Inspired by an article Steve Vai has done The 10 records that changed my life .
What are the 10 records that changed you, made you want to play guitar or change/improve your playing style. They don't necessarily have to be your favorites, you may not even like them anymore!! Here's mine in no particular order
- Iron Maiden - Live after death
- Nirvana - Nevermind
- Kerbdog - On the turn Pearl Jam - Vs
- Metallica - Black album
- Guns N Roses - Appetite for destruction
- Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
- The Frames - Dance the Devil
- Nick Drake - Pink Moon
- Jackson C Frank - Blues run the game
- Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour 1974
Iron maiden was one of the first albums that made me want to play guitar. I remember my first cousin playing it to me when I was a kid and thinking how much I loved the energy of it. I guess some on the list don't need much explanation. Nirvana were a revelation to a young teenager, I learned every solo on the black album and appetite for destruction. Jackson C Frank and Nick Drake albums are hauntingly beautiful and definitely drove me to improve my fingerpicking and acoustic guitar.
What are your top 10?
edit: changed the title to make more sense