The Gibson litigation machine rolls on Heritage now in the cross hairs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19135
    Sassafras said:
    The only Gibson I own is an SG.
    I shall be chopping it up for firewood this afternoon.
    That's how strongly I feel about this issue.
    Photo's please, or it didn't happen  ;)

I'm with the guy on the balcony holding his head in disbelief...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72757
    edited March 2020
    TTBZ said:
    I just checked out these Heritage guitars.. anyone who was complaining about the Epiphone headstock shape will surely have a field day over this one. It's horrid. I'm sure they're nice guitars and all but for those prices I'd want perfection!
    I like the Heritage headstock shape. But then I also like Aria, Hamer, Epiphone and the Gibsons with the ‘snake head’ as well...

The only thing I don't like is the Epiphone headstock shape on guitars that were only ever Gibson models, like the Les Paul and SG.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10910
    Sassafras said:
    The only Gibson I own is an SG.
    I shall be chopping it up for firewood this afternoon.
    That's how strongly I feel about this issue.
    Photo's please, or it didn't happen  ;)

I'm with the guy on the balcony holding his head in disbelief...
    DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I think I may well sell my Les Paul. My Yamaha SG is more reliable with regard to tuning anyway. 
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    ICBM said:
    I’ve actually always thought Heritages were very different from equivalent Gibsons despite their company history - better in some ways, worse in others, but definitely not something you would buy if you want a Gibson.
    Playing both seemed to work for Gary Moore.

Mind you, any guitar seemed to work for him.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    edited March 2020
    As litigation goes, this is akin to Network Rail suing Hornby.

Absolutely pathetic....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5078
    That Heritage headstock is really ugly, even I managed to make mine better looking than that
    Pics?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1612
    Gibson has responded:

https://guitar.com/news/gibson-issues-formal-response-to-heritage-lawsuit/

“Recently, Heritage launched some new guitars that clearly did not respect, nor adhere to, the original contract. In fact, several customers had inquired if they were actually Gibson Guitars. Heritage Guitars also took the liberty of using language on their website that was misleading and misrepresenting, which added to the confusion."

“As a result, Gibson contacted Heritage to remind them of the conditions of the original contract, with the intention of constructive resolution and suggestions to cure the breach(s). To be clear, Gibson has not sued Heritage and has been proactive towards a solution. However, Gibson will not accept that Heritage Guitars, owned by BandLab, in partnership with real estate developers, can re-write Gibson’s history or blatantly breach a good faith contract."

I dare say lawyers for both parties are happily racking up some big bills. 
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    edited March 2020
    For me, Heritage were a gateway drug to the hardcore Gibson stuff 
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Gibson has responded:

https://guitar.com/news/gibson-issues-formal-response-to-heritage-lawsuit/

“Recently, Heritage launched some new guitars that clearly did not respect, nor adhere to, the original contract. In fact, several customers had inquired if they were actually Gibson Guitars. Heritage Guitars also took the liberty of using language on their website that was misleading and misrepresenting, which added to the confusion."

“As a result, Gibson contacted Heritage to remind them of the conditions of the original contract, with the intention of constructive resolution and suggestions to cure the breach(s). To be clear, Gibson has not sued Heritage and has been proactive towards a solution. However, Gibson will not accept that Heritage Guitars, owned by BandLab, in partnership with real estate developers, can re-write Gibson’s history or blatantly breach a good faith contract."

I dare say lawyers for both parties are happily racking up some big bills. 
    ... to buy PRS guitars with obviously ...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    If Gibson are worried about losing sales they should make better guitars.  Their build quality is, at times, shocking.