Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Trent Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    Oh good gravy, hell yes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 713
    edited October 2021
    Yup - loved this when I saw the Facebook post earlier this afternoon. This one is just stunning... what are the pickups (I recall your Fbook post saying Mojo but which ones?) I could seriously lust after one of these with splittable humbucker in the bridge and a vibrato. The scratchplate is the hotsauce!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1731
    tFB Trader
    Benm39 said:
    Yup - loved this when I saw the Facebook post earlier this afternoon. This one is just stunning... what are the pickups (I recall your Fbook post saying Mojo but which ones?) I could seriously lust after one of these with splittable humbucker in the bridge and a vibrato. The scratchplate is the hotsauce!
    Thanks mate

It’s mini firebird gold foil in the neck and the lap steel humbucker in the bridge.

I can do splittable humbucker and the vibrato!
  • I think the water based paint and more environmentally conscious glue etc is very cool and something not many (if any) companies are doing - perhaps it is worth building on that as a kind of brand identity? There are increasing numbers of young people who really care about these things, but the big companies do not cater to them. By offering an options that is better, you could find yourself the guitar company of choice for those who want to do a little bit more for the environment and support local businesses. This could be as simple as mentioning where and how you ethically source your timber, to partnering with a company that offsets carbon emissions** so that a buyer can pay to offset the carbon emissions involved in the production of their guitar, or even offsetting carbon emissions for the whole business. 

Reiterating what others have said, I wouldn't stress about how things are going - this kind of endeavour is always going to take a while to get off the ground and 10 in 3 months really is something to be proud of. Obviously getting more guitars in people's hands will make a huge difference, as will getting them into the hands of online influencers with large audiences. 

Good luck!

**Don't actually know much about the company linked - they were just the first option on a quick google. As proof that people do actually care about this kind of stuff: I just booked a Ryanair flight and was given the option to pay £6 to offset all the emissions from my flight.
    tFB Trader
    I think the water based paint and more environmentally conscious glue etc is very cool and something not many (if any) companies are doing - perhaps it is worth building on that as a kind of brand identity? There are increasing numbers of young people who really care about these things, but the big companies do not cater to them. By offering an options that is better, you could find yourself the guitar company of choice for those who want to do a little bit more for the environment and support local businesses. This could be as simple as mentioning where and how you ethically source your timber, to partnering with a company that offsets carbon emissions** so that a buyer can pay to offset the carbon emissions involved in the production of their guitar, or even offsetting carbon emissions for the whole business. 

Reiterating what others have said, I wouldn't stress about how things are going - this kind of endeavour is always going to take a while to get off the ground and 10 in 3 months really is something to be proud of. Obviously getting more guitars in people's hands will make a huge difference, as will getting them into the hands of online influencers with large audiences. 

Good luck!

**Don't actually know much about the company linked - they were just the first option on a quick google. As proof that people do actually care about this kind of stuff: I just booked a Ryanair flight and was given the option to pay £6 to offset all the emissions from my flight.
    Thank you so much mate, that means a lot and I also want to see what I can do to attempt to make my guitars with as less as an environmental impact as I can. I forsee signing up to the 1% for the planet initiative or something similar when I'm profitable!

Yeah, things are definitely on the up now, which is great. I'm getting a lot more enquiries and have sold a couple more.

Jarvisguitar who's had the demo model for a few weeks also posted a video today where he really gets some wonderful sounds from it!

Definitely some more tones in there for people to enjoy.

It's off to an excellent singer-songwriter next, can't wait to see what she thinks.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5280
    Enjoyed that demo, Nice player as well. A bright future for Trent guitars me thinks..
  • LogieLogie Frets: 443
    That sounds so nice. Really distinctive pickup selections. Lovely to see a design that nods to the classics but manages to have it's own character.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27610
    That guitar looks vaguely familiar somehow ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Big milestone a couple weeks back, Model 1 on a proper stage making some big noise! Got these photos through today,

Full image credits are to Joeri Peeters,

He enjoys it so much it's replaced his Goldtop for the number one spot! I'm making a second for him for their North America tour in February. Really lovely to deal with!
    0reaction image LOL 19reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool photos! Pardon my ignorance though - who is he and who are they?! 
    Singer in the third pic looks suspiciously like Gary Numan.
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    I think that's exactly who it is!

R.
    Congrats on getting that sorted Elliott!  

:+1:
    …and it was mentioned earlier in the Discussion. 

Very cool. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Just to know that one of your guitars is playing 'Are friends electric?' every night is reason to be proud, Elliot. Nice.
    tFB Trader
    Well this has made my year

0reaction image LOL 28reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3843
    edited December 2021
    Awesome! And well deserved I'm sure. 
    Brilliant Elliott - that's some great recognition.  I'll go download the mag and read!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    Well deserved!
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    Well done indeed!