Fano RB6T Thinline, Now making the first one.

What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 985
    Looks great! As you say a nice change from Strats/Teles.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    Are you making these to sell or are they already spoken for?
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader

After chambering then gluing the cap on the weight was 3lb 15oz.

The body weighed 3lb 2oz after the body was trimmed to size. The weight when down to 2lb 14oz after the neck pocket, bridge pick up, and the openings for the control cavities on the back of the guitar were routed.

A slight lack of communications between myself and the customer, I thought the guitar was going to have a Telecaster control plate. Fortunately the customer contacted me before I had done that rout. This one will have the same control openings on the back as the first one I built.

I'm hoping to have enough time to cut the binding channel and fix the bindings on, as tomorrow I’m not in the workshop for long. I’m off to DD’s to purchase Mahogany enough to do about 20 Les Pauls. DD has found me a load of 40mm Mahogany for bodies, I normally buy 50mm (quite often it's 55mm or more) then have to plane off at least 10mm sometimes more.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Everything I make is for sale, if it's a commission build then I will state that as the build progresses.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

GSPBASSES said:

Everything I make is for sale, if it's a commission build then I will state that as the build progresses.

Thank you!
    tFB Trader

The next RB6T is nearly finished, just a few holes to drill, and a bit of sanding. Still need to do the recess is for the back plates and then make the back plates, plus the pickguard.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    looks great with that binding added
    tFB Trader

The second RB6T completed, this one will take a standard TC bridge and pickup with a P90 in the neck position, 22 frets 25.5” scale.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    GSPBASSES said:

The second RB6T completed, this one will take a standard TC bridge and pickup with a P90 in the neck position, 22 frets 25.5” scale.

Beautiful!    
    John_P said:
    GSPBASSES said:

Beautiful!    
    Yep....love that
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6691
    Fabulous. I love these build threads. Makes me wish I'd made other choices in life.... ;)
  • vanlooy1vanlooy1 Frets: 453
    Apologies for not doing a build thread!!! Anyway this is how it turned out. My first nitro job, looks good from a distance but up close a bit amateurish. Still onwards and upwards, made plenty of mistakes and learnt a lot. Plays great and sounds killer. 

Oil City wapping wharf in the bridge and a mojo p90 staple in the neck
    0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vanlooy1 said:
    Apologies for not doing a build thread!!! Anyway this is how it turned out. My first nitro job, looks good from a distance but up close a bit amateurish. Still onwards and upwards, made plenty of mistakes and learnt a lot. Plays great and sounds killer. 

Oil City wapping wharf in the bridge and a mojo p90 staple in the neck
    Oof! That’s rather nice. I’m still working on finishing mine. I’d considered black but went another way. You’re making me regret that. 
    Thanks, black shows up every finish imperfection- of which there are many!
    tFB Trader
    Great job completing the guitar, it’s always good for me to see the finished product, well done. They are proving quite popular with partcaster builders, I guess it’s because it’s a different shape from the normal Tele’s and Strat’s.

Thanks Graham, it’s a great guitar I’m chuffed with it!
    tFB Trader

Shit happens.

If you look further back in this post you'll see I started to make a RB6T with a London plane cap. Had a few hours to spare last Friday, so decided to pull it out to do some more work on it. It was at the stage where I needed to route the channel for the banding, this is normally quite a simple job on a flat top guitar. However this time it was a bit of a disaster, I was going round the second time just to clean it up a bit when the bearing come off the cutter and the consequences are in the first photo.

As you can see a nice big chunk out of the cap. Normally when something like this happens with the fancy top it's a dustbin job, or the top has to be removed and a new one put on.  But as the pattern on this cap was so random, I thought I might be able to repair it without it being too obvious.

I routed across the damage to give me a nice square edge to butt up to, put some glue on.

Found a piece of London plane similar to the cap and glued it on.

The finished repair, which I think is not bad at all. I will sell the body as a "B" grade sometime in the future. The neck and finger board to go with the body are also made from London plane.

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Genius!   Outstanding work as usual! 
    tFB Trader
    John_P said:
    Genius!   Outstanding work as usual! 
    Thank you.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6392
    Ace recovery !!!!!!!!

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback