SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Mexican Tele Reissue pickups

What's Hot
ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
edited March 2023 in Parts £
Scroll to end for latest addition! Fender Mex Tele reissue pickups.

First batch - three quite unusual pickups.

TV Jones T90 Bridge - original Gretsch mount - black cover/gold polepieces. 7.5K, 52mm pole spacing, 2-conductor+shield cable. This pickup is quite tall at 23mm (not including any raised polepieces), so check it will fit. It has 31cm of usable cable. They're $128 new - £60 inc. postage.

Lindy Fralin P-92 - black metal cover - I think this is a neck pickup, although it's not marked. 6.7K (the label says 8200 - that might be the turns), 50mm pole spacing, single shielded cable. It has 21cm of cable to the end of the braided shielding but has been extended slightly - the centre wire is 28cm. They're $160 new - £75 inc. postage.

TV Jones Magna’tron Bridge - chrome cover. 7.7K, 52mm pole spacing, 4-conductor cable. It has 17cm of cable on the shortest core and shield, 21cm on the others. They're $152 new - £75 inc. postage. I can supply screws and springs if necessary.

All sold.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    All very tempting. 

ICBM said:
    Lindy Fralin P-92 - I think this is a neck pickup
    I agree. (50mm pole spacing.) Am I correct to think that the P92 employs two short coils, each sensing three strings? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407

Am I correct to think that the P92 employs two short coils, each sensing three strings? 
    Yes.

All very tempting.
    £200 the lot including Special Delivery postage - it will need to be, at that total value - if you want them :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Still cogitating. 

What size is the Magna’tron cover, Gretsch or Gibson?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Still cogitating. 

What size is the Magna’tron cover, Gretsch or Gibson?
    Standard Gibson humbucker size.

I was going to list some other, more standard ones as well - thanks for reminding me!

edited June 2020
    Second batch - three Duncan Strat pickups.

APS-1 Alnico Pro II - vintage staggered poles - 6.1K - wire length both 21cm.

SSL-2 Vintage Flat Strat - flat poles - 6.5K - wire length 12cm black/14cm white.

SSL-3 Hot Strat - flat poles - 15.6K - wire length 17cm black/21cm white - also fits a Jaguar.

They're all between £60 and £70 new - £30 each including postage.

All sold.

edited June 2020
    Third batch - a pair of Bareknuckle P90s.

The neck is a standard P90 - 6.8K - the bridge is a P91 - 8.2K. I don't know what models they correspond to now, Bareknuckle don't call them that any more. The neck has 34cm of wire, the bridge 27cm. Both have black covers which are slightly scratched, and height screws are included. I'd much prefer to sell them as a pair - Bareknuckle P90s are £95 each new, these are £90 the pair including postage.

Sold.

• TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    Do you know if the Bareknuckle P90s are Alnico 5?

I am actually looking for a 52mm spaced bridge P90 - I assume these are standard 50mm?

If the TV Jones P90 in the first post was a soapbar I'd have bought it in a flash!

Thanks.
    TJT1979 said:
    Do you know if the Bareknuckle P90s are Alnico 5?
    Don't know, sorry - I don't know what specs Bareknuckle were using then. The best I can do is the box for the bridge one, which is labelled P91.

TJT1979 said:

I am actually looking for a 52mm spaced bridge P90 - I assume these are standard 50mm?
    Yes, both 50mm.

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    pm sent

edited June 2020
    A set of Bareknuckle Strat pickup covers, brand new, in 'parchment' - really nice quality ones. £10 inc postage.

• FretboredFretbored Frets: 60
    I'll take the pick-up covers please, if still available.
    edited June 2020
    Seymour Duncan Broadcaster Tele bridge. More or less as new, I still have the original box too! 8K. They're £70 new - £35 including postage.

Seymour Duncan '59 Bridge - 8.4K, braided single-conductor cable. 50mm pole spacing, 'tall' legs for Gibson-type cavities. 11cm of original wire (will reach to the volume pot on a Les Paul I think) but also extended to 30cm. They're about £80 new - £40 including postage.

Both sold.

• i'll take the broadcaster pickup please :+1: PM me you PP deets.

Thank you :-)
    A pair of Fender Mexican Standard Tele pickups - these are the ones with ceramic magnets on the bottom, and we all know they're not the best pickups ever made! But they are pretty decent as an upgrade for a Squier or some other lower-cost Tele. The bridge is 10.5K and the neck 8.6K, so they're reasonably powerful.

Bear in mind that with the magnets on the bottom, they're taller than standard Tele pickups - 23mm - so make sure there is enough clearance under the strings. The neck pickup ground wire is also cut short since on a Mexican Tele, it goes to the ground screw in the pickup cavity not all the way back to the pots - but can be easily extended.

£40 including postage.

edited June 2020
    A couple of Dimarzios...

Air Norton, F spacing (52mm), 12.6K. 29cm of wire. With the original box etc. I can provide height screws & springs if needed. These are about £65 new - £35 including postage.

PAF Pro bridge, F spacing (52mm), 9K. 9-10cm of wire on the shield, up to 13cm on the cores - short, but will fit a Superstrat-type volume pot and switch position. It's been direct-mounted so has foam strips on the bottom, but the height screw threads are not damaged. These are about £70 new - £35 including postage.

Both sold.

edited June 2020
    Bartolini 3AV acoustic pickup. This is a hum-cancelling stacked pickup with balanced poles for a wound 3rd string. Originally designed as an acoustic soundhole pickup, with a rather awkward perspex mounting bracket (replaced on recent versions with an improved one) - which was missing when I acquired it. Kurt Cobain had one in his MTV Unplugged Martin, if it matters...

Tested and working, with height screws and springs but no hook-up cable - there are two solder points on the bottom. It does have a bit of wear on the top, but not bad. These are $150 new, with the mount - £40 including postage.

Sold.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    Fender Mex Teles still available.

• Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    edited April 2020
    Might be after the Mexican pickups and the Air Norton (all in for £70?)but have to sell my TC nova repeater first. Are there any pickups or FX you are looking for?
    Yamaha77 said:
    Might be after the Mexican pickups and the Air Norton (all in for £70?)but have to sell my TC nova repeater first. Are there any pickups or FX you are looking for?
    Not specifically, but let me know what you have - I need to sell rather than buy at the moment really, but you never know, I may be tempted :). (Though definitely not by the TC.) Yes, I could do all three pickups for £70.

• Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
    @ICBM, would that Bartolini fit in the neck position of a tele?