Richtone annoying the crap out of me!

What's Hot

Comments

• I understand your frustration mate... but I never buy anything with a 'story'; experience has taught me that you pay for it somewhere down the line.

The used Marshall 2525 I got has gone back today as that has two faults so maybe a lucky escape on another used amp

It's true what they say about second hand cars in that the majority of people are shifting them on for a reason. The reason being there's an issue with it so get it out the door quickly 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    ennspek said:
    When a retailer is inflexible on a second hand amp it's usually because it's a commission sale in my experience.
    As clarified earlier this is not a commission sale  
    Soz 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    I'd hate to see how things went if you *were* desperate for it.
    Red ones are better. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2380
    Not my favourite people either. About two years ago I saw a THR10c come for sale from them....used with carry case £159. A bargain yes and it had only been listed 30 mins earlier, so I hastily clicked the Buy-it-now and paid. Ten minutes later I got an message and refund that said 'Sorry, the item you purchased was sold in the shop earlier' Thanks a bunch. Its not like it had been listed a while back...30 mins ffs. Great service. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    Strat54 said:
    Not my favourite people either. About two years ago I saw a THR10c come for sale from them....used with carry case £159. A bargain yes and it had only been listed 30 mins earlier, so I hastily clicked the Buy-it-now and paid. Ten minutes later I got an message and refund that said 'Sorry, the item you purchased was sold in the shop earlier' Thanks a bunch. Its not like it had been listed a while back...30 mins ffs. Great service. 

To be fair this can happen anywhere that doesn't have live stock updates.

It happened to me with Coda a while ago, but they were very cool about it and even gave me some loyalty points in addition to my refund to say sorry.

Likewise happened with KMR when I tried to buy a B stock unit... they offered me a brand new unit at a good discount and offered some additional cabling to go with it, I ended up paying slightly more but got a better deal overall.

I think over time a lot of the bigger shops will go towards live stock systems, if they haven't already (I don't keep up to speed with this!).
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Strat54 said:
    It was probably sat in store for a day or so before it even hit the website. That's just a bit of an occupational hazard of selling the same items in a store and on a website....
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Even with the big retailers, you're unlikely to see stock refreshes more than every hour due to the challenges in keeping it in sync (and costs to support that architecture)

You can make a call to check stock when you add to the basket, but it's still usually only going off of that same data
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

This thread has just put me off ordering a pedal from them via Amazon.

I've used RT about 8 times and never had the slightest hint of an issue. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Why? They've given me great online service before (on new items never bought a second hand item from them).
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Only dealt with them once - but seemed OK to me.

It worries me that we see these angry threads pop up occasionally, and they could be giving a wrong impression. It seems if you want to stay in business you have to jump for every little problem that arises, even if it's the customer's fault, in case they whine about it and scare people off. The original post on this thread was not Richtone's fault at all, in my opinion.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Don't really know him, but Richard used to sell Tokai in the U.K.,i used to hang out on the Tokai forum a lot and we organised a UK meet up.  Rich was really supportive, brought along loads of new Tokais and let us all thrash them, seemed like an all round top bloke who loved his guitars.  The fact they won't post an amp for whatever reason, or that they once sold somthing in the shop and didn't immediately update their website hardly makes them a candidate to appear on 'Rogue Traders'. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Once?  =)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

BRISTOL86 said:

Ravenous said:

It worries me that we see these angry threads pop up occasionally, and they could be giving a wrong impression. It seems if you want to stay in business you have to jump for every little problem that arises, even if it's the customer's fault, in case they whine about it and scare people off. The original post on this thread was not Richtone's fault at all, in my opinion.

BRISTOL86 said:

I dunno, just reading the negative report clicked something off in my brain whilst browsing for a pedal I wanted and they happened to be selling on amazon.  Made me think twice. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    BRISTOL86 said:

Ravenous said:

BRISTOL86 said:

I dunno, just reading the negative report clicked something off in my brain whilst browsing for a pedal I wanted and they happened to be selling on amazon.  Made me think twice. 
    I can only go off of experience and I've never had anything but excellent service from them. They're probably the first place I'd call if I wanted something I couldn't get locally 
    BRISTOL86 said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Ravenous said:

BRISTOL86 said:

I can only go off of experience and I've never had anything but excellent service from them. They're probably the first place I'd call if I wanted something I couldn't get locally 

You know what, they most likely are OK.  I've never used Richtone so can only go from what I've read on here.  I mainly use Strings Direct, Amazon and Sounds Great.  I think that @richardhomer despises Sounds Great - I could be wrong though.  In my case, I've only had good experiences so just goes to show that what goes for one person doesn't go for everyone. 

I'm a creature of habit and like to stick to places that I have ordered from in the past though.

• NerineNerine Frets: 2143
    Sounds like a lot of noise to me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    I was looking for a WEM Copicat a while ago. They had two listed on their website. One was collection only, the other wasn't. When I emailed them to ask the reason for this as the one I wanted was collection only they wouldn't give me a straight answer. Seems a bit odd but there must be a reason for it and suspect it's to do with their margins on the item as has already been said. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    I've had two experiences with Richtone - both negative. About ten years ago I bought a guitar with a flame-maple top from them. When it arrived it was completely different to the guitar in the picture. They were honest enough to say that they didn't bother to photograph each individual guitar, but couldn't see why this might be an issue with a guitar with a figured top.

Recently I was looking at a guitar on their website and I phoned them to discuss it. Remembering my earlier experience I asked them to send a photo of the actual guitar they had in stock and, sure enough, it was different from the one pictured on the website.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    For what it's worth, I've used Richtone three or four times, and every time they've delivered exactly what I wanted, within a couple of days as promised, and at a very good price. 

I have them down as one as one of the good guys online, but I guess everyone has their off days and their quirks.