teamJooky & the Alnico tour

What's Hot

Comments

• GruGru Frets: 339
    TTony;913891" said:
    Gru said:

Good luck to everyone that plays on the tour.

I could buy a load of full size cardboard celebs to watch me play in my lounge and take photos, but i wouldn't do it justice (and would be a waste of money)

Or, you could invite a load of theFB peeps over and tell them to stand very still in a cardboard-cutout sort of way.  

Much cheaper.

:D
    True, but one guitarist (if I can call myself that) in the house is enough for my wife.

If there are any local venues to be played, i would certainly attempt go to one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31631
    @TTony just the draw please, won't have time to do the tour I'm afraid.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I'll not have time for the tour either but don't worry about a refund, just keep me in the raffle draw.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    If it has to pass through my neck of the woods I'll help out moving it.
  • Count me in for the tour!
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    speshul91 said:
    If it has to pass through my neck of the woods I'll help out moving it.
    Thanks man.
  • Jookyjr;64372" said:
    Well, to start with - quick apology for the disappearing raffle thread, and to the six chaps* who were quick off the mark with their donations.  We jumped (or, more accurately, hopped) the gun a bit and needed to get a bit more of our thoughts thunk and organising organised before kicking it all off.

So, here it is, thunk, organised and rebooted, a newer, shinier thing that will hopefully make everybody smile and raise a few bob for Alnico and others beyond. We’re calling it ‘Gimme Shelter’, or possibly ‘Gordon’ for short.

But what is it I am waffling about? I’m glad you asked:

As previously mentioned, there will be a rather cute Jooky Guitar being made over the next few weeks. A build thread will show the progress HERE. This will have a quite stunning and unique top, gloriously cool Mojo Mojotron pickup and lots of other bits too. It will be a La Cabronita like no other.

We’re aiming to get it all done and done before the end of Jan, but our aim does wander a bit at times, so follow the progress on the thread.

The guitar will be raffled, with the winner getting to keep it forever after happy.

But before the raffle happens (which is basically just a dog picking a ball out of a box as far as I can see) - and this is where it gets sneaky cool - the guitar will take a little road  trip of it’s own, a tour if you like.  We may even have tour T-Shirts (I can hear TTony sighing at that one already) and a tour bus and maybe even a tour (oops, no, getting carried away with myself there) which will see it passed from hand to hand around the country and played a little bit along the way. 

For those of you old enough to remember Music Radar and the saga of the Tickled Pink One, this will be quite familiar. It was a lot of fun and there is a whole blog about it HERE. Jules @McToot still wakens in a puddle of sweat, possibly, at the thought of the organisational machinations and general herding of guitarists into a straight and orderly, well, anything. TPOne was all about raising awareness and a little cash for Breast Cancer, and we’d like to use TPTwo to do the same for Shelter and all the work that they do for people like Andy.  So, we’ll need some PR support to max that and maybe we’ll talk to Shelter about what input they’d like to have too.

To mitigate the chaos that was TPOne, TPTwo will be strictly limited to 25 lucky people though, and it will definitely be on a first come first served basis*.  There is one small caveat - if you’d like to be one of the 25, please think about what you could do to help with the PR aspect, local events, gigs, publicity, whatever.

To be one of the magical 25 will cost £20 a head.  You get to keep the guitar for a couple of weeks  and will be entered in the raffle to possibly win the guitar. We’d also like fotos of you playing it somewhere cool if at all possible, plenty of twittering and facebookery, bonus points for gigs and festies.

Those 25 x £20s will go half to Andy’s fund and half to a donation to Shelter to help others in Andy’s situation.

And speaking of the raffle, to make it fair (and keep it as simple as possible), everybody who has made a donation to the cause so far will gain one entry to the raffle. It doesn’t matter how much or how many donations you make/have made, one entry is maximum per person. 

Of course you can still make a donation to be eligible for the raffle, even if you miss out on the tour, the more the merrier.

And that is that. Full details of the “Gimme Shelter Tour” will follow shortly where you will be able to sign-up…

* Those first 6 who jumped into the raffle as soon as we’d not thought it through properly will be refunded by our resident fat cash controller (calling @TTony), although they also get first call on one of the 25 tour slots if they’d still like to play
    How much is the donation for the raffle only?
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    @olafgarten - For the raffle we were suggesting £10 ppg to admin@thefretboard.co.uk just make sure you include your username and say raffle or something similar too :)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27633
    Updated the tour list.

