Duo-sonic rebuild

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16730
    I think it would be a bit too close to the edge still... I like that its sitting in the middle of the wider part of the plate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The plates done now.  I just need to do a shallow route under the pickup so I can get it level and have some height adjustment, looks wonky here, but its just because the bass side close to the bridge is dropping into the existing cavity, so i will need to shim it up there to give a level mounting surface

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Got a neck... 

Mounting holes are in the wrong place so need to be plugged, will do the tuners at the same time so I can fit a set of klusons 

Made some decals for the neck... just waterslide paper and the ancient home printer.

I remembered I had some fender style font  files, so went with that.  Just black ink though.   I did consider printing them in reverse and painting the wrong side of the decal gold, just inside the letters

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And done 

I wired in a 3 way mini toggle for series/split/parallel 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659
    Nice, where did you get the neck from? I've an old Duo Sonic/Musicmaster body waiting in the wings.
    It's a second hand neck, think it was a squier.   Works well after some fettling and finish work.

Feels very similar to the modded bullet in the middle, but board seems nicer quality on this one and it's a better cut of maple.

Watch out  for 24" scale necks with 22frets and an overhang... those won't work on a fender.

Allparts used to do a good one, its what I used originally on this... but its not listed on their site anymore 
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    That's a nice trio.  Great job(s)