The worst hangover you ever had and what caused it ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    The night I met Mrs_bob. We were at a mutual friend's flat. There was a lot of Stella and some Baileys. There must have been other things too, but I have no idea what.

I ended up sleeping on his couch and woke up feeling like I'd been alternately kicked in the head and the kidneys by somebody who really didn't like me. I really wanted to puke but my mate had woken up, got in the shower and fallen asleep again, so the bathroom door was locked. Turns out my body only wanted me to feel like I needed to throw up, not to actually do it (because then I'd feel better). A painful walk to a pub for a large fried breakfast eventually got me back to feeling like a human.

Around the same time I remember a few nights drinking Southern Comfort, including one that involved me doing things a gentleman doesn't talk about halfway up a flight of stairs with a girl whose boyfriend was in the kitchen downstairs. That stuff seriously impairs my judgement, so I tend to avoid drinking it these days.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    Worst hangover is normally after buckfast. I once gigged in campbeltown which resulted in a party with plenty of buckie. Next day we had to make the trip to a gig in Perth... the worst journey of my life.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Nikko said:

17 years old, Snakebite & Black.

Jeeeeesus, ive never felt so rough for so long after drinking as I did for the 2 days after a few mates and myself decided to get bladdered at our local on said drink.

I remember walking down the stairs the following day and walking in on a conversation between my Mum and Dad who were discussing the possible origins of the big pink slimy puddle on the pathway underneath my bedroom window.

At Uni we called it a purple nasty, especially if you made it from K-Cider (about 8%) and Special Brew and kirsh.

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Nikko said:

17 years old, Snakebite & Black.

Jeeeeesus, ive never felt so rough for so long after drinking as I did for the 2 days after a few mates and myself decided to get bladdered at our local on said drink.

I remember walking down the stairs the following day and walking in on a conversation between my Mum and Dad who were discussing the possible origins of the big pink slimy puddle on the pathway underneath my bedroom window.

At Uni we called it a purple nasty, especially if you made it from K-Cider (about 8%) and Special Brew and kirsh.

Kronenbourg and Strongbow if I recall :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4703

Pisco Sour's in Peru.  Alcohol, altitude and raw egg - not a great mix.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    edited May 2017
    Im 47 now and drinks i cant be near include southern comfort, cider, malibu and pineapple, pernod and of course caffreys, one whiff of any of them and i feel ill.
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 982
    edited May 2017
    Im 47 now and drinks i cant be near include southern comfort, cider, malibu and pineapple, pernod and of course caffreys, one whiff of any of them and i feel ill.
    Like the man @bluechargeboy I involved myself in a drinking contest.

This was between two Sunday league teams. I dropped out after several rounds - the killer for me was downing a pint of Pernod - did it but couldn't continue. Others did and the battle was won when one of their mob ate a handful of cocktail sticks! 

Even the smell of Pernod/aniseed makes me queasy these days.

Isn't there some sort of bs about Pernod getting you p*ssed all over again the next day if you drink water? Is that real?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    edited May 2017
    Like the man @bluechargeboy I involved myself in a drinking contest.

This was between two Sunday league teams. I dropped out after several rounds - the killer for me was downing a pint of Pernod - did it but couldn't continue. Others did and the battle was won when one of their mob ate a handful of cocktail sticks! 

Even the smell of Pernod/aniseed makes me queasy these days.

Isn't there some sort of bs about Pernod getting you p*ssed all over again the next day if you drink water? Is that real?
    Well, you do know that half a bottle of scotch (and a few litres of scrumpy) in the morning after an acid comedown  = a renewed 5 hr acid trip.  

Note. This is not regular behaviour, was Glastonbury in the late 1980's after tent and possessions were stolen. Threw caution (and three sheets) to the wind.

The resulting hangover did make the top 20!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Visiting my cousin and her boyfriend who lived in Spain we went out on the first night.

A combination of lager, homemade mojitos, strongbow cider, whisky & sprite & Jagermeister shots did a job on me. I remember crouching down in front of my cousins house across the road from the beach on the pavement & puking by the kerb, a Jeep rolls by and stops, couple of the guys in it are talking to me in Spanish (which I can't speak) my cousin comes out of the house to the rescue & briefly speaks to them & they drive off.

That night I was undefeated on the Fusball table, but once the whisky & sprite & Jagermeister rounds started there was no more Fusball for me!

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Red Wine is a complete no go zone for me after the other halfs 40th birthday party, alledgely i walked  the 3 mile home along the Leeds- Liverpool Canal, 3 years later i still have no idea if this is true but i did wake up with trees in my hair and jacket so i didnt get a taxi. Thought i might die for 3 days afterwards. 

Last Xmas works party,free bar, pints of Guinness Jaeger Bombs were not my best idea, fell over, broke index finger on my left hand at the knuckle, still recovering from it now. Woke up the next day with a bust hand and felt like someone had removed my brain, dipped it in batter, deep fried it and then placed it back inside my head. shall never drink Jaeger again as long as i live 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited May 2017
    Sixth form boat trip. Group of us were drinking all day beforehand, mixing everything (wine, spirits, beer).  Finally got on the boat and had a few more beers, this tipped me over the edge (almost literally in fact) and I was chucking up over the side for the whole trip.

Worst hangover ever the next day, I was hallucinating for about 2 days. I can still remember what it felt like, makes me feel ill just thinking about it! 

Made the 10 pint session hangovers at university very tame in comparison.

Thinking about it, I probably lost quite a lot of brain cells that day, as my mental capacity seemed to peak at A level and uni was a struggle to keep up.
  • CHRISB50 said:

Any kind of Weissbeer just messes me up the next day.

When I was 14 or 15 I went on a binge with a mate. Between us we did a litre of cheap vodka, a bottle of red wine and a few cans of Stella. I didn't stop being sick for 2 days. My old man wouldn't take me to hospital to teach me a lesson, but I'm pretty sure I had alcohol poisoning. Fucking Stella! Evil stuff.

Wait, you were 14, had half a litre of vodka (that's roughly 200ml of ethanol), 350ml of red wine (around 42ml of ethanol) and a few cans of Stella (around 22ml per can of ethanol, 66ml ethanol total). 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Stella probably wasn't a major contributor to the fallout ;) 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Not a hang over perse, but I time I have no idea what happened. After a heavy night on the beer whilst at Uni, I walk out of the pub to go home. After about 1/2 hour I realize I'd walked in the wrong direction and sit myself down on a park bench next to the canal.
    Next thing I know I wake up in my halls. Not bad you think, BUT.
    a) I was in my Jim Jams (without my pants underneath) 
    b) All my clothes where neatly folded on my chair.

Now anybody who knows me, knows I would never neatly fold my clothes and stick em on a chair, I'm a kick 'em off in a pile on the ground kind of guy.

To this day I cannot remember anything.

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    The worst hangover I've ever had was after drinking a bottle of Bushmills Blackbush whiskey, it's aged in sherry casks and that's all I could taste the next day making me puke my ring up! 
    Tomorrow will be a good day.