Where are you going on holidays this year?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 363
    Any of you guys know anywhere nice and quite in Ibiza for a family?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Any of you guys know anywhere nice and quite in Ibiza for a family?
    We had lovely family holidays in Es Cana but that was quite a long time ago now. The Brits on the piss type people tend to congregate in just a few places though, like San Antonio, so avoid those and you'll probably be okay.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    bobblehat said:
    Nitefly said:
    ewal said:
    Nitefly said:
    Has anyone been to Lisbon?  Our Maud and I fancy a long weekend there - is that doable or does it need longer?
    Lisbon is a lovely city for a long weekend. Been there twice in last 2 years.
    Ah, thanks @ewal - I think we'll look at that for early September then.
    You can do Lisbon easily in a weekend. I was there last September and the temps were up in the mid 30's.
    Cheers, @bobblehat - mid-30's might be a bit rich for us (old fogeys!), so might leave it until next spring.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    Whilst I collect guitars I rarely play, Mrs Slacker's hobby is mental holidays. So this year we are going to Peru to trek to Machu Piccu (sp) and spend time camping in the Amazon jungle. 
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited April 2017
    @ewal: I was in Barcelona in August 2015. I stayed in the city centre at the Avenida Palace Hotel which is 5 minutes away from Placa de Catalunya. The location of this hotel is superb - for the Airport Bus, close to La Rambla, Passieg de Gracia, the Hop On Hop Off tourist bus, and many other attractions. It is a couple of stops on the Metro to the La Sagrada Familia Cathedral. Do visit the Park Guell, Gaudi's landmark buildings on the Passieg De Gracia, and the Barcelona Nou Camp football stadium. In addition, visit the Maremagnum Shopping Centre close to the World Trade Centre where the Mediteranean cruise liners dock. https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/shopping/maremagnum-centre-barcelona-port.html

I am looking (provisionally), into going to New York City for Christmas, returning to London on Boxing Day, but that is a long time away..

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I am going nowhere, can't really afford holidays.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.