The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Target: 76kg

Start week:  91kg
    Week 1:       90.8kg 

Week 2:       89.7kg
    Week 3:       89.1kg

Things are going ok, snacking is still an issue but have started cycling 10 miles to work every other day with an aim to cycle every day, currently taking 70 mins but it will come down, nice ride, pretty much all along the tow path.

Worst thing is the bloody saddle I`m not convinced i`ll ever get used to it, my arse aches thinking about it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited May 2017
    Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    First week : 16st 1.4lbs
    Last week: 15st 12.2lbs
    This week: 15st 11.0lbs

Target.  I shall be 15 st 6 lb by Saturday 3rd June 2017
    Gain towards target: 5.8lbs
    Distance to target: 5lbs
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24350
    I've found scales to be notoriously unreliable and inconsistent, so when I last embarked on a diet a couple of years ago, I did some research and found these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IVPHAJA/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1_w

They are spot-on and always give repeatable readings, unlike every other digital scale I've owned. (i.e. weigh again a few moments later).

The key with all of these digital scales is to weigh on a hard, consistent surface - i.e. tiles, wood or concrete.  Anything with any give in it; lino, carpet etc is going to give you unreliable results.  My bathroom floor has lino, so I keep the scales on a big ceramic floor tile I found in the garage.

I've just used them, and discovered that I'm now heavier than at any time in my life - 216.0 lbs / 15st6lbs.  I need to act now.

I have the scale on lbs as it looks better when you lose '2 lbs' it looks better than '0.9Kg' :-)

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Stayed the same. 
    I'm trying to curb excesses rather than actively diet, just being less sedentary would be the big win, so same is okay for this week really. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    Well, my scales said I'd gone from 14 stone 7lb to 13 stone 1lb. The 14 stone 9lb. Then 12 stone 6lb.

This is nonsense - I've eaten lots of good food, but not been very strict and don't have any routine at all... So I think the scales are borked! I *feel* better, for sure, but I doubt I've lost any real amount of weight. However, I don't really know my start weight as I don't trust the scales from the other week... 

So, I've ordered a new set and they arrive tomorrow. 

Had biscuits today :( however, I've got a lot of walking as I'm walking into the city (2.3 miles) then handing out cv and looking for a portrait for my photography project (probably another couple of miles) then walking back. So probably got a good amount of calories burn to help with that. 

Lunch - chicken salad, lemon juice dressing with no oil. 

Dinner is to be a vegetable pasta sauce, home made, with no oil, and a serving of pasta (50g dry). 

Ordinarily I'd have slightly bigger meals but I need to make up for the naughty biscuits this morning... 

They were, however, the last biscuits in the tin - if they're not there, I tend not to miss them. I'll update my weight tomorrow with the new scales :) 

Yeah same, I don't feel like I've lost anything really. But I know my 3kg loss isn't down to muscle loss because I've been doing pull ups most mornings now, and I've done a few 7k runs the past couple of weeks.

Honestly, the bulk of it is probably water loss! But it's a nice cosy feeling!

So, checked my weight on new scales this morning and 14 stone 10 is where they've settled. 

I'm taking that as my new start weight - I don't think I've gained (too much salad and exercise compared to before!) but I don't trust anything the last set said... 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Still 89kg this morning, and I can bust out 20 chin ups now.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Back up to 98........ :'(

New harsher/stricter regime starts tomorrow. 

Mainly involves not taking any money with me to work, only my packed lunch.  
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    I've lost a stone in a month - pleased with that.

I can tell that some of it is muscle - I feel a bit weedy. I should probably start doing some form of exercise :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3080
    edited May 2017
    Mudslide73 - 6ft 1in

Start weight :15st 8lbs
    Week One :15st 4lbs
    Week Two:15st 1lbs
    Week Three: 15st 0lbs
    This Week:14st 10lbs

I've hit it really hard again this week, thinking about every crumb. Gobsmacked at the weigh in this morning.

Good: I've stayed off crisps and sweets. I've resisted the temptation to snack on cheese. 1 pint. Wraps for lunch with no extras.

Bad: 2 chippy teas. Some Ben & Jerry's. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• vaticancameosvaticancameos Frets: 186
    edited May 2017
    Utterly brand new to this thread. I was getting a bit fed up of being tubby and funnily enough, not being able to find myself a nice leather jacket that fits my belly but also fits anywhere else, spurred me to finally get off my fat ass and do something about it.

Started 5 weeks ago so here goes - 

Start weight - 21st 4lbs
    4 weeks ago - 21st on the dot
    3 weeks ago - 20st 7lbs
    2 weeks ago - 20st 2lbs
    1 week ago - 19st 11lbs
    Today - still 19st 11 but 1% less body fat

Goal weight - 
    16st this time next year, but gain lean muscle and mainly focus on losing Body fat %

Diet -
    Started hardcore Keto/calorie, with macros of -

1500 Calories total
    Based on my BMR of 2890 calories, meaning almost a 50% deficit

25g Carbs (7%)
    125g Protein (33%)
    100g Fat (60%)

Worked out using https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ and my actual measurements taken by a personal trainer, and my BMR was worked out by a nutritionist.

As close to 8 litres of water a day as I can get
    NO sugar
    NO processed foods of any kind
    I treat greens such as Kale/Spinach/Celery as a 'zero' food and eat as much of it as I want

I track every single thing I eat and drink in 'MyFitnessPal' on my iPhone, which helps me get as close as I possibly can to my macros for every day, and it also turns food logging into a sort of fun 'meet the targets' game for me.

