Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ivison Guitar Review in The Guitar Magazine

What's Hot

Comments

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Well Done Neil, your build threads were an inspiration to me and got me into building.  

Good luck with the new models,  and hopefully the review will bring you plenty of orders. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I love the look and sound of a P90 in the neck and a HB in the bridge and the tops look superb!  Massive Congratulations Neil!  
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I like everything about this guitar. Should it have a poker chip? Definitely no. The colour of the P90 cover is perfect. The headstock and the logo look great. The cutaway is sublime
    In summary, the builder has immaculate taste.

The GuitarGeek interview (YouTube) shows that Neil Ivison is a modest and likeable bloke. I want to wish this respected  member of this forum  good fortune with this venture.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, agreed. Very well judged design and a beautiful looking instrument. And terrific value for money IMO. 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2170
    That’s a really cool looking thing. A lovely blend between a sort of contemporary Fano-esque design and the ubiquitous late ‘50’s Burst. 
    Lovely looking. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Great stuff! Onwards and upwards.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27616
    Stunning work.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11822
    Not usually a LP fan nor do I care for heavy-handed relic-ing, but this is VERY nice.  Beautiful looking and tastefully aged (rather than relic'd).  Finish looks sublime and I adore the colour - autumn in a forest full of Japanese maples.  A maker for me to add to my watch-list so thanks for flagging.
  • Lots to like there. Looks very nicely built. Gorgeous top.

I'd want two humbuckers, no pickguard. And not sure about the control knobs like that, I'd rather have the one closest to the bridge lower down. So both are a similar distance to the edge of the top. 

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 453
    Awesome
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6839
    edited October 2020 tFB Trader
    Chaps, i've just come back to this thread and am genuinely bowled over by the kind comments on the Hurricane. It is so very much appreciated!

The forum and it's members have been an incredible support to me since I first started Ivison Guitars and even before when I was plain old MiserNeil! In fact, it was only down to the generosity of @digitalscream @TTony @Bridgehouse & @Roland for inviting me, that I was able to exhibit at the Guitar Show which was an incredible opportunity for Ivison Guitars.

While we're at it I must thank @guitars4you @ThorpyFX & @RiftAmps who helped me find my feet at the very first show I exhibited at and all the forum members who i've met 'in the wild', gentlemen to a man!

Anyway, I've just uploaded a couple of videos that my pal Remi Harris filmed for me over the weekend if you fancy hearing the Hurricane in action:

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17638
    tFB Trader
    I normally really dislike modern attempts to create something retro like Fano etc, but I think that looks superb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @IvisonGuitars - you've edited your post and broken the YouTube links.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    edited October 2020
    Ruddy gorgeous - been looking for other P90/HB LPs all week ! Duesenberg Starplayers or BFGs seem to be it.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    tFB Trader
    @IvisonGuitars - you've edited your post and broken the YouTube links.
    Thanks @Jonathangus, sorted again :)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    edited October 2020
    That is an exceptional looking guitar, congrats and continued success with your instrument line.
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 362
    Finally, a respected luthier in Worcester! Seen his guitars before but never realised he was a local. Will be contacting @IvisonGuitars for a full setup on a couple of guitars in the not too distant future. 

Also, congrats on the review. They do indeed look stunning! 
  • hoopshoops Frets: 227
    Sounded great in both vids. Clean and dirty.
    tFB Trader
    Morning Chaps!

I didn't want to spam the forum with self promotion so I thought i'd add this here.

Following on from the Guitar.com review, i'm absolutely blown away that The Hurricane has been nominated for High End Guitar Of 2020 in Guitar Magazine's end of year poll!

To even be mentioned alongside Gretsch, Nik Huber, Music Man and B&G is just amazing considering i'm only one chap in a workshop and that is more than enough but if any of you felt inclined to throw a vote my way, I would, as always, be extremely grateful! :) 

https://guitar.com/features/awards/best-high-end-electric-guitars-2020/

That Gretsch though.... <3

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Morning Chaps!

I didn't want to spam the forum with self promotion so I thought i'd add this here.

Following on from the Guitar.com review, i'm absolutely blown away that The Hurricane has been nominated for High End Guitar Of 2020 in Guitar Magazine's end of year poll!

To even be mentioned alongside Gretsch, Nik Huber, Music Man and B&G is just amazing considering i'm only one chap in a workshop and that is more than enough but if any of you felt inclined to throw a vote my way, I would, as always, be extremely grateful! :) 

https://guitar.com/features/awards/best-high-end-electric-guitars-2020/

That Gretsch though.... <3

WOW'd, you must be made up with that !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback