teamJooky & the Alnico tour

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @abo

wherever you are we can work it out man.
    If you want to do it, do it and i will make sure it happens for you.

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is the guitar gonna sometimes be posted, or always meet up ?
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @Wazmeister said:
    Is the guitar gonna sometimes be posted, or always meet up ?
    The idea is to be meet ups if at all possible, but whatever is needed to make it work will happen

I will try everything to avoid shipping but if i have to, i will take every known precaution. 
    I think there are enough of us who care about guitars to make sure it arrives safely, even if the members helping out with handovers aren't in the tour, it's a cup of coffee and a chat if nothing else.
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    It might be an idea, once the tour schedule and itinerary is finalised, to look at any obvious geographical gaps then seek members to take part in the handover process where they exist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I won't be able to be involved in the tour (not gigging atm) but I wonder if we can get publicity from the guitar press? @chrisv from G&B is a member of the forum - it would be really cool if the guitar could be featured on the G&B website perhaps, a vid of Chris taking it for a spin or something.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited January 2016
    Another amazing FBM (FretBoard Moment)

Are Shelter onboard? Great PR opportunities for them. Local TV and radio too. Maybe even some national coverage?
    Let me know if I can help out with that.

Meanwhile, count me in for a tour slot (Bristol area so could tie in with Famille Jooky!).

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Once we have the dates of our 'custodianship', we could see if there are any local gigs with big name players who might want to play the guitar during their show and join in the Shelter PR?

• AboAbo Frets: 15
    I have maybe missed this but is there an approximate date of start to finish ie what months are we talking.

A spin off six piece band I'm in is doing a charity gig (still to be organised ) we all play in other bands . If the timing is right I would put myself forward for using it then.

Could it be narrowed down to the months involved be it 2 3 or 4 whatever.

I know you have to start somewhere to organise something of this scale hats off to y'all for doing/organising this.
    Abo said:
    I have maybe missed this but is there an approximate date of start to finish ie what months are we talking.

A spin off six piece band I'm in is doing a charity gig (still to be organised ) we all play in other bands . If the timing is right I would put myself forward for using it then.

Could it be narrowed down to the months involved be it 2 3 or 4 whatever.

I know you have to start somewhere to organise something of this scale hats off to y'all for doing/organising this.
    I think the start date is mostly dependent on when @Jookychap and @Jookyjr think the guitar will be ready.
    I am going to organise some very special case candy for the actual raffle later in the year but we will be including a notebook / guestbook with the guitar on tour so that people can sign it as it travels and maybe even get some famous autographs in there too.
    The book will be recovered with a digital scan / print of my old original UB40 which i have kept since 1993 (That's the one and only time i've ever signed on before recently).

I am ready to plan the tour as soon as the Jooky's let me know when they think the guitar will be ready.
    Ok I see . Thanks. I take it someone on board has a degree in logistics lol
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    @mellowsun I've only just seen this as I've not been on here much over Christmas. Back in the office on Monday - if someone can PM me some info I'll see if there's anything G&B can do to help.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27631
    @JookyChap - can you pick this up with @chrisv, rather than everyone PM'ing him with different parts of the background?

I'm happy to add-in whatever content/detail is appropriate if you need it.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @TTony Will do..

@chrisv - I'll get some info together for you and send it across :)

• xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    Thanks gents :-)
    Abo said:
    Ok I see . Thanks. I take it someone on board has a degree in logistics lol
    You could say that, in a sort of *roundabout* way. (See what i did there !! NOW We've started !).

As long as everyone involved can be flexible, it's not too difficult. Communication is the key.
    Alnico;918870" said:
    Communication is the key.
    That's it .
    Cheers

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    Guys, looking at my work load, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out sadly.

Apologies all round :)
  • TroyTroy Frets: 224
    Alnico said:
    I will try everything to avoid shipping but if i have to, i will take every known precaution. 
    I think there are enough of us who care about guitars to make sure it arrives safely, even if the members helping out with handovers aren't in the tour, it's a cup of coffee and a chat if nothing else.
    If it comes my way I could help with the handover. I won't enter the raffle as wont do it justice plus I only play with just an audience of myself nowadays.