Musoo Guitars (China)

What's Hot
AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
What do you know about them? Very little information on the 'net.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Amigo said:
    What do you know about them? Very little information on the 'net.
    Nothing.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Vaguely aware of the name, but that’s all...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Sounds like a west country dairy farmer calling his cattle.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    http://www.musooguitars.com/

They cropped up on Amazon UK, silly prices, but not much about them. Their website is not confidence-inspiring, but then again not many chinese companies' websites are.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Some say if you change the pickups on the Les Paul model you get very near an R8 or even a Harley Benton with a pickup change .
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6072
    rossi said:
    Some say if you change the pickups on the Les Paul model you get very near an R8 or even a Harley Benton with a pickup change .
    and twelve months later they turn to rust and die.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18785
    Nah, rust never sleeps.
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    I've never seen rusty wood :#
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Rusty wood?

made some great blue films in the 80’s
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 832
    edited October 2020
    I bought a Musoo LPJ (see here) and asked for some modification. Basically they said show us what you want and we will make it for you... but you need to trust them and pay up front. They sent crap photos at various stages and it took about 10 weeks for delivery.

Initial impressions on delivery were excellent but on closer inspection there were issues. the big one being control holes in the wrong place otherwise perfect. There was a point where it looked like a router bit had caught the body near the neck pocket and they had repaired it (repaired well).

In fairness I think I paid about £135 plus some import duty perhaps another £20-25 can't exactly remember the figures but all in all even with the faults it seems good.

The neck... is full, think baseball bat but seems straight and flat though some crowning is needed.

The neck joint is a great fit and pocket angles seemed accurate.

They had drilled the machine head holes in the headstock and they were all over the show. I ended up plugging them and re drilling.

I thought about selling the kit recently as we have sold our house and a move is imminent but I decided to put it it together and am currently in the process of finishing it. Glad I kept it.

This where I'm up to.

I'm tempted to go back to them for another but really would spell out to them what I wanted, even send plans and I think they would pull it off.

Mine will go off for a proper setup when complete and I think it will be a good but not accurate guitar. I strung it prior to starting finishing and it was very resonant with good sustain... I'm hopeful I'll enjoy it in the end:-)

The lady I frequently contacted was Susan. (musooguitars@163.com)

Great practice before spending a lot of money IMO!

• AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    I did see that thread, thanks a lot. I was thinking more about the ready-made guitars, as I do not have the inclination, nor the skills to undertake such a task as you set out to do.
  • Yeah, I only picked that up later when I read you post again. If you do go through with one I'd be interested in your experience.