Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ripped jeans WTF!

What's Hot
A good friend of mine, aged 52 on his birthday, has taken to wearing jeans with the knee ripped. Now, I fell this trend is bad enough on a teenager, and can sometimes see it working on some of the scrawny ones.. however he wears it with oakleys and Boss t shirts.

I have told him it looks ridiculous but he just slags off my handlebar moustache I am trying to grow...

Please tell me the ripped jeans is worse than the handlebar tache 
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Equally shite Hipster looks.

Stop it Both of you.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    edited December 2015
    He should, I'm not. I ain't no hipster dude! I've got 27 gears on my bike
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12014
    At least it's authentic and not distressed :p
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gadgie said:
    He should, I'm not. I ain't no hipster dude! I've got 27 gears on my bike

And a handlebar 'tash, so stop being a hipster.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    Look guys, would it help my case if I told you he can't play guitar and listens to Micheal Bubbly or what ever he's called. As well as several other nondescript chart type music? 
  • Nowt wrong wiv ripped jeans. After being interviewed for various jobs by suitwearers, I got interviewed by a chap who hadn't shaved for a week, was wearing a sloppy red T shirt with a hole in it, his white trainers were falling apart, and his faded blue jeans had rips in the knees. That and the fact that he made a lot of technical sense when we discussed things made me think "I wouldn't mind working for you". Natch if the tech-y stuff hadn't been up to scratch I don't think I'd have taken the job just because the chap didn't look like a wanker/bullshitter, but it did help.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Gadgie said:
    Look guys, would it help my case if I told you he can't play guitar and listens to Micheal Bubbly or what ever he's called. As well as several other nondescript chart type music? 
    No.

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    A man's midlife crisis is his own business. Just be there for him. Be there so you can witness the hilarity of him falling off motorbikes and failing to pull women half his age. Classic.
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72900
    I've owned many pairs of ripped jeans. As soon as I notice they're ripped they go in the charity shop bag so someone more trendy and with less sense can donate some money for them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Nowt wrong wiv ripped jeans. After being interviewed for various jobs by suitwearers, I got interviewed by a chap who hadn't shaved for a week, was wearing a sloppy red T shirt with a hole in it, his white trainers were falling apart, and his faded blue jeans had rips in the knees. That and the fact that he made a lot of technical sense when we discussed things made me think "I wouldn't mind working for you". Natch if the tech-y stuff hadn't been up to scratch I don't think I'd have taken the job just because the chap didn't look like a wanker/bullshitter, but it did help.
    Wow. I never pictured you trying to get a job in a Shoreditch breakfast cereal bar before. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lol @Heartfeltdawn 'twas a software engineering job in a comms company
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    As a scrawny ripped-jeans-wearing teeenager can I kindly request your pal quits embarassing himself and making me ashamed to be cool? :D
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Gadgie said:
    A good friend of mine, aged 52 on his birthday, has taken to wearing jeans with the knee ripped. Now, I fell this trend is bad enough on a teenager, and can sometimes see it working on some of the scrawny ones.. however he wears it with oakleys and Boss t shirts.

I have told him it looks ridiculous but he just slags off my handlebar moustache I am trying to grow...

Please tell me the ripped jeans is worse than the handlebar tache 

You want to be careful posting this kind of stuff. You'll have Rocker trolling you.

• Proper Grandad post, this. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28352
    I don't see the problem with ripped jeans.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Drew_fx said:
    Debbie has a pair of ripped jeans just like that and she looks just as good in hers ! Maybe better because Deb can pull it off without photoshop !
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    More of a cutoffs person myself:

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16036

tae be or not tae be
  • a bloke from my work who is 50+ was at our xmas lunch on Thursday wearing skin tight (and i mean the really skin tight, legging type) jeans, with biker boots on the outside.

i have no issue in wearing this if you're young (ish) , but on a 50 year old IT sales person, no.

what a bellend.