On/off switch for pedal board

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited June 2022
    slawler said:
    I take it there isn't a mini pedal that exists which could be linked up and effectively act as a on/off switch?
    Id assume that "stomp box" components arent mains voltage compatible ? (I honestly dont know) so if that's the case - it would have to work on the DC supply.................so either to a daisy chain or "distributor" (gig rig)

Or you make something that can "stomp" switch mains - 

If its not for live work - then the simple in-line switches suggested are great
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UngulateUngulate Frets: 223
    Use "hey google" & a cheap smart 4 way mains strip from, Amazon.........
    I tell google to "turn on pedals" & "turn on amp" "turn on lights" etc.

Simples
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    thermionic said:

Not with a Cioks, they use IEC C5 sockets, not kettle lead types.
    In that case you need the cheaper cut & fit one I posted. (And someone to fit it, if you're not confident with mains work, although this one is very simple.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I would recommend putting something off the board to break the supply - like an extension lead with an on-off switch. I don’t recommend that you fit any kind of “off” switch on a pedal board. It would be a total nightmare waiting to happen in a live scenario!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    I bought a switched multi socket to plug it into.