Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Man if it's wrong to watchlist the same guitar for over a year then I don't even remotely want to be right.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27621
    gringopig said:

What the hell are they watching? 10 days. 7 watchers lurking. It's not expensive ffs

I even have watchers on an auction! What is it with people? Do they not understand what's going on?

I've been waiting for one of those to come up for AGES!!!

On my watch list.

:+1: 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I often watch several similar items to see which one might be worth a bid at the end of the auction. 

If you're not accepting offers but object to watchers, then why are you using an auction site? 

Think you're missing the point.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    gringopig said:
    Gosh, so if I have unravelled that logic correctly, you have watchlisted a guitar for a year?
    Do you intend to buy it at some point?
    I mean...maybe.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited February 2020
    Can you not just ignore the watchers? 
    I have to admit I've watched things before just out of interest. 
    edited July 2020
    edited July 2020
  • gringopig said:
    prlgmnr said:
    gringopig said:
    Gosh, so if I have unravelled that logic correctly, you have watchlisted a guitar for a year?
    I mean...maybe.
    Just buy it!! gringo says it's OK
    I sometimes watch things that are ludicrously overpriced just to derive satisfaction when they don’t sell. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6085
    gringopig said:
    I often watch several similar items to see which one might be worth a bid at the end of the auction. 

If you're not accepting offers but object to watchers, then why are you using an auction site? 

Think you're missing the point.
    I could be indeed. I am accepting offers. I'm also auctioning camera stuff but have got no bids - just freaking watchers. I thought the whole point of an auction was to bid on stuff?
    Watchers often do it as a reminder to put in a bid just as the auction finishes. Bidding just before the auction ends is a good idea if you want to get the item for the least amount of money. Nothing wrong with it imo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2402
    gringopig said:
    prlgmnr said:
    gringopig said:
    I mean...maybe.
    Just buy it!! gringo says it's OK
    I sometimes watch things that are ludicrously overpriced just to derive satisfaction when they don’t sell. 
    Oh yes. The £2,500 mid-2000s Gibson SG Special in "rare" teal is a favourite.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2417
    I watch tons of stuff because I am terminally indecisive and can't make up my mind immediately whether I want to bid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sometimes I'll watch things because I quite fancy them but want to see how the bidding goes before I commit. It is possible (occasionally) to put in a last minute bid and get something cheap, whereas if you bid earlier, other bidders have a chance to outbid you
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I think some people have got the wrong idea about what ‘watching’ on eBay means. Watching doesn’t necessarily mean ‘I want to buy’ and a high number of watchers of an item doesn’t mean it’s more likely to sell. You can have one watcher and sell, and 100 watchers and not sell. People could be watching for all sorts of reasons, some of which have been mentioned, including ‘I’ve no intention of buying this but I just want to see what happens’. What’s wrong with that? 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    Yup, I’m always watching stuff, most of which I’ll never buy. Some I want to see what it sells for eventually so I can value my own stuff for future sale, some I may show interest in at a later date if I run into some disposable income, and I’m usually watching a few that I know used to be mine and I’m curious to see how long it takes the dealer-flipper to heavily discount just to get some smug satisfaction about selling it for the “right” price in the first place. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    gringopig said:

Dude what's your ebay id? I promise I wont just watch everything you sell :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Watched just for fun. That's how I get my kicks.

Seriously what is wrong with watching? You gave the analogy that people wouldn't watch a tin of beans in the supermarket but thats exactly what competitor supermarkets do, they monitor the prices of the competition. If people want to watch your Danelectro to inform them of what the going rate is so they can use it to sell theirs then that's well within their right. Ebay perhaps isn't for you?

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom