The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Stayed at 14st 7lbs. I think I'd call it a mixed week in terms of my efforts so staying the same is okay. Need to get off my arse more, commuting by car and desk job does not help but doesn't excuse it either. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    edited April 2017
    Ok.  I'll play. 

I'm 43 and 5'10"

last sunday I was 235lbs

started slimming world on Monday and am 228lbs today. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3080
    edited May 2017
    Mudslide73 - 6ft 1in

Start weight :15st 8lbs
    Week One :15st 4lbs
    Week Two:15st 1lbs
    This Week: 15st 0lbs

I had a crap week at work and had a few crap meals.

Good: I've stayed off crisps and sweets. I've resisted the temptation to snack on cheese.

Bad: I had KFC and a chippy tea. I've had to make do with the canteen food at work (more bread and cheese). I had a couple of beers on Saturday night.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Start Weight - 12 stone 

Current Weight - 11 stone 9lbs

I'm doing well :) I'd already dropped 3 stone before starting this challenge, so I expected a slow down in my overall weight loss.

Regarding exercise I've ditched the strength training in favour of Yoga as I seem to be more prone to picking up aches and pains. That's not because of lack of warming up, it seems to be arthritis related. I'm still walking 10k steps a day.

Food wise, I'm eating better most of the time. I'm treating junk food as more of a reward for having eaten healthily the majority of the time.

:)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Start: 16 stone 2
    Wk 1: 16 stone
    Wk 2: 15 stone 12

• cj73 said:
    Ok.  I'll play. 

I'm 43 and 5'10"

last sunday I was 235lbs

started slimming world on Monday and am 228lbs today. 

That's an amazing week one! 
  • I'll weigh in the morning, not expecting much as until a couple of days ago it's been a very difficult time here and meals have been somewhat random. However, I would be disappointed if I've gained weight for sure. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    For most of last week I weighed the same ( 187.2lbs), I ate right ( bang on with my calories and macro's) and continued the insanity workouts plus strength training, weekend came along I ate a KFC and missed a days workout due to bad stomach (probably from all the fat in the kfc) and this morning im 0.4lbs lighter?  
    Still im feeling better about myself and my clothes are fitting better so its still win win really.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • saint_iveysaint_ivey Frets: 17
    Just seen this thread. I started on 6th Jan 2017 at 243.2 lbs (17 stone 5.2 lbs)

Current weight: 197.6 lbs (14 stone 1.6 lbs) - I've lost 45.6 lbs (3 stone 3.6 lbs) in the past 4 months.
    Target weight: 168 lbs  (12 stone)

Planned diet:
    I use the free 'MyFitnessPal' app on my phone and updated the profile with my height, age, weight, target, etc. I then log any food and drink each day. It gets quicker over time as it remembers what you've previously put in. I realised my biggest problem was just eating too much so I reduced my intake and am losing about 1 - 2 lbs a week. I can eat what I like but more fat = less quantity. 

Tips:
    The Quaker Oats 'Oat so Simple' packets are ideal for breakfast. They take 2 minutes, are tasty, only about 225 calories and many supermarkets are selling them at reduced prices at the moment.

Remember, you can eat one cream cake and then be hungry shortly after OR eat lower fat food in bigger quantities. I like more so go for something lower in calories.

It's about lifestyle change, not diet. A crash diet or unrealistic meal plan will not be sustainable. I gradually reduced the amount of milk I have in hot drinks, cut out sugar, replaced normal cheese and butter with low fat, grill instead of fry, etc.

Drink more water or fruit juice; it makes you feel full.

Walk instead of drive where possible.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Just seen this thread. I started on 6th Jan 2017 at 243.2 lbs (17 stone 5.2 lbs)

Current weight: 197.6 lbs (14 stone 1.6 lbs) - I've lost 45.6 lbs (3 stone 3.6 lbs) in the past 4 months.

Planned diet:
    I use the free 'MyFitnessPal' app on my phone and updated the profile with my height, age, weight, target, etc. I then log any food and drink each day. It gets quicker over time as it remembers what you've previously put in. I realised my biggest problem was just eating too much so I reduced my intake and am losing about 1 - 2 lbs a week. I can eat what I like but more fat = less quantity. 

Tips:
    The Quaker Oats 'Oat so Simple' packets are ideal for breakfast. They take 2 minutes, are tasty, only about 225 calories and many supermarkets are selling them at reduced prices at the moment.

Remember, you can eat one cream cake and then be hungry shortly after OR eat lower fat food in bigger quantities. I like more so go for something lower in calories.

It's about lifestyle change, not diet. A crash diet or unrealistic meal plan will not be sustainable. I gradually reduced the amount of milk I have in hot drinks, cut out sugar, replaced normal cheese and butter with low fat, grill instead of fry, etc.

Congrats! Tell me more about your meals and weekly food intake. I enjoy my food too much but need to make changes.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Bad day......
    Argument with other half, Sofa for the night, no sleep and terrible food choices today. 

Try again tomorrow.  :/
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • saint_iveysaint_ivey Frets: 17
    capo4th said:

Planned diet:

Tips:

Congrats! Tell me more about your meals and weekly food intake. I enjoy my food too much but need to make changes.
    Thanks @capo4th ;

For my age and height I can have up to 2,030 calories per day but I usually find myself having only about 1,600 on average.

For lunch I've been having either:
    (1) 165g small tin of new potatoes with a tin of Princes Mackerel fillets (various flavours) - approx 450 calories
    (2) A packet of John West salmon & cous cous/bulger wheat. (comes in a variety of tasty mixes) - approx 300 calories

For tea it's usually:
    (1) spag bol with whatever spaghetti has lowest calories, extra lean minced meat, low fat sauce & dried grated hard cheese
    (2) fish & chips - chips lowest calorie I can find or sometimes potato wedges or sweet potato chips
    (3) lots of stuff with chicken. i.e. chicken kebabs with peppers, onion & wraps OR chicken breast with low fat lemon sauce & lowest calorie rice I can find.

Generally, breakfast is about 230 calories, lunch about 300 - 500 calories and tea about 600 - 1000 calories.

If I feel hungry after eating I just wait 30 mins and by that time it's fine down and I'm quite full. The smaller i get the less hungry I am too.

I sometimes have a treat meal but then go for a walk or cycle to burn it off.

Simple stuff but (a) portion size (b) eat less than I burn (3) swap out items for less calorific alternatives.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Damn I forgot to post.. 

Ok so my weights. 

Start weight: 15.30 stone. (214.2lbs)
    Week 1: 15.25 stone (213.5 lbs)
    Week 2: 14.875 stone (208.25lbs)

My scales didnt match up to the hospital scales when I was in a few weeks back.. but I figure as long as my scales go down, then im getting lighter. I also can't figure out how to change them from lbs to stone... so thats why my listings are weird haha.. using google conversions. 

No exercise been done yet, just 'dieting'. 

Im only eating three times a day. 
    Either half a packet of tilda basmati rice for breakfast or some of my gluten free special flakes cereal with milk. 

Lunch is either 3 scrambled eggs with a little milk, or the rice if I had cereal for breakfast. 

Dinner is whatever I usually have but trying to go smaller portions. 

Drinks. Just tea, or water. One sugar not 2. 

I expect my weight loss to stop soon, because i've cut out 15 cans of coke per week, 6-7 wispa bars, and around 8-9 pints of chocolate nesquik milkshake.. 

Then I'll have to switch to healthier eating and really cut the portions of dinner back and hit the gym for cardio. 

I don't know how good having just rice and eggs or cereal is every day, but i intend to eat more veg. So a salad for lunch or breakkie, or boiled veg with each meal. 

I feel better already for it.. and my poops have changed lmfao! I used to go daily, same time... same place lol.. now Its every 2 days.. is that a cause for concern lol?!? 

My next steps are to implemented next week/this week and include veg with each meal. And switch to low fat or 0 fat milk. 

The step after that is to exercise at the gym, 3-5 times per week, 30mins of cardio. That should see me keep losing weight.. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    Week one i lost 4lbs, week 2 i ate like a pig and didn't exercise as much but didn't put any weight back on. I'll get back on it and should lose another 4 this week.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    edited May 2017
    Yep...I lost 4lbs first week but put 2 straight back on s
    4 steps forward, 2 steps back. It's still progress my friend.
    Been reading a bit into it and think I'm going to try a water only fast... It's controversial as far as methods go, to an extent, but I've read so many positive experiences and potential benefits that I'll give it a try. Before anyone makes any snap judgements about it have a Google (without specifically looking for the negatives). If I stick to it then weight loss is going to be pretty dramatic, I'll call time on it if I feel my health is suffering at any point though. If people are interested I can document it here every other day, otherwise I'll just make the odd post solely with regards to any weight loss. I've noticed less activity in this thread in the past fortnight. Keep up the efforts guys!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    A bit late in updating.
    I am still at 97.2kg- we had a weekend away in Paris so pleased I didn't gain anything.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    edited May 2017
    I've lost a couple of stone since Christmas. I'm 5ft 9.

Weight is currently 12 stone 5.0 lbs (78.4 kg) and still maintaining a healthy diet 5/6 days a week so will post weekly with my ups and downs.

(Target is to get and stay under 12 stone. I seem to plateau around it so be happy to be under consistently).

Generally I eat an apple and orange for breakfast, tinned mackerel and cous cous for lunch and a big salad with a piece of fish for tea. 

Saturday is ALWAYS FATurday, the way Clarky of this parish always taught me.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I've crept back up to my start weight of 12 stone.

It seems like 12 is my settled number and, as I've already shifted 3 stone, I'm going to stop stressing about it.

More importantly, I'm going to maintain the exercise and healthy eating as that's been what's worked thus far :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi