Just Found This...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    I have a ton of spares/ bridges/ pickups etc which I have promised myself will get used at some point.

And then there are the random things which almost certainly won't:

-A pair of pickups and half the bridge from my first guitar, a horrible Audition electric.
    -The trem from a Hohner JT60/ Hollywood, in badly plated gold, which should have been sold with the guitar, but I couldn't find it when I sold it.
    -A brand new neck for a Burns Flyte, not lacquered and never fitted to a guitar. It has the worst fret job I've ever seen, a fingerboard stained to look like rosewood (I think it's a one piece maple neck), and aluminium binding. Bought from Music Ground in Doncaster about 30 years ago (I doubt it's a fake, it doesn't have enough value to be worth forging!)

If I had a rummage there are probably a load more items to add to the list.

I have absolutely no idea why I keep all this stuff, other than to clutter the house!
    A Hohner JT60 trem and a Burns Flyte neck, you say?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14501
    Sell H7 the JT60 bridge. If it goes on his 3xP90 Höhner, he could flog me a surplus tarnished gold Wilkinson V50.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry @HarrySeven, the word 'arm' seems to have gone astray from my post, doh! - it's just the arm sat in my parts box, but you're very welcome to it. Wasn't the trem on the JT60 a two post job? There must be something out there that is a suitable replacement?
    And if you are interested in the Burns Flyte neck let me know and I'll dig it out and do some photo's.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14308
    tFB Trader
    Sorry @HarrySeven, the word 'arm' seems to have gone astray from my post, doh! - it's just the arm sat in my parts box, but you're very welcome to it. Wasn't the trem on the JT60 a two post job? There must be something out there that is a suitable replacement?
    And if you are interested in the Burns Flyte neck let me know and I'll dig it out and do some photo's.
    I recall Slade been an advert for the Burn's Flyte - Think it might have been about the movie they did 
    Wasn't the trem on the JT60 a two post job? There must be something out there that is a suitable replacement?

I’ve got a few JT60’s - as the vibrato units are made from papier-mâché, twigs and dust, spares or replacements are always useful! I have an ex- @Funkfingers one with (as mentioned above) a Wilkinson V50 fitted.

Re. Flyte neck - if it’s not too much trouble?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• @HarrySeven I haven't forgotten about your request, just needed a moment to dig it out and photograph it. So, here's an Imgur gallery for you.

Burns Flyte neck https://imgur.com/a/tn9RLWl

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    Sorry @HarrySeven, the word 'arm' seems to have gone astray from my post, doh! - it's just the arm sat in my parts box, but you're very welcome to it. Wasn't the trem on the JT60 a two post job? There must be something out there that is a suitable replacement?
    I recall Slade been an advert for the Burn's Flyte - Think it might have been about the movie they did 

I've always fancied a Burns Flyte.

Building one from parts could be a bit of a quest, though...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    prowla said:

You clearly haven't played one then :).

A friend of mine has the bass version. It's like some sort of amateurish Dr Who prop.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    prowla said:

A friend of mine has the bass version. It's like some sort of amateurish Dr Who prop.
    Correct, @ICBM - they were a bit shit, even when new. Looked great, though! :)

• ICBM said:
    prowla said:

Correct, @ICBM - they were a bit shit, even when new. Looked great, though! :)
    Remember Marc Bolan playing/posing with one on his tv programme in the 70’s looked really cool to a teenager
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Perhaps we should start a thread on the most obscure thing in our “spares” box. 
    I’ll start with a Sonic ranger minus the wiring diagram and a lock for a kahler trem
    I've got a sonic ranger in its original packaging in one of my boxes of bits. I'll see if the wiring diagram is still there.
    normula1 said:
    I’ll start with a Sonic ranger minus the wiring diagram and a lock for a kahler trem
    I've got a sonic ranger in its original packaging in one of my boxes of bits. I'll see if the wiring diagram is still there.
    Mopro Sonic Ranger - now there’s a blast from the past! :o

• SeshSesh Frets: 1847
    Wasn't the trem on the JT60 a two post job? There must be something out there that is a suitable replacement?

I’ve got a few JT60’s - as the vibrato units are made from papier-mâché, twigs and dust, spares or replacements are always useful! I have an ex- @Funkfingers one with (as mentioned above) a Wilkinson V50 fitted.

Re. Flyte neck - if it’s not too much trouble?
    The jt60 I have came 2nd hand without a trem arm. When I put a bit of rod for a wiggle to see if it was stable the block around the trem hole dissolved. I hunted high and low for a replacement but wasn't prepared to pay nearly half I paid for the thing to replace it with something decent. I found a cheapo p.o.s. with the right post spacing which does the job. I should really do something better with it... 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    Erm, how about a Wilkinson?  ;)
    normula1 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ge442jlorln0240/SR600.pdf?dl=0

Here's a scan of the Sonic Ranger manual. 

I paid £69.50 for this in 1989 which must have been a small fortune back then.... goodness knows how I got away with it.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I remember those. I also remember declining to fall for the hype. (The old three good sounds is better than ten cruddy ones attitude.) That Sonic Ranger mod has more characters than Peter Sellers and Kenneth Williams put together.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1486
    I still have one of them in a box.  I'd totally forgotten what it was!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So how many are still being used versus sat in a box forgotten about? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1 said:
    normula1 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ge442jlorln0240/SR600.pdf?dl=0

Here's a scan of the Sonic Ranger manual. 

I paid £69.50 for this in 1989 which must have been a small fortune back then.... goodness knows how I got away with it.
    Thanks for that really useful 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk