The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited April 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Me getting banned is almost a certainty.
    I was actually joking.  Hence the smiley faces.  If I'd known I was going to cop this I wouldn't have bothered.

Plus I grew up in the Thames Valley.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    randella said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    randella said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    randella said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    the North... Places full of people who have had everything ripped from them since the 1970's.

That'll be why it's £6.50 for a pint of craft ale in the Northern Quarter of Manchester then, they're just trying to get back on the level 
    Manchester is a city. Stands to reason you'll be financially raped by pubs there. Plus craft ale is for wankers.
    It was not so much about beer prices, more a gentle dig at you lumping in 'the North' as one homogeneous blob of whippet-owning jobless Brexit-voters.
    Where the fuck did you get that from?
    "Then there is the rest of the UK. The forgotten tribes. The Midlands, the North. Wales. Places full of people who have had everything ripped from them since the 1970's. Life has been tough, and it spans generations. "

No need for the aggression either, I was having a bit of fun.
    Aggression? Are you a giant poontang or what mate? First you stake yourself to a flat-cap like some sort of Angel of the North martyr boy, reading shit into what I said that clearly wasn't there, and then you get all shirty when I make a joke about craft ale AND THEN you have the sheer giant bollocks to claim you were just having a bit of fun - well what the fuck was I doing then, fisting myself up the arse whilst reading Mein Kampf??

Knob off!
    I'll give you points for that, fucking inspired rant.  The bit about Mein Kampf was a highlight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    randella said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I was actually joking.  Hence the smiley faces.  If I'd known I was going to co

Plus I grew up in the Thames Valley.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    randella said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    randella said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    randella said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    the North... Places full of people who have had everything ripped from them since the 1970's.

That'll be why it's £6.50 for a pint of craft ale in the Northern Quarter of Manchester then, they're just trying to get back on the level 
    Manchester is a city. Stands to reason you'll be financially raped by pubs there. Plus craft ale is for wankers.
    It was not so much about beer prices, more a gentle dig at you lumping in 'the North' as one homogeneous blob of whippet-owning jobless Brexit-voters.
    Where the fuck did you get that from?
    "Then there is the rest of the UK. The forgotten tribes. The Midlands, the North. Wales. Places full of people who have had everything ripped from them since the 1970's. Life has been tough, and it spans generations. "

No need for the aggression either, I was having a bit of fun.
    Aggression? Are you a giant poontang or what mate? First you stake yourself to a flat-cap like some sort of Angel of the North martyr boy, reading shit into what I said that clearly wasn't there, and then you get all shirty when I make a joke about craft ale AND THEN you have the sheer giant bollocks to claim you were just having a bit of fun - well what the fuck was I doing then, fisting myself up the arse whilst reading Mein Kampf??

Knob off!
    I'll give you points for that, fucking inspired rant.  The bit about Mein Kampf was a highlight.
    Just fucking around ;)
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    You mean like when UKIP didn't forward a candidate of their own, and backed Zac Goldsmith in the Richmond by-election?  Damn those lefty 'kippers and their authoritarianism.
    That wasn't right either, but that wasn't a nationwide agreement between parties in a national election, that was simply one party deciding not to field a candidate. Wrong but a different ballpark.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Corbyn would make a good PM. People have been told otherwise, that's all there is to it.

How so, I hear you splutter?

The role of Prime Minister has been reframed as the role of wartime dictator, under the moniker 'leader'. He's not a strong leader... 

Hitler was a strong leader, Stalin, that podgy fella in North Korea. We don't need He Man (or woman) in 10 downing St. We need someone with a moral core. 

Meanwhile, May has been flip flopping all over the shop. There's health concerns. She looks and sounds like she's on the edge of a panic attack every time she opens her mouth. None of which seems to matter to anyone.

Rocky times ahead. People are going to be hurting big time. I'm sure the blame will somehow fall at Corbyn's feet, 15 years from now.

The blame attached to Corbyn will be that he has been completely and utterly ineffective at every level.
    7 weeks to get it together, and persuade people he has got it together is just not enough time.
    He's been battered from all sides, including his own. I'm surprised he's not keeled over.

e.g., Steven Kinnock stopped short of endorsing him this morning, quite why the BBC chose him to interview is anybody's guess... 

Anyway. The policies and approaches of the respective parties are there for all to see. Democracy will prevail and good luck with it all.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Maybe edit some of your posts.  It would be duller without you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Drew_TNBD said:
    DREXIT .. will we get a forum referendum?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Just fucking around ;)
    With or without the book?
    crunchman said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Maybe edit some of your posts.  It would be duller without you.
    heaven forfend! It's dull with me! Probably more so!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Fretwired said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Not sure I could cope with all the DROANERS afterwards..
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited April 2017

Time to get the 'Ed Stone' glued back together and get it mounted on the battle bus. YES!

More seriously, the storm clouds of uncertainty and restlessness and political change across the world is concerning

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Are you a Drexiteer?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:

Jeremy Corbyn needs to understand that leadership is about outcomes and his stock is so low his only outcome is failure.

The biggest jump he can give to the Labour Polls is to resign and step aside, possibly for Owen Smith.

If he continues to lead, it literally proves he's not a leader, if that makes sense.

The Corbyn project look like it's coming to an end.  Hopefully before McDonnell can force a change in the party rules to lower the number of nominations a leadership candidate requires, essentially guaranteeing McDonnell in charge of the party.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    This is going to be a total and utter cluster fuck.
    Labour will be continue to be divided- Corbin is totally the wrong guy but they are stuck with him now.
    The Lib Dems will run on a ticket of staying in the EU and will do very well but not enough to make a difference.

We live in interesting times.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Are you a Drexiteer?
    I'm firmly in the Dremain camp. 

His voice is wondrously soporific. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    Is it too late to get Drew installed as an independent somewhere? Single issue - he could wear a white suit and everything. :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Are you a Drexiteer?
    Nope. I'm going to spoil my paper. I might even freeze one of my own shits in a bag and shove it up my arse. 

Then I can spend at least 6 months ranting about the result, no matter what it is, claiming everything is undemocratic, that we are clearly misguided by a Russian-mobster media, and make a massive big slab-of-rock manifesto with declarations of a flat earth, that planes can take off from conveyor belts, that valve amps are like holy relics and that bass guitar isn't an instrument - it's actually less complex than the washboard or triangle. 

Once it's all settled down a bit I'll go back to making exact replicas of Harley Benton guitars - I have the factory set up already and I'm working on the "Charley Chenton" logo right now.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Are you a Drexiteer?
    I'm firmly in the Dremain camp. 

His voice is wondrously soporific. 
    Sambostar has a better voice than me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72346
    octatonic said:
    Labour will be continue to be divided- Corbin is totally the wrong guy but they are stuck with him now.
    The Lib Dems will run on a ticket of staying in the EU and will do very well but not enough to make a difference.
    It's the only scenario in which she can lose - if *everyone* who voted Remain goes out and votes Lib Dem.

This is what happened in Scotland last time after the independence vote and is why the SNP achieved a near clean sweep of Westminster seats.

Do it. Tim Nice But Dim isn't actually any worse than Corbyn or May.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26585
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Are you a Drexiteer?
    Nope. I'm going to spoil my paper. I might even freeze one of my own shits in a bag and shove it up my arse. 

Then I can spend at least 6 months ranting about the result, no matter what it is, claiming everything is undemocratic, that we are clearly misguided by a Russian-mobster media, and make a massive big slab-of-rock manifesto with declarations of a flat earth, that planes can take off from conveyor belts, that valve amps are like holy relics and that bass guitar isn't an instrument - it's actually less complex than the washboard or triangle. 

Once it's all settled down a bit I'll go back to making exact replicas of Harley Benton guitars - I have the factory set up already and I'm working on the "Charley Chenton" logo right now.
    How cute. You all think this forum is a democracy.... :D
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26585
    ICBM said:
    octatonic said:
    It's the only scenario in which she can lose - if *everyone* who voted Remain goes out and votes Lib Dem.
    Actually, if everyone who voted Remain voted together for any party, they'd almost certainly win even if they were the only ones voting for that party (based on the turnout from the 2015 election). The only way to beat them would be for everyone who voted Leave to do exactly the same, and then it'd be down to constituency boundaries... ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom