The worst hangover you ever had and what caused it ?

What's Hot
TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
Being an irish fella i like my guinness and it never ever gives me a big head the next day. On one occasion i was at a work do and the bar didnt have draught guinness. They sold a beer id never had before called Caffreys which looked like a pint of bass but had the thickness and consistency of guinness, so i had that all night. Well what a blinding hangover i had the next day !

I literally couldnt open my eyes the next morning. I had a loyalist band beating drums in my head and the sound levels from butterring toast were similar to a fender red twin on full and played by Roy Buchanan.  Have i drank caffreys since,.........nope !!

Which tipple gave you a hangover you will never forget ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HoofHoof Frets: 491
    Not the worst hangover ever but I feel pretty crap today after drinking Alkohol Frei Erdinger all weekend. Been going to barbeques at places that are awkward to get at and ferrying friends and family about so could only have one proper beer and I don't like fizzy pop. Anyone else had an alcohol free hangover?

Worst ones I ever had always seem to be as a result of mixing drinks. At a NYE house party a few years back I had a mix of various beers, wines, spirits, vodka jelly shots and fuck knows what else and it took about 3 days to get over. I Genuinely think I did myself some real damage on that one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Tipples - consisted of a night on the beer in the pub (quite a lot of beer). Retire to mates house to try "Shooters" - a menu he'd picked up in Canada ...

Much jollity ensued, but we ran out of the coloured liquids fast, tried floating gin on vodka.  Some wag was proffering vodka & fairy liquid as a creme de menthe - needless to say we all got seriously drunk.  In the morning there was vom all over the house, out the windows and down the walls.

I felt like complete shit, the ache in my kidneys took a couple of days to subside.

I usually heave up, go to sleep, and feel a bit peaky in the morning (though with age that peakiness lasts a lot longer ;) ) - but this one was armageddon !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Kaliber alcohol free lager. Night after I passed my test, drove my pals around a few Country pubs.

I would have felt better the next morning  if I'd have done 20 pints of Stella instead.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    My dads wake, and his left over home brew wine.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Been a while, but after rugby it was commonplace to have 6-8 pints at the clubhouse, before going into town on the piss....

Although the hangovers were bad (think incapable of doing anything on a sunday even just staying in bed was torturous) the worst bit was the dry mouth from smoking 3 packs of Benson & Hedges.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I've never had a hangover. Am I missing out?
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    When I was a lot younger (about 15 I think) my friend an I put on the Ocean by Led Zeppelin.  We then split a 1ltr bottle of Jack in 2 and had ourselves a race.  I was ruined for days
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310

Any kind of Weissbeer just messes me up the next day.

When I was 14 or 15 I went on a binge with a mate. Between us we did a litre of cheap vodka, a bottle of red wine and a few cans of Stella. I didn't stop being sick for 2 days. My old man wouldn't take me to hospital to teach me a lesson, but I'm pretty sure I had alcohol poisoning. Fucking Stella! Evil stuff.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    edited May 2017
    I had a night on Oozo and Raki once. I was in Athens, had to endure 40 degree heat with a raging hangover. I was puking in the gutters all day.

That said, I one had an awful hangover when I drank 4 pints of Carling....that stuff should be banned.

I have no problems drinking 10% plus Belgian brews.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4699
    Two.

The first.

A mate of mine had been off to the west country for the summer and came back with several plastic containers of really nasty looking scrumpy.  A bunch of us polished off the scrumpy while also getting through a fair bit of opiated Kabul.   
    I was quite sick, quite off my head and off work for three days with an upset stomach, although the hangover remained for two days.

The second.

My wife was away on business and I had arranged to meet up with a former staff member who was now running her own firm and wanted to pick my brain.  The timings are a bit vague but I know that I was indoors before11.30pm.
    We met at a restaurant and she ordered a bottle of red wine.  Service was dead slow and this went before we ordered.   The second bottle of red was consumed mainly before the main course arrived and the third was gone before desert arrived.
    Irish coffee followed, and this was followed by a couple of brandies.  Then she said that she wanted to go to a really seedy pub for a nightcap.  We found the worst we could in WC1 - it wasn't that bad - and she proceeded to drink another five large Scotches and I had five small ones.
    My brain suitably picked, or pickled, we went our separate ways.  I remembered going down the escalator at Holborn and walking up the stairs at Victoria but not the rest of the journey.  The train to Bromley was a bit of an effort but I made it home meandering through the leafy suburb like a very drunk thing.
    I went to bed, slept like a log and woke up at 7.15 feeling amazingly good.  I made a cup of tea, had some toast, thought about shaving and then, suddenly, I didn't feel so good.
    Long story short, I was variously throwing up and having a very upset stomach for twenty four hours, along with the kind of headache caused by having my head removed without an anaesthetic.  The headache lasted four days, finally going late on the Saturday afternoon following the Tuesday night.  I couldn't eat, think or really function until the Friday morning, spending the time in bed in a dark room.
    I texted Peggy - for that was her name - on the morning after the night before, saying that I felt bloody awful and had decided to give work a miss.  She texted back immediately to say that she had been at work since 7.30, having run there to clear her head...............................

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Session of Old Fashioneds for 10 hours. Three day hangover. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    I've had a few but the worst was a works do with a free bar in Bournemouth.. like a red rag to a bull. The train journey back to New Street was an ordeal to say the least. I felt like my head was strapped to the underside of the train with my face being dragged along the rails. Every vibration making me feel worse... focussing on either the outside or the inside of the train for more than 30 seconds would make me feel dizzy and sick. My wife thought this was all rather funny which made it even worse. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16686
    edited May 2017
    They sold a beer id never had before called Caffreys which looked like a pint of bass but had the thickness and consistency of guinness, so i had that all night. Well what a blinding hangover i had the next day !

Caffrey's used to be quite strong at 5%, and really easy drinking.   It was notorious for causing nasty hangovers because people simple didn't realise how much they had drank

I would be surprised if anyone ever got a hangover from the current 3.4% version.

My worse hangover was from a 2 litrebottle of cheap cider, with a small bottle of whiskey poured into it.  That was a dare when I was far too young

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    A litre of cheap vodka. About half way through, I decided on a few beers to wash it down......and got 6 cans of White Ace.

I was shit faced the whole weekend and the hangover kicked in Monday. I really did feel like I was was dying :o

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The first time I got drunk I didn't really know my limits and got alcohol poisoning and had a three day hangover
    My V key is broken
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6124
    The stag night for my first marriage.
    I was 24 and an occasional drinker.  Spurred on by my 'mates' I drank 5 pints of Old Thumper and was so rat arsed that they carried me out of the pub over the heads of the packed punters whilst the piano player hammered away at 'She's Getting Married In The Morning'

I was shoved into the boot of my mate's Ford Cortina estate and dumped at my parents house.
    The world just spinned and spinned and I spent most of the night calling God on the great white telephone.

I didn't know just how bad a hangover could be. Fortunately (unfortunately?)  my wedding wasn't the following day cos I was so ill I would never have made it to the registry office.

I promised myself 'never again' ... and fingers crossed have never gotten that bad since.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    Yep...Oozo in Greece :s
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    Student end of term party in a club 1998.  Pints of barley wine for £1.  
    Never been more ill before or after, and I've actually died (briefly) since.....
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    equalsql said:
    The stag night for my first marriage.
    I was 24 and an occasional drinker.  Spurred on by my 'mates' I drank 5 pints of Old Thumper and was so rat arsed that they carried me out of the pub over the heads of the packed punters whilst the piano player hammered away at 'She's Getting Married In The Morning'

I was shoved into the boot of my mate's Ford Cortina estate and dumped at my parents house.
    The world just spinned and spinned and I spent most of the night calling God on the great white telephone.

I didn't know just how bad a hangover could be. Fortunately (unfortunately?)  my wedding wasn't the following day cos I was so ill I would never have made it to the registry office.

I promised myself 'never again' ... and fingers crossed have never gotten that bad since.
    "Old Thumper" what an ace name for a beer.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    I've never had a hangover.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom