Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

**UPDATE** Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster - new album available!

What's Hot

Comments

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    Not my normal cup of tea, but enjoying it so far, about half way through. 

Reminds me of a more metal "If these trees could talk" or a little bit like "Russian Circles" might sound after a good meal on a long holiday.

Really pleased to see this come to fruition, it sounds really professional, to my cloth ears at least. Good job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Sounds great - will buy it on digipack soon
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    a little bit like "Russian Circles" might sound after a good meal on a long holiday.
    What, bloated and weighty??? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    A little bit like "Russian Circles" might sound after a good meal on a long holiday.
    That's marketing sorted
    Stop crying, start buying
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Nice work DrewDog. Only halfway through Oko on my Apple device you'll be pleased to know. Sounds great to me.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7165
    One of my friends randomly posted this today on Facebook.

"As i'm totally bored of generic copycat same ol, same ol "Modern Metal" i've been looking forward to this release for a while, often compared to Tool but bloody good in their own right, I'm working my way through it but so far it does not dissapoint well done Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster !"

By the way @Drew_FX I'm loving this album. Good work!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    stonevibe said:
    One of my friends randomly posted this today on Facebook.

"As i'm totally bored of generic copycat same ol, same ol "Modern Metal" i've been looking forward to this release for a while, often compared to Tool but bloody good in their own right, I'm working my way through it but so far it does not dissapoint well done Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster !"

By the way @Drew_FX I'm loving this album. Good work!

I saw that guy! Tell him Drew said he's a legend!
  • @Drew_fx, I will buy your new release. Musically it is interesting but your attitude and foul language to me personally is the reason for my decision.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    @Drew_fx, I will buy your new release. Musically it is interesting but your attitude and foul language to me personally is the reason for my decision.

=))
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    Drew_fx said:
    a little bit like "Russian Circles" might sound after a good meal on a long holiday.
    What, bloated and weighty??? :)
    Mostly more chilled out, but that too. You could invent a new genre "Post-buffet core"
  • I'll buy a copy soon. liked the last one.
  • Bloody hell @drew_fx that is mighty! I shared this around some of my friends on Facebook and one of them had actually seen you guys at Arctangent, said you were great.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • Can appreciate the work gone into it but not my bag. Was never into tool or that sort of thing. Good luck!
    Bloody hell @drew_fx that is mighty! I shared this around some of my friends on Facebook and one of them had actually seen you guys at Arctangent, said you were great.
    cheers man :)
    Can appreciate the work gone into it but not my bag. Was never into tool or that sort of thing. Good luck!
    no problemo! :)
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    Really great stuff, all the arrangements are really well thought out (which sounds like an odd thing to say, but hope it makes sense). 

The sound production is excellent too. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Really great stuff, all the arrangements are really well thought out (which sounds like an odd thing to say, but hope it makes sense). 

I agree. I wanted it to be shit but it really isn't!  :P

Nice job Drew.

How were the drums recorded/ produced?
    Cirrus said:

How were the drums recorded/ produced?
    With a room. And microphones. And ears. ;)

Nah but seriously, my company has a private studio in our basement space. We set up in there...
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10420418_10153070415261737_3483436286386893898_n.jpg?oh=37f242f7b661b88f7cebf87588c2c67b&oe=5682FFE2

We have a bunch of microphones available to us, in particular two very nice ribbon microphones which we used as room mics. 421's on the rack toms. Oktava's for the overheads. Audix D6 and a Behringer C1 for the kick drum. SM57 and a SE 2A or 3A taped together for the snare. A Shure Beta 52 for the floor tom. Another set of SE 2A's for far room mics as well.

This is our control room. @Randomhandclaps has made it look like I love Frozen. Jokes on him, because I do!!
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10258086_10153070688091737_3296239217896508794_n.jpg?oh=ab8f38137fab204438987590353c835a&oe=56700926
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Thanks!

The songs were started in 2012. Some line up changes and general band stressery got in the way. I wanted to finish this album last year, but we didn't start recording till March or April just gone! We were on a very tight deadline because wanted CD's to be able to sell at ArcTangent.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I'm curious do you / have you tried putting vocal lines to any of the tracks ?
    darcym said:
    I'm curious do you / have you tried putting vocal lines to any of the tracks ?
    Listen to 'Passing' :)

http://bridgedisaster.co.uk/track/passing