Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

should we give "our guys" a platform

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    Yes you can star it in the discussions menu.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    edited August 2013
    can I get the system to email me when this thread has new contributions? sorry if I'm being a dick!

You said it
    :P
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback

Feedback
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11616
    tFB Trader
    I agree that being able to subscribe (and later unsubscribe to a thread would be useful) - whether looking for answers to a question or following a topic of interest (apologies if that feature set is already here - can someone just point me in the right direction)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    I agree that being able to subscribe (and later unsubscribe to a thread would be useful) - whether looking for answers to a question or following a topic of interest (apologies if that feature set is already here - can someone just point me in the right direction)
    Click the little star to the right of the discussion's title. :)
    (also present on other pages listing discussions)
  • thnku excellent, 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27633
    You can already do that.

Go to "edit profile", and then edit your "notification preferences".  Make sure that you have selected "notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions", either by email or the little pop-up notification.

Then bookmark the discussions that you want to follow - as DD says, this is the "star" icon that shows at the top of the first post in a discussion, or on the list of discussion titles on the category/sub-category listing.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    And "unclick" the star when you're done

Feedback
  • JadenJaden Frets: 251

TTony
    said:
    I've put my money where my mouth is through the years, and never regretted it - I'd much rather play a guitar that's been made, rather than one that's been produced - and I've got some wonderful, unique guitars as a result.  
    I'm with you on that. I have one guitar that's made by a UK luthier, and it's singlehandedly cured my GAS for anything else.

Don't forget @jaden has an account on here too, although he's currently too busy trying to kill himself offroading to post on forums...

Aye, im here, thanks for the tag!

with reference to the OP, yes its great to have an outlet where the audience is interested and participates.
    I would share work and pictures and have no problem with explaining techniques I use etc..
    I may start a specific thread if thats allowed.

the small builders biggest hurdle is as mentioned in the first post, getting reviews without linked advertising is one thing but to really get on the map you have to leap the highest hurdle of them all.....   building a trusted brand name that offers great products, value for money and in a timely manner with great customer support..  a difficult task for most builders who are full time and a near impossible one for builders who are not..
    there are ways to pay for this kind of thing to happen of course but then the original concept of the business is lost in the people who will come and do what they think is right for you..  best to stay in control.

what makes a pro is an interesting one, before I was a guitar maker I was an engineer... a professional.
    now im a guitar maker, am i still a pro engineer or just a pro guitar maker ? I think im not an amateur engineer anyway... :)

Jaden Rose Guitars :: Jaden Rose Guitars on Facebook :: My Facebook :: YouTube

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26659
    Jaden said:
    I would share work and pictures and have no problem with explaining techniques I use etc..
    Not only is it allowed, it's positively encouraged :)
    <space for hire>
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    edited August 2013
    digitalscream;17347" said:
    Jaden said:I would share work and pictures and have no problem with explaining techniques I use etc..

Not only is it allowed, it's positively encouraged :)

No it should be compulsory ! :-\"

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10563
    edited August 2013 tFB Trader
    I think there are all sorts of benefits for us makers ... not the least significant is that, at least my job, I tend to  exist in a bit of a bubble. Easy to lose track of trends and public perception when you are 'heads down' and keeping the orders flowing out. I've been given lots of product ideas by reading threads where somebody said 'I wish my pickups did ..... (insert favorite want)' :)  If the big boys pay for market research ... they could get if for free here, and nice people to talk to as well. Perhaps we should start a 'don't tell Larry or Seymour section' :))
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message