North West Guitar Show - Haydock Park Race Course - Sunday 15th May

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 1018
    edited May 2022
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    @CasperCaster and @CountryDave - Thanks for your help and support yesterday - Hope you enjoyed time spent tied to a stand all day - See you soon
    Hi Mark @guitars4you - yep @CountryDave and I both had a great time thanks - it was very interesting to see the show from the other side of the table! It was a long day, but we both enjoyed the experience, so we owe you a big thanks for the opportunity. See you again soon!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 859
    @CasperCaster and @CountryDave - Thanks for your help and support yesterday - Hope you enjoyed time spent tied to a stand all day - See you soon
    Hi Mark @guitars4you - yep @CountryDave and I both had a great time thanks - it was very interesting to see the show from the other side of the table! It was a long day, but we both enjoyed the experience, so we owe you a big thanks for the opportunity. See you again soon!
    Had a good day. Thanks again for giving us the chance to see things from your point of view.
    Hope you had a good journey home.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7063
    tFB Trader
    I'd planned to go but couldn't make it unfortunately. Sorry not to have seen everyone
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    edited May 2022
    Me and the missis had a good two and a bit hours there. Was very busy this year and (at the risk of getting shot down in flames) I genuinely think the entrance fee is ridiculous now. I did however, come away with this that I’m very happy with
    How very rock and roll
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    edited May 2022

How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1977
    I wanted to buy an Eastman acoustic from Forsyth's and the guy agreed he'd do a part-ex with a G&L asat and asked me to email over some pictures to him so he could value it. I told him I had it in the car and he could look at it in the flesh so to speak and take his own pictures. He made some excuse that he couldn't give me a price as he'd have to research it first so stuck with the 'email some pics'. WTF. I've decided not to bother as he couldn't have been any less helpful. He could have researched it whilst he was stood around doing nothing. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14333
    tFB Trader
    Cool colour ^ - I can't remember the sellers name but recognize his stand 

I know the cost of all these venues has risen post covid - they've had 2 years of no revenue (venue/stadium I'm on about) and they need to recover some of these losses - I was speaking to another guitar show organiser about a different show in a different venue and he said that venue wanted 3 x's more now than previously 
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1977

I know the cost of all these venues has risen post covid - they've had 2 years of no revenue (venue/stadium I'm on about) and they need to recover some of these losses - I was speaking to another guitar show organiser about a different show in a different venue and he said that venue wanted 3 x's more now than previously 
    I think 8 quid is a fair price really Mark. That's 2 pints. And you gave me £5 off my Fender custom strap for being a fellow tFB and I got to see John Verity and had a chat with him afterwards. All in all a good day. Did that guy ever buy that Fender Lead that had been routed for a second pickup? Looked a good project guitar to me.

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14333
    tFB Trader
    Devil#20 said:

I think 8 quid is a fair price really Mark. That's 2 pints. And you gave me £5 off my Fender custom strap for being a fellow tFB and I got to see John Verity and had a chat with him afterwards. All in all a good day. Did that guy ever buy that Fender Lead that had been routed for a second pickup? Looked a good project guitar to me.
    I had 2/3 looking at it during the day but yes that lad came back and brought it - I was up for some form of 'project' myself, but just to much on at the time - It had some great 'punky-esq' vibe about it - Take care
  • BlackbirdCabsBlackbirdCabs Frets: 274
    Not sure if I met any of you on Sunday, hello again if I did! It was only my 2nd show (after Bristol last month) so I don't have much to compare it to, but it certainly felt really busy for a 2-3 hour spell in the middle of the day. It was great having people come past and try out the cabs and I even managed to have a proper look around.
    Generally speaking I did very well at not even looking at the vintage guitars on offer, just in case I fell in love with something, however I did have a play on a couple of new guitars by Karl Longbottom and he had a roasted maple neck which felt amazing and looked gourgeous, I'd not seen one in the flesh before.
    I loved the venue but can't help thinking the racecourse itself should be utilised somehow. Guitar solos on horseback maybe?
    Blackbird Cabs - bespoke guitar cabinets, handcrafted in North Devon
    sam@blackbirdcabs.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11942

...not to mention huge increases in the cost of lighting, heating etc which will inevitably be passed on to the punter.  Shows won't be held if costs can't be covered.