Richard the 3rd Burial

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited March 2015
    Still I guess ending up naked and slung over a horse with a sword up your arse put the others off the idea a bit.
    I reckon that would appeal to Prince Edward if he ever got a go on the throne.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Still I guess ending up naked and slung over a horse with a sword up your arse put the others off the idea a bit.

Not Prince Charles though. He's suffered enough, what with being married to Camilla and having a mother who selfishly clings to life, depriving him of the throne.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Didn't a previous Edward get a red hot poker?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Didn't a previous Edward get a red hot poker?
    Edward II.  However, its more of a myth due to his (possible ) affair with Piers Gaveston.

• Still I guess ending up naked and slung over a horse with a sword up your arse put the others off the idea a bit.
    Didn't Edward previously get a red hot porker?
    No, it was Andrew who was married to Fergie.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Flush him down the Bog!! innit!!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    If any history buffs are in Manchester today there is a fucking giant Richard the Third in Aldi car park in Eccles, royal staffie variety by the looks of it.

That's a Mike variety, sorry for the confusion.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    Fair dues to the authorities for organizing this event.  I have read up 'a little' on the British Monarchy and it seems that Richard 111 was not as bad as he is portrayed by Shakespeare.  Certainly he was no worse than any of his contemporaries.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Shakespeare was probably an outspoken liberal.  Yep, I guarantee that was the way it was.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16037
    sheeeet...I missed the first two burials
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    And fast forward to 2515 and Fred West's body is found and dug up and paraded around London in front of millions and then buried at Westminster Abbey ... not much different. Richard III was a brutal dictator and a serial killer .. personally I'd have left him under the car park but I guess our national obsession with making money out of old artefacts at any cost will continue. No wonder we're the laughing stock of the world. This is just a ghoulish money grabbing panto ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    At last.  Someone I agree with.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Fretwired said:
    Richard III was a brutal dictator and a serial killer ..

Every medieval monarch was a brutal dictator and a serial killer. The worst, arguably King John, and perhaps one of the most understanding was William I - if you look behind the negative rhetoric espoused by the Saxon chronicler's, and ignore the harrying of the north.

In fact, there is little evidence outside of Thomas Moore to suggest Richard III was anything but a loyal and well respected nobleman.

All the evidence obtained from 15th c Latin manuscripts is in itself open to challenge, as its difficult to extract a definitive contemporary understanding from medieval Latin. To sit in every repository throughout Europe translating medieval documents and coming to an overall conclusion is very difficult. However, in the case of Richard there are some key events that suggest he was manipulated into usurping Edward V, and thus becoming the cad and bounder he is often portrayed.

Or as Monty Python would put it, 'he is a very naughty boy'...

• Fretwired said:
    And fast forward to 2515 and Fred West's body is found and dug up and paraded around London in front of millions and then buried at Westminster Abbey ... not much different.
    Fred West was cremated and his ashes scattered on Barry Island.  #psychokillerfacts
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Fretwired said:
    And fast forward to 2515 and Fred West's body is found and dug up and paraded around London in front of millions and then buried at Westminster Abbey ... not much different.
    Fred West was cremated and his ashes scattered on Barry Island.  #psychokillerfacts
    And Richard III was buried under a pub car park ... how convenient.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    Who was Fred West?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited March 2015
    Rocker;570901" said:
    Who was Fred West?
    He was a well known family man and doting husband up North, a passion for gardening and landscaping,
    Had some sort of "to doo" with a couple of his daughters if I recall correctly.

• Fretwired said:
    And Richard III was buried under a pub car park ... how convenient.
    was he?