Where are you going on holidays this year?

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14303
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    Where is everyone going on holidays this year?

We are going to Algarve for 5 days and then the Amalfi coast for 2 weeks.
    Never been to either place.
    Just coming back home tomorrow from the Algarve
    7 days of nice sunshine 
    loved it
    missed my dog though but I know he is in safe hands 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14303
    tFB Trader
    My 50th this year, so a few lined up...

- South of France
    - Lake Garda
    - Cyprus
    - Turkey at Christmas 
    One of the nicest breaks I have had was Lake Garda
    enjoy it
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3311
    RobDavies said:
    Polis, Cyprus again.  Same villa that we hired a couple of years ago. 

I'm happy bobbing around in the pool all day and then quaffing Keo in the early evening before stuffing my face with kleftiko, fish meze, or sheiftalia. 
    Polis is like going back in time. Lovely place and so's that region, but then I'm biased :)

Enjoy yourselves
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited April 2017
    My family have been talking about going off somewhere... even at 22 I'm not opposed to a family holiday, given that it'll be much nicer than I could afford otherwise lol Sorrento is being discussed... that area of Italy is somewhere that I have always wanted to go, ever since watching the Trip to Italy with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. The scenery is enough to melt one's heart. I hope I do get to go.

Also planning a trip up to York to visit one of my best mates from school who's at uni there. Went last year with another mate and it was just a blast. And my girlfriend and I have been talking about getting away somewhere for a couple of days too, not sure where though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12375
    Sorrento is gorgeous, the women are particularly swoonsome. You will notice though that EVERY car is either scratched or dented, no shit, from tiny Fiat to big Merc, no car escapes. Do not rent a car unless you want to wave bye bye to your deposit.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    hywelg said:

OK if you like cruise ships  personally I hate the idea. Much prefer to take in a place over a few days. 

And most cruise ships only go to the touristy Islands like Santorini,  Mykonos, Naxos etc. They rarely go to the little gems like Koufonisi, Sifnos, Folegandros et al. 
    Yes, she didn't mean the big ones (done that previously - won't do it again!), she says she's seen some that only do small parties, about 20 people.

Anyway, enjoy your trip and please let us know how you get on!
  • Heading back to Bulgaria, this time a bit of a road trip is on the cards, heading to the mountains for Mrs Fred to return to the places she grew up in. 

I'm a bit anxious spending a fair bit of time driving with a 5 & 11 year old in the car. I fear it might get a bit stressful.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Kebabkid said:
    RobDavies said:
    Polis, Cyprus again.  Same villa that we hired a couple of years ago. 

I'm happy bobbing around in the pool all day and then quaffing Keo in the early evening before stuffing my face with kleftiko, fish meze, or sheiftalia. 
    Polis is like going back in time. Lovely place and so's that region, but then I'm biased :)

Enjoy yourselves

We will, no doubt.  This will be our fifth time there.  We first visited in 1999 and really loved it.  Paphos was nice back then, too but waaay too busy now.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I've just been rpicing up a weeks break at the end of May and the options were Cornwall/Dorset or Rhodes.

Cheapest holidays cottages in a decent sized town, Falmouth, St Ives, Padstow, Bridport, etc  (so theres more than 1 pub!) approx £400 for the week, can easily pay lots more. Diesel to get there approx £90 plus 10 hours driving. Total £490

Flights from EMA (buses from home take 45mins) £240 for 2. Accommodation, 4 nights on Rhodes and 3 on Symi £210. Taxi from airport (outbound arrives late), say £20. Total £470.

Guess where we'll be going if I have my way!!! I dont fancy a 5 hour drive, and I like warm and bright.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24357
    Kos for me this year, a change for the annual pilgrimage to Ibiza 

Are you sure that's a real place ?  It looks remarkably like a model village to me !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • My wife and our young son are very excited about our holiday by the sea in sunny Spain this May.

I will enjoy it too.....BUT IT IS NOTHING COMPARED TO HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT BEING AT ASSEN FOR  MOTOGP IN JUNE. ....................................

yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh !

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    We're off to Bordeaux for a few days in mid September, really looking forward to it. Haven't done a city break in ages. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587
    Nitefly said:
    Has anyone been to Lisbon?  Our Maud and I fancy a long weekend there - is that doable or does it need longer?
    Lisbon is a lovely city for a long weekend. Been there twice in last 2 years.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    ewal said:
    Nitefly said:
    Has anyone been to Lisbon?  Our Maud and I fancy a long weekend there - is that doable or does it need longer?
    Ah, thanks @ewal - I think we'll look at that for early September then.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    hywelg said:
    I've just been rpicing up a weeks break at the end of May and the options were Cornwall/Dorset or Rhodes.

Cheapest holidays cottages in a decent sized town, Falmouth, St Ives, Padstow, Bridport, etc  (so theres more than 1 pub!) approx £400 for the week, can easily pay lots more. Diesel to get there approx £90 plus 10 hours driving. Total £490

Flights from EMA (buses from home take 45mins) £240 for 2. Accommodation, 4 nights on Rhodes and 3 on Symi £210. Taxi from airport (outbound arrives late), say £20. Total £470.

Guess where we'll be going if I have my way!!! I dont fancy a 5 hour drive, and I like warm and bright.
    And, eating and drinking out will be a lot cheaper in Rhodes than the S West UK.

I do like Cornwall, but its pretty hideous during school holidays. too chuffing busy by far.

An ideal holiday for me is away from people. Can't stand hotels, so I prefer to get our own place, where we can do what we want, when we want and not have to talk to anyone if we please. Happy days.

Log cabin, lake, forest, beer & food & guitar: perfect. Rare as rockin horse cack though.

Thinking of going to the Barcelona area for 4-5 days in July. It's sort of a compromise as my 16 year old son is somewhat grudgingly coming and we thought a city would be better than a resort. However we're planning to stay somewhere outside the city itself - somewhere quieter, picturesque and with good transport connections in to the city. I saw a suggestion for Vilanova somewhere - does anyone have an alternative recommendation?

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    @ewal
    castelldelfels is supposed to be nice, and easy acces to the city.

tbh, staying in Barcelona is a good option, its a brilliant place, has everything.

Another place that may be worth looking at is Sitges. It's a short train from Barcelona. Plenty going on there, nice beaches, civilised.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Nitefly said:
    ewal said:
    Nitefly said:
    Ah, thanks @ewal - I think we'll look at that for early September then.
    You can do Lisbon easily in a weekend. I was there last September and the temps were up in the mid 30's.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    ewal said:

Thinking of going to the Barcelona area for 4-5 days in July. It's sort of a compromise as my 16 year old son is somewhat grudgingly coming and we thought a city would be better than a resort. However we're planning to stay somewhere outside the city itself - somewhere quieter, picturesque and with good transport connections in to the city. I saw a suggestion for Vilanova somewhere - does anyone have an alternative recommendation?

My wife and I have stayed in the resort of Santa Susanna a few times which is around 30 mins by train up the coast. Train station was outside the hotel which gave us the best of both worlds. Hotel was top quality and very reasonable compared to Barcelona prices. 
    Cheers @snap and @bobblehat - I'll check your suggestions out. Might well still end up in the city itself depending on apartment availability etc.