Surfy industries opinions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1642
    Next task will be paring with the right tremolo (yes it’s not required as the other amp is a tremlord…but it’s fun having this stuff going off all over the place).  

Current faves are the Carl Martin Surfy trem, the surfy industry trem and s/h fulltones. I’ve a clone of a swamp thang on my board which is lovely and does the perfect range of throbby speeds, gives a horrid pop when turned on though which ruins it for me as otherwise I love it.

We seem on the same path. I just bought an original Trex Tremster 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3324
    NickB said:
    Next task will be paring with the right tremolo (yes it’s not required as the other amp is a tremlord…but it’s fun having this stuff going off all over the place).  

Current faves are the Carl Martin Surfy trem, the surfy industry trem and s/h fulltones. I’ve a clone of a swamp thang on my board which is lovely and does the perfect range of throbby speeds, gives a horrid pop when turned on though which ruins it for me as otherwise I love it.

Glad you’re enjoying the compact. I have an Origin Revival Trem if it’s of interest…. 
    I’ve a few more bits that will have to sell before i get near the budget for the revival unfortunately.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1522
    if it's a Swap Thang thing you're after, the Fredric West German is very close.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    GoFish said:
    if it's a Swap Thang thing you're after, the Fredric West German is very close.
    Been tempted to try one at some point, particularly as they come up for such a good used price. 

Currently, bedding in a Dawner Prince Starla, which is working well with the rest.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1522
    ooh, interesting. Never tried one of those.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    GoFish said:
    ooh, interesting. Never tried one of those.
    It also has the benefit of being sparkly purple! :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom