North West Guitar Show - Haydock Park Race Course - Sunday 19th May

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14366
in Guitar tFB Trader

Probably the UK’s largest guitar show of new, used, cool, vintage, odd ball, weird and wonderful – Haydock Park Race Course – Sunday 19th May – 2 mins of the M6 at junction 23  – 100’s of exhibitors – Well over a 1000 guitars on display, plus amps, pedals, accessories, spares etc etc

Click here for for show details  – Clinics and demo’s throughout the day – Free on site parking – bar/refreshments

Guitars4You will be exhibiting so come along and say hi – Not sure yet which guitars, that are currently listed on my web site, that I’ll be taking – But if you have any interest in viewing a particular guitar, then let me know a few days before hand and I can bring it along, with me to the show

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14366
    edited April 16 tFB Trader
    deleted - poor/wrong copy of flyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3672
    I'll be there Mark.

I normally go with my son, but this year he'll be away in that there London.  This means that I'll be Billy-No-Mates, however, it does mean that there'll be no one to monitor my spend and report back to Lady Wolf ;)

See you there.

Chris
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    I’ve started a Just Giving Page to see if I can crowd-fund the entry fee…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Any show organiser will tell you the same Richard - The cost of the venues is rising considerably - Our cost for renting space/tables is far more now, than than 5 years ago - At times I've looked at the financials to kind of consider is it worth it to exhibit - On a good day it is, when I've sold a few guitars, yet on a bad day you do question the whole process - Yet, as a guitar junky, I still enjoy it - I spoke to Peter, the show organiser about such fees etc and quickly it became apparent we can't return to low cost venues like Manchester University - I'm sure you'll remember the days at UMIST - The show has out grown such venues - In the main, customer attendance is still strong and in some cases, stronger than ever 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    Any show organiser will tell you the same Richard - The cost of the venues is rising considerably - Our cost for renting space/tables is far more now, than than 5 years ago - At times I've looked at the financials to kind of consider is it worth it to exhibit - On a good day it is, when I've sold a few guitars, yet on a bad day you do question the whole process - Yet, as a guitar junky, I still enjoy it - I spoke to Peter, the show organiser about such fees etc and quickly it became apparent we can't return to low cost venues like Manchester University - I'm sure you'll remember the days at UMIST - The show has out grown such venues - In the main, customer attendance is still strong and in some cases, stronger than ever 
    Completely appreciate all these things Mark - and my comment was (largely) meant in jest. Assuming Co-op Live gets its act together I’m at gig the night before, so unlikely I’ll be going this year, unfortunately.
    tFB Trader
    Completely appreciate all these things Mark - and my comment was (largely) meant in jest. Assuming Co-op Live gets its act together I’m at gig the night before, so unlikely I’ll be going this year, unfortunately.
    Knowing you I assumed that - But also a reply is like a bump as well for the show - I'm at the same Co_op venue, hopefully, a few weeks later for The Eagles - Hope all goes well for you and your show, so update me accordingly 
    tFB Trader
    Glad to see it will be a touch cooler this weekend - late teens - don't want mid 20's when working inside at a guitar show
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    Absolutely love that blue custom classic strat you have on your website!  :cold_sweat: 
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    Really looking forward to the show - always something interesting to see and usually a few deals to be found too.
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 859
    Glad to see it will be a touch cooler this weekend - late teens - don't want mid 20's when working inside at a guitar show
    I’ll bring a jumper and my big coat.  ;)
    tFB Trader
    Really looking forward to the show - always something interesting to see and usually a few deals to be found too.
    and hopefully a good coffee
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    I make this comment every year and get blasted for it on here every time. It's extortionate. There's no way they wouldn't make enough money to put the show on at a lower price. 
    How very rock and roll
    edited May 16 tFB Trader
    I make this comment every year and get blasted for it on here every time. It's extortionate. There's no way they wouldn't make enough money to put the show on at a lower price. 
    If only you'd know how much the cost of renting such venues has risen - I know of one guitar show, whereby the owners of the venue are even talking about charging to park - This is not from the show organisers it is from the venue - Of course they don't want to accept it, but such increases in venues are common now
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    Why shouldn’t they make money from doing it though? Nobody is being forced to go to it..
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 804
    This is long way from me but I'm heading north for work on Sunday so I am gonna pop in because why not! 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11970
    hmmm - sold a guitar just this week, so must have a licence to buy something........
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    hassleham said:
    Why shouldn’t they make money from doing it though? Nobody is being forced to go to it..
    You’re right. I don’t begrudge anyone making money from it. 

The comment above was that the entrance fee seems expensive, with which I wholeheartedly agree. I don’t think £10 is value for the “show” that they put on. Plus the price of food when inside is absolutely disgusting.

but again, I completely appreciate I’m wholly in the minority here. 
    How very rock and roll
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1889
    hassleham said:
    You’re right. I don’t begrudge anyone making money from it. 

The comment above was that the entrance fee seems expensive, with which I wholeheartedly agree. I don’t think £10 is value for the “show” that they put on. Plus the price of food when inside is absolutely disgusting.

but again, I completely appreciate I’m wholly in the minority here. 
    Surely your ire should be directed at the venues that stage these things rather than the show organisers then? I agree that it seems pricey but the exhibitors aren't causing that.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1959
    edited 9:03AM
    North West!? North West Midlands more like.