teamJooky & the Alnico tour

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Think it is worth mentioning, that we aren't limiting the tour to people who are in bands/will play it live/do some PR. 

The most important thing is getting it out and about, with the story of it's travels being something we/hopefully Shelter will be using for PR as a whole.

I don't play in a band these days, but we'll get it in the local paper if nothing else. My 9yo daughter will probably have her foto taken with it and her school friends at her school, and a collection for Shelter will maybe raise a few Haribo and a conker.

The 'Tour' is also going to have a web site - should be loaded this weekend - so fotos as we go are great, and I've got press releases that anybody can use - just email to your local TV or Newspaper with your details added.

Whatever you can or can't do though, the more of us that join in the bigger the story. If the £20 is a problem, it is not a deal breaker, if you are worried about having the time we can work it around you. Three strums and a foto is a story in itself.

Oh, looks like we'll have a freebie tour t shirt too for all involved...more on that next week.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    TTony said:
    Lewligan said:
    I originally paid £10 for the draw but I'd love to be involved with the tour too.
    Presume I just send the extra tenner over to you, and the job's a good 'un?

That's right ...

Lewligan said:
    Will make sure it is my number 1 gigging guitar for as long as I have it, and I'll do all in my power to raise awareness across all of my band's social media platforms and at gigs too.

I'll think up some ideas where we can hopefully raise some money as a band too and donate that to Shelter.
    ... and that'd be great!
    @TTony

Bloody hell, forgot all about this - sorry!

I've just sent the extra tenner over, so that should hopefully be me sorted for the tour & raffle :)
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • Sadly I m not playing any gigs soon. If you want me to record a track, I ll happily join if there are spaces. If not, good luck with the venture. It s good to see jooky back and making his masterpieces
    Heh @fatoldman great to see you on here, and yes - definitely need a track if you can the Tickled Pink One was seminal. :) I still think 'I'm Tickled Blue/What would You Do?' one of the finest couplets I've ever heard. Genius.

How's the harem doing?

• The harem has got to 50 and I ve promised my wife that there will be no more, but you never know
  • Where do I need to go to sign up and donate? It s great that your blog is going again. (Putting temptation in my path)
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    @fatoldman You just need to send a PayPal gift to the fretboard and @ttony will add you to the list at the top of this thread :)

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24385
    @Jookyjr I've just had a thought. (yeah, I know they're few and far between!), but if this guitar is going on tour, and will certainly be gigged by many, couldn't that be publicised so as to generate interest in the gigs themselves, which could also be used to collect donations for Shelter at each gig (bands willing of course - even if it's just a bucket on stage).  The novelty is that it's usually a band that goes on tour - not the instruments.  That alone is quirky enough to get a mention somewhere, plus the feelgood factor and the associated backstory.  "The Gimme Shelter Tour" could, with not much extra work, be something newsworthy beyond our small gang here.

Has anyone got Harvey Goldsmith's number ? 

;))
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    That's a great idea :)

• How the hell have I missed this...

As custodian of the tickled pink one for a couple of shows, I naturally wish to be involved !!!!

Count me in please
  • This is a really cool idea and I'll be in for the draw! I'll sort PayPal later tonight if I get a chance.

Will this be making an appearance at the guitar show in Birmingham?
    @geetarguy85 I'm aiming for it to start (at least officially) it's journey at the show, so fingers crossed :)

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Loving those knobs

(hehe)
    Stop crying, start buying
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    WOW !!!

Just 

WOW !!!