Western Jam, Firebird Studios, Bristol, 14th July 2024

What's Hot

Comments

• FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 582
    edited March 20
    Can I take the guitar for Fire, She, and Rebel Yell please.

If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3048
    edited March 20

Tricky thinking of songs to suggest when I won’t be singing and I don’t know what others are comfortable singing, but here’s some I wouldn’t mind doing. If one or two of them selected I’d like to play lead, that’s why I’ve put myself down as lead for them, though it looks a bit greedy 

The divisive Mars to Liverpool by John Squire with myself on lead. 

ZZ Top - Give me all your loving, me on lead again

AC/DC If You Want Blood… me as Angus 

(Or how about Wasted Years by Iron Maiden… with a killer solo by @Vibetronic and @roberty on bass and myself on rhythm … just a cheeky suggestion) 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037

Tricky thinking of songs to suggest when I won’t be singing and I don’t know what others are comfortable singing, but here’s some I wouldn’t mind doing. If one or two of them selected I’d like to play lead, that’s why I’ve put myself down as lead for them, though it looks a bit greedy 

The divisive Mars to Liverpool by John Squire with myself on lead. 

ZZ Top - Give me all your loving, me on lead again

(Or how about Wasted Years by Iron Maiden… with a killer solo by @Vibetronic and @roberty on bass and myself on rhythm … just a cheeky suggestion) 
    I know the Maiden one pretty well so happy to do it :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1578
    I sent @mrkb the drum notation for "Hanging Around", so hoping this could be back on the table. Would also need bass, vocals and lead guitar.

@roberty - would you be able to sing and take the lead break (of sorts ?) ?
    @RR50 - can you do a Jean-Jacques Burnel impression on bass ?
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4637
    Brocco said:
    @Jonathangus might you be able to make the next jam (provisionally 14th July)?
    I was thinking no, as it's @onlyonebradders ; birthday that week so he would probably be in Reading that weekend.  But it looks like he won't be, so I reckon I'm in!

I can be Malcolm, and possibly Bruce as well.  Not at the same time, though...

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2212

Just checking.

I assume you mean 2nd (rhythm) guitar on 'If You Want Blood' and also possibly vocals on 'Wasted Years', as you won't be doing both at the same time :)

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 91
    great to have Aussie rocker @Jonathangus back with us  :)
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4637

Just checking.

I assume you mean 2nd (rhythm) guitar on 'If You Want Blood' and also possibly vocals on 'Wasted Years', as you won't be doing both at the same time :)

Exactamundo!
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

edited March 22
    There's another update at the end of this post and the 'Google Sheets' list has also been updated in @Brocco's original post in this thread. Let me know if there are any errors or anything I've missed.

I've currently got @Bennyboy-UK and @FastEddie on 1st guitar for Rebel Yell. You can either split guitar duties. Or if you both want to play a lead solo we can do two run throughs.

We'll need to check the tuning of Jail Break, She and Talk Dirty To Me once we have vocalists for them. I believe they're all tuned to Eb standard.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list. Also, the spreadsheet has been updated at the link in the original post on this thread**

It's not a competition.
  • RR50RR50 Frets: 0
    I sent @mrkb the drum notation for "Hanging Around", so hoping this could be back on the table. Would also need bass, vocals and lead guitar.

I'll give it a try
  • RR50RR50 Frets: 0
    @stratman3142 can you put me down for bass on Hanging Around and I'd like to give Rebel Yell a shot too if that's OK
    edited March 22
    There's another update below and the 'Google Sheets' list has also been updated in @Brocco's original post in this thread. Let me know if there are any errors or anything I've missed.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list. Also, the spreadsheet has been updated at the link in the original post on this thread**

It's not a competition.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6951
    RR50 said:

I'll give it a try
    Im happy to learn drums for Hanging Around as well.

Also put me down for any Ive drummed on previously.
    Then I'll choose a few new ones to learn on drums.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1578
    Great stuff !

@stratman3142 ; - can you please place me down for first guitar on Hanging Around (which is the rhythm guitar - there is also a good solo for someone more competent than me) ?

@mrkb - didn't you do some backing vocals last month ? The chorus has a good yet simple line... 

Re Steady as She Goes - please put me in for that one ? Whilst the guitar doesn't deviate too much, would be nice to have two playing similar. Beef up the sound...
    edited March 30
    There's another update at the end of this post and the 'Google Sheets' list has also been updated in @Brocco's original post in this thread. Let me know if there are any errors or anything I've missed.

I've added @mrkb on the tracks he's drummed on before (I think).

I've put @SPECTRUM001 and me down on guitar on Hanging Around, and also on Steady As She Goes. Unless anyone else wants to join @SPECTRUM001 on guitar on those.

It's not a competition.
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1740
    Hello! 

Happy Friday everyone - please can you stick me in for Just What I Needed.

(I'm full of bravado and good intentions this far from the actual date!)

I was thinking of some other suggestions, but I'll sit on them for a bit :)

Cheers!
    Ben.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    Just had a listen to Molly's Chambers and would like to give it a try (2nd guitar) this time if possible
    edited April 12

Updates: 
    @Bennyboy-UK : 1st guitar on Just What I Needed

@Brocco : 2nd guitar on Molly's Chambers

Anyone can select a role that's already been taken, because we can do multiple run-throughs of songs with different line-ups. Also, anyone can take over from me on my bass roles if they want to.

It's not a competition.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2095
    Ill go with 2nd guitar on ZZ top, Ill have a at Stranglers if space, The Cars guitar, USSR guitar, Start guitar, Rebel Yell guitar or Bass, My Hero guitar.

Gonna throw a couple things if interested...
    Squeeze - Now is that Love
    Costello - Radio Radio
    Reef = Place your hands 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Most of the songs currently proposed are new, and all will obviously require a vocalist & drummer, but only a few currently have one of these key roles covered (none have both).