The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24354
    S: 17st 0.5lb
    1: 16st 7.5lb
    2: 16st 4 lb.

3.5lb loss this week.
    3: 16st 2.5lb

1.5lb loss this week.

2 lb away from losing a stone 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24345
    I was thinking...  would it be a good idea or a shit idea to collect everyone's weekly result and slap them into a line graph of weight lost over time ?  Like a horse race, who's in front, who's lagging behind etc ?  Would that provide motivation to the ones at the back of the field to catch up - or just make them give up and gallop off to the burger van ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Emp_Fab said:
    I was thinking...  would it be a good idea or a shit idea to collect everyone's weekly result and slap them into a line graph of weight lost over time ?  Like a horse race, who's in front, who's lagging behind etc ?  Would that provide motivation to the ones at the back of the field to catch up - or just make them give up and gallop off to the burger van ?
    Ultimately I think that would be unhelpful- we are all running our own race.

The folks here who have more weight to lose will be able to lose a lot more weight than those closer to their ideal weight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    I'm with @octatonic on this one.  I am ultimately competing with my old self. When I was 19½ stone I started off by dropping a stunning 6lbs which, while fantastic, is unsustainable.

On another note, is willpower a finite resource, once it's done it's done, or is more like a muscle that needs to be exercised?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Plus some of us already do it. I have a few apps on my phone that I use - myfitnesspal, habit-tracker, strava, runkeeper, and cyclestreets for my exercise stuff.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3079
    I've had a harder week this time so hopefully I haven't put anything back on. I'm hopeful my weight will start with a 14 on Sunday..

It's definitely a personal battle and this thread is excellent motivation - like a virtual meeting. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• 15 stone 8...down from 16 stone 2.

Quite disappointingly, I'm still the same height......
    89kg this morning. Down from 92kg April 16th.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm using myfitnesspal app and my Scales automatically send the info to my phone.

So I have a nice graph already.
  • Well, my scales said I'd gone from 14 stone 7lb to 13 stone 1lb. The 14 stone 9lb. Then 12 stone 6lb.

This is nonsense - I've eaten lots of good food, but not been very strict and don't have any routine at all... So I think the scales are borked! I *feel* better, for sure, but I doubt I've lost any real amount of weight. However, I don't really know my start weight as I don't trust the scales from the other week... 

So, I've ordered a new set and they arrive tomorrow. 

Had biscuits today :( however, I've got a lot of walking as I'm walking into the city (2.3 miles) then handing out cv and looking for a portrait for my photography project (probably another couple of miles) then walking back. So probably got a good amount of calories burn to help with that. 

Lunch - chicken salad, lemon juice dressing with no oil. 

Dinner is to be a vegetable pasta sauce, home made, with no oil, and a serving of pasta (50g dry). 

Ordinarily I'd have slightly bigger meals but I need to make up for the naughty biscuits this morning... 

They were, however, the last biscuits in the tin - if they're not there, I tend not to miss them. I'll update my weight tomorrow with the new scales :) 

Well, my scales said I'd gone from 14 stone 7lb to 13 stone 1lb. The 14 stone 9lb. Then 12 stone 6lb.

This is nonsense - I've eaten lots of good food, but not been very strict and don't have any routine at all... So I think the scales are borked! I *feel* better, for sure, but I doubt I've lost any real amount of weight. However, I don't really know my start weight as I don't trust the scales from the other week... 

So, I've ordered a new set and they arrive tomorrow. 

Had biscuits today :( however, I've got a lot of walking as I'm walking into the city (2.3 miles) then handing out cv and looking for a portrait for my photography project (probably another couple of miles) then walking back. So probably got a good amount of calories burn to help with that. 

Lunch - chicken salad, lemon juice dressing with no oil. 

Dinner is to be a vegetable pasta sauce, home made, with no oil, and a serving of pasta (50g dry). 

Ordinarily I'd have slightly bigger meals but I need to make up for the naughty biscuits this morning... 

They were, however, the last biscuits in the tin - if they're not there, I tend not to miss them. I'll update my weight tomorrow with the new scales :) 

Yeah same, I don't feel like I've lost anything really. But I know my 3kg loss isn't down to muscle loss because I've been doing pull ups most mornings now, and I've done a few 7k runs the past couple of weeks.

Honestly, the bulk of it is probably water loss! But it's a nice cosy feeling!
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm not sure having a forum fitness graph would help either. We all started at various points of fitness :)

I'm using this thread to keep me motivated ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• HoofHoof Frets: 491
    OK, so I'm still 14st 10lb but feel like I'm making progress and getting back into better lifestyle habits. My current employment status means I'm sitting around the house most of the day whereas my old job was pretty active and the first few weeks of sitting on my arse I was gaining a couple of pounds a week.

I've cycled every other day for the past week (2 rides have been 2 hours, the other two 40min local blasts).
    I've not been to the sufferfest classes as it seems pointless when the weather is nice and I can ride a real bike rather than a static one.

I've been using the MyFitnessPal app since the weekend and it's really useful to keep on top of what you're eating.

Sunday was a disaster due to a huge sunday roast, pudding, beers, tea at my mums (ie cake and sausage rolls) and a couple more beers in the evening. A big bikeride on monday morning undid some of the damage though.

My favourite part of the app is when you complete the day's diary and it say something like "If every day was like today you'd weigh 13st 11lb in 5 weeks!" It keeps you motivated and keeps your mind on the long term when the daily temptation to step on the bathroom scales doesn't give you the reading you wanted.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I'm failing. Bollocks.
    @axisus you're not failing while you are still plugging away at it. 
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    no loss or gain this week 
    axisus said:
    I'm failing. Bollocks.
    Everybody has stangant weeks, sometimes even stagnant months.

Everybody has weeks where despite best efforts you put weight on.

I'm doing ok at the moment because I'm following a cardiologist approved approach that was put together for me personally. I will still have weeks when I put on.

Chin up, get more water in you and keep going.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Week 4 no booze, but food is the enemy. 

or I am to myself when hungry/tired/emotional/menstruating etc. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    @ThePrettyDamned , do you place your scales in the same place on the floor when you weigh yourself?
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    edited May 2017
    Tavernor said:
    Been reading a bit into it and think I'm going to try a water only fast... It's controversial as far as methods go, to an extent, but I've read so many positive experiences and potential benefits that I'll give it a try. Before anyone makes any snap judgements about it have a Google (without specifically looking for the negatives). If I stick to it then weight loss is going to be pretty dramatic, I'll call time on it if I feel my health is suffering at any point though. If people are interested I can document it here every other day, otherwise I'll just make the odd post solely with regards to any weight loss. I've noticed less activity in this thread in the past fortnight. Keep up the efforts guys!
    About 35 hours in and hungry as hell, two long walks today and scales say I've dropped 2lbs. Still have energy and bar being hungry feel good. Apparently the body starts using its fat reserves wholly and cleansing itself after about 72 hours in a guy my age, less time for women. Supposedly hunger goes around the same time too. Time will tell. As I said I'm not going into this 'challenge' blind and will kick it if, or rather when I need to.