If you're showing as being in for the tour but not paid yet - please check that you sent the £20 tour fee to the right address and then let me know when it was sent and from which PP name.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    @TTony

I originally paid £10 for the draw but I'd love to be involved with the tour too.
    Presume I just send the extra tenner over to you, and the job's a good 'un?

Will make sure it is my number 1 gigging guitar for as long as I have it, and I'll do all in my power to raise awareness across all of my band's social media platforms and at gigs too.

I'll think up some ideas where we can hopefully raise some money as a band too and donate that to Shelter.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27633
    Lewligan said:
    I originally paid £10 for the draw but I'd love to be involved with the tour too.
    Presume I just send the extra tenner over to you, and the job's a good 'un?

That's right ...

Lewligan said:
    Will make sure it is my number 1 gigging guitar for as long as I have it, and I'll do all in my power to raise awareness across all of my band's social media platforms and at gigs too.

I'll think up some ideas where we can hopefully raise some money as a band too and donate that to Shelter.
    ... and that'd be great!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    Updated the tour list.

If you're showing as being in for the tour but not paid yet - please check that you sent the £20 tour fee to the right address and then let me know when it was sent and from which PP name.
    Paypal hiccup - should be sorted now.
  • I'll think up some ideas where we can hopefully raise some money as a band too and donate that to Shelter.
    Thinking along similar lines - they love a charitable cause round these parts.
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    Have to say that from a standing start this is all looking cool :)

I was just sitting here admiring it all and what is to come, when it suddenly struck me that what we're missing is an, err, guitar

Better get on with it then (ahem)

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    I'm already in for the draw, but will keep out of the tour (as I don't have any means of publicising, and lots of you people are in gigging bands etc).

However, should anyone need assistance with transporting the guitar (Gordon?) I'll happily drive anywhere in the north-west of England, say a 50 mile radius of Manchester - that should cover all of Lancashire, Cheshire, Merseyside, West Yorkshire, and a bit of Derbyshire and Staffordshire.  

Assuming, of course, that anyone around these parts is in for the tour 
    ;)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    I'll pay £10 to a good cause. £10 PayPal gift to: admin@thefretboard.co.uk With the words 'raffle' and personal details etc right?
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    @ttony
    2nd thoughts, take me off the tour, there's no way I could do it justice and really won't have a great deal of spare time in the early part of next year - someone else could make far better use of my space
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    £10 just sent :)
  • AboAbo Frets: 15
    How far north does the tour go ? Just a thought , I know this could be a logistical nightmare but could there be approximate dates of when the guitar could be in certain areas to allow people to checkout what type or where they could be gigging? It's all about raising awareness and funds I guess . I wouldn't like to put myself up for a slot for example and have no gig in my two week period to promote the cause if this makes sense. I've never heard of such a thing before but you guys have obviously done this before, creditt o you all for doing so. If none of this makes sense or its a stupid point it's because I've not quite fully woke up yet :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Abo said:
    How far north does the tour go ? Just a thought , I know this could be a logistical nightmare but could there be approximate dates of when the guitar could be in certain areas to allow people to checkout what type or where they could be gigging? It's all about raising awareness and funds I guess . I wouldn't like to put myself up for a slot for example and have no gig in my two week period to promote the cause if this makes sense. I've never heard of such a thing before but you guys have obviously done this before, creditt o you all for doing so. If none of this makes sense or its a stupid point it's because I've not quite fully woke up yet :)
    It's a great point and after 25 years in transport, i reckon i can handle one 'Dynamic' load.

If everyone involved could keep me updated with their planned gigs and or PR opportunities, i will try to work out a schedule for it to attempt to run to.
    One thing i would ask for is a little flexibility if needed. For example if you had already had the guitar for a week but the next guy on the list has a surprise gig and it could really do well there, maybe send it to him or meet up a week early with a view to then getting it back again for another week to finish off your 2 weeks. That's just an off the top of my head example but the logistics of this could be easy and hassle free if the communication is up to scratch.

At this moment in time my PM inbox is rammed but give me a few days to sort that out and maybe work a decent online calendar in Google Docs that i could then share so that everyone can see when everyone is gigging.................
    Let me think about it for a day or two and any techy-geeks who know a decent way of doing that calendar thing could help me get to that stage, that would be brilliant.

Wherever possible we are going to try to arrange handovers between forum members, even if those members are not involved in the tour but now and then a courier may have to get used. In that instance i will speak to couriers directly. Often a call to the right small haulage firm can work wonders and could be loads safer than in through the front door of a massive operation such as the big few we all use. I will look into that when the New Year gets going.