I am taking CLA's twice a day, alongside Omega 3.

I am NOT using any form of protein shake or gym supplement at all.

Basically lost a stone and a bit in 5 weeks, I'd like to think mainly because of the Keto but in all honesty its mostly down to - 

Exercise
    Gym - 4 days a week -
    30 mins intense Cardio (usually jogging/running/walking, in sets on a treadmill)
    Alternating (legs, arms, chest, back) weight/strength training (4 sets of 15 reps on challenging but not hard weights)
    10 minutes of whole body stretches

Boxing - 2 days a week - 
    25 minutes (with a 20 second break every 2 minutes) of hard, fast, intense punching on a heavy bag in the garage

HIIT (High intensity interval training) - 
    Any day I feel like skipping the gym, I do 'The Body Coach' 20 minute intense fat burner HIIT -

Which fucking sucks, but it works.

ONE DAY OFF A WEEK (fuck my life)

All in all -

I hurt, I ache, I burn. But fuck do I feel good, I no longer suffer from restless sleep, my skin is clear as hell, I am so perky and chipper (my colleagues at work actually notice and comment on how happy I seem all the time now).

I've started to notice little changes, such as -

Actual biceps appearing when I tense
    My work shirts feel looser
    I'm a notch smaller on my belt and I have to pull my jeans up all the time when I dont wear a belt
    I can get up the 3 flights of stairs to my break-room at work without getting out of breath.

I've dieted on and off before and ALWAYS given up. I researched the absolute shit out of everything this time. The fact I FEEL different and can SEE a change (as well as having people say im looking a bit slimmer) really fucking pushes me this time.

Jesus, sorry for the long post!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Wow @Drew_TNBD ;, you must look like a bald Henry Rollins!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Wow @Drew_TNBD ;, you must look like a bald Henry Rollins!
    LOL. No, still a chub-n-tuck muthafrakker!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24369
    S: 17st 0.5lb
    1: 16st 7.5lb
    2: 16st 4 lb.
    3: 16st 2.5lb
    4: 16st 2.4lb

No real loss this week alas.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    In addition to not doing well I've got a wedding anniversary meal out this weekend, doesn't help. This is to , apparently, Bernie Marsden's favourite pub and his figure isn't a good omen.

Anyway, I was looking at some stuff about diet windows (aka the Oprah Winfrey diet). Wether I'll act on it I don't know but it seemed to reflect back on the earlier conversation with @monquixote  and others about skipping breakfast - if you only eat within a restricted window in each 24 hour period then the body may be tricked into starvation mode, you start using reserves of fat rather than wanting to eat. Needs supplementing with some exercise in that period to stop losing muscle. Even just 3 or 4 days per week apparently can make a difference. 
    So, you eat normally ( don't over eat ) but have everything you are going to have within an 8 hour period. Outside of that you can drink but only calorie free drinks.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    edited May 2017
    Been eating 1500 calories daily for 6 days yet not lost anything. I'm a strange organism.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Still hovering on 12 stone here.

I'm going to stop stressing about my weight and just crack on with the healthy lifestyle. I'm overweight for my size but I haven't felt this healthy in several years.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    In addition to not doing well I've got a wedding anniversary meal out this weekend, doesn't help. This is to , apparently, Bernie Marsden's favourite pub and his figure isn't a good omen.

Anyway, I was looking at some stuff about diet windows (aka the Oprah Winfrey diet). Wether I'll act on it I don't know but it seemed to reflect back on the earlier conversation with @monquixote  and others about skipping breakfast - if you only eat within a restricted window in each 24 hour period then the body may be tricked into starvation mode, you start using reserves of fat rather than wanting to eat. Needs supplementing with some exercise in that period to stop losing muscle. Even just 3 or 4 days per week apparently can make a difference. 
    So, you eat normally ( don't over eat ) but have everything you are going to have within an 8 hour period. Outside of that you can drink but only calorie free drinks.

As with all these diets I think it's better not to get wrapped up in dubiously scientific claims about how they work. I think skipping breakfast works for me chiefly because I don't consume the calories from that meal.

If it's had any other effect I think it might be on my ability to handle blood sugar as I used to get shaky and faint and I don't anymore and that is one of the claims made for the diet.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    I've gone down to 16 2 now which is another couple of pounds off.

Great considering I haven't made any attempt to diet and have just upped my running.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Target: 76kg

Start week:  91kg
    Week 1:       90.8kg 

Week 2:       89.7kg
    Week 3:       89.1kg
    Week 4 :      89.6kg

Bad: Weight has increased but have a feeling that cycling 20 miles a day is increasing leg muscle which is heavier than fat. 

Good: Body shape is changing little by little, also thanks to 
    vaticancameos  I have discovered the Body Coach HIIT vids which are short but effective.

Next week will be no snacking week!
    Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    First week : 16st 1.4lbs
    Second week: 15st 12.2lbs
    Last week: 15st 11.0lbs
    This week: 15st 9.0lbs

Target.  I shall be 15 st 6 lb by Saturday 3rd June 2017
    Gain towards target: 7.8lbs
    Distance to target: 3lbs

I am so happy with how this is going.  It is really not as hard as I thought it would be.  I'm making major gains towards my first target.

Things that have worked for me have been dodging the cakes at work and employing self discipline: my willpower has had plenty of exercise this week.  Also watching the gain on target figure ramp up each week makes me realise that I'm gaining something (health wise) as opposed to experiencing loss.

A big thanks to @Clarky for putting me onto this. 

TL:DR

Doing the right thing produces more positive results than excuses.  

Good luck guys 'n' gals