Well that United Airlines thing has pissed me off...

What's Hot

Comments

• Garthy said:
    Is there some reason why this doesn't appear to have been trending on FarceBook today? Seems odd if nobody's talking about it on there. Is there any reason why it wouldn't appear on FB?
    Your Facebook feed isn't full of wasters replying "u ok hun?" to every story?

Errrr.... that's why I don't have a FB account.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1595
    edited April 2017
    Shocking event.

It just demonstrates that underlying aggressiveness Americans have. Mix in the latest school shooting too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dano said:
    Shocking event.

It just demonstrates that underlying aggressiveness Americans have. Mix in the latest school shooting too.

Sadly, I don't think that sort of aggressive (I was only following orders) type of behaviour is the exclusive preserve of the Americans.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28654
    Nor is it fair to suggest that this is typical of a nation of over 300 million.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22236
    What happened to that guy on the plane is what happens to people when they take off the seal on the bottom of Cornish pedals. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9733
    edited April 2017
    Lodious said:
    To be fair to United, Rayanair would have charged an extra 15quid for dragging you off.
    Shocking footage has just emerged of a passenger being forcibly dragged on to a Ryanair flight.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Wow.

Just wow  :p

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    So you're saying you don't like rules?  WTF is wrong with you obliging them?

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    Zimbardo experiment - most people become dangerous when you put them in charge and give them orders. IMO uniforms can make it even worse.

I've seen first hand awful behaviour and I've heard of far worse.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27178
    What happened to that guy on the plane is what happens to people when they take off the seal on the bottom of Cornish pedals. 
    I always assumed that'd be more of an Ark of the Covenant thing..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    It's unlikely that even a large payout will touch the $200 million that has been wiped off their stock value as a result
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4651
    Last time I was in the States I got offered $500 to take a flight the next morning plus I was put up in a nice hotel.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1850

Even Hitler didn't drag people off planes.

Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4227
    In the wake of this, AA's reaction does seem to be pointing towards the "if he'd have shut his face, not complained, and gone all placid we wouldn't have dragged him, bleeding, off the plane" school of thought that does seem to be turning into a thing in the US.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72558
    randella said:
    In the wake of this, AA's reaction does seem to be pointing towards the "if he'd have shut his face, not complained, and gone all placid we wouldn't have dragged him, bleeding, off the plane" school of thought that does seem to be turning into a thing in the US.
    It's all over Airliners.net as well. For such an apparently 'freedom-loving' country obsessed with how bad 'the government' is, many of them seem remarkably keen to justify the sort of authoritarian behaviour typical of a police state.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13957
    According to Sean Spicer even Hitler never threw anyone off a plane so UA are really bad....

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12411
    I understand overselling the plane is common practice out there. I guess it must make financial sense, somehow, to pay a few volunteers to take a later flight. What I don't get is why they let all the passengers get on the plane first, THEN decide they needed the seats for off duty crew. If they'd bribed and bumped a few passengers before boarding there wouldn't have been this problem in the first place. The ground staff must be morons. Obviously not as big a moron as their CEO though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    edited April 2017
    Maybe I'm being dense, but if the plane *hadn't* been overbooked in the first place this incident wouldn't have happened at all.....

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Overselling is common practice everywhere. Listening to the radio last night, it seems that the Airline are well within their rights to bump people off planes as and when they see fit. The difference being, it is much easier to stop people getting on a plane that getting them off again. The usual practice is to offer increasing sums of money until they get people to volunteer. If it is all done off the plane then this does not have to happen. This was an appallingly bad mistake by the airline!