The worst hangover you ever had and what caused it ?

What's Hot

Comments

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Cuba, few years back.
    Beers and white rum throughout the day just to finish with tequila at night. I was an absolute zombie all day, my missus didn't even make it out of bed until late afternoon. 
    Of course we were drinking again that night.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22140
    There are two. The first came the night I got my A-levels. I a bottle of Smirnoff Black neat and half a bottle of Bacardi neat. I have never been able to drink Bacardi since. Started drinking at 4pm. Collapsed by 7pm. Woke up at 5am for work. Ended up in the infirmary by 7am and spent the entire day there. 

The second would be at university in the second year. Some friends came up from the West Country. After six cans of cider, two pints of ale, two cans of Miller (don't ask) and 47 vodkas and orange from 6pm on a Thursday, I finally collapsed about 3am the following morning. Dragged home from the club, my friends placed me inside a bin bag in the lounge and left me there. I didn't move from the bin bag until 1pm. For 24 hours, I could only eat cold custard. It wasn't until the evening of Saturday that I could face alcohol again. 

Now I rarely drink. 

• StavrosStavros Frets: 336
    Drinking chilli shots on a work leaving do. I now have a piece of geography named after the occasion (Chunder Hill). Girl who left was also sick on her lap driving a Transit to London the next day, so it was a big night out!!
    I love my brick
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited May 2017
    Bottle of Gin and half a birthday cake made with sponge, fresh cream and covered in smarties - not a good combo... I recall the inside of someone's dustbin more than once...intimately...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Anybody remember thunder(chunder)bird. Usually the start of an evening out.
    And tactical chunder when you where bloated so you could drink some more
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    @themarlin Can you tell us anything of the other side? Or was it all darkness?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I've had two life-ending hangovers in my life:

1. At a mate's bar in Bondi I had 5 Long Island Ice Tea's. Each one was basically 1/4 bottle of pure spirit.
    I thought I was going to die.

2. Baileys and cream- didn't have that much but I think the cream curdled and I ended up in hospital. I've never touched Bailey's since and even though it was 20 years ago it still makes me queasy to think about it.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Anybody remember thunder(chunder)bird. Usually the start of an evening out.
    And tactical chunder when you where bloated so you could drink some more
    I have hazy memories of it.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• most ill I have been was on a few (unbeknown to me)off pints of Old Speckled Hen, I did not realise a body could hold so much sick for hours and hours and hours...

most blotto'd I have been (not telling it in a bragging cool way it was very selfish of me to waste so many hours of our great NHS resources).. 23 or so years ago I had a couple of bad months and I had stocked up some xmas booze, 24 cans of Red Stripe, bottle of JD, bottle of Stones.. well cut story short luckily I had turned the music up full blast and a copper was patrolling and heard it, I had got through all 24 cans, the bottle of JD and part of the ginger wine. I spent a couple of weeks in hospital and a fair few months aftercare.

It was really out of character for me which is probably why I hit it so hard.
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Works leaving do - had several pints and bottles of beer

plus about 3 tongy bombs - these are an evil concoction made by a bloke at the old place, it's essentially jagermeister 'n' redbull with 3 extra shots of vodka chucked in.

Jesus wept, me and my mate Sabers were dying the following morning. I recall waking up at 9pm in my garden. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    antifash said:
    @themarlin Can you tell us anything of the other side? Or was it all darkness?
    Nope, but I do see ghosts now. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am a veteran of many 'the morning afters' - I've had many stunning hangovers and have learnt over the years to appreciate and almost savour them. 

However, the worst morning afters are not caused by drink and drugs.

Its that crippling moment of semi conciseness when an ugly recollection penetrates your memory....... did that happen? did I do that? 

And you did. GRIM!!!!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22899
    About 30 years ago I spent about 7 weeks working away in Margate, in the winter when the town is completely dead - or at least it was in those days.  We got quite friendly with the hotel staff and would stay up late drinking with them.  One night I somehow put away most of a bottle of Jack Daniel's (which I thought was the cool thing to do because people like Nikki Sixx drank it).

I have no memory of going back to my room but the next morning I woke face down on the carpet.  I'd thrown up on one of those folding suitcase stands they have in hotels, leaving perfectly parallel lines of puke on the floor beneath it.  Made it down to breakfast but had to rush to the toilet - and didn't quite make it.  I threw up over three walls of the cubicle.

After that I didn't drink at all for several years, and it was at least 10 years before I could even smell JD without feeling sick.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    I don't drink anymore as I seem overly sensitive to it. As soon as I have even a mouthful of beer my arms start to go a bit numb and after a pint or 2 I just feel pretty unwell.

Keeping that in mind, when I was 21 I went out with a friend and had about 10 drinks, no consistency over type so I was having lager, shots of whisky, vodka red bull. Worst was some kind of home brewed cider that was about 9% and tasted of rotten apples.

I remember crying in the rain while my friend tried to carry me back to his. Not sure how I got home from there but I threw up in the toilet, waking my mum up who looked disgusted and asked why I wasn't wearing my own clothes.
    Next morning I woke up still pissed, couldn't find the watch that my dad had just bought me for my 21st birthday so he was fuming, stumbled to work still smelling like that cider.

Got home and my Dad told me that he'd found my watch. He'd rung round all the pubs in town asking if anyone had handed it in, before going in to my bedroom and finding it on my bedside table.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    Oh actually, another time at the work Christmas do I drank about 15 Desperados, called my supervisor a cunt, told a girl I worked with that I couldn't understand why everyone fancied her and then called in next day saying I was still wrecked and couldn't get in.

I was fired a few months later for accidentally giving someone a medium coke when they wanted small, but I'm sure that was a completely unrelated matter. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    In my first year at Uni I drank a massive amount of cider one night and had a hangover for two days. There was an after taste that lingered which kept making me throw up. It put me off cider for life.
    It's not a competition.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

17 years old, Snakebite & Black.

Jeeeeesus, ive never felt so rough for so long after drinking as I did for the 2 days after a few mates and myself decided to get bladdered at our local on said drink.

I remember walking down the stairs the following day and walking in on a conversation between my Mum and Dad who were discussing the possible origins of the big pink slimy puddle on the pathway underneath my bedroom window.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    My worst hangovers were in my late teens and very early 20s, and I rarely get bad ones these days...which is nice.

Went to a house party when I was 20 which lasted for about four days - unfortunately I could only last one as the first night I ended up swigging a whole bottle of red wine, some of this home made wine which was given to me, and about ten cans of the usual lager piss. Had a fair bit of the old green as well which didn't help. I woke up next morning at the same party and I just spent the whole day in the exact same position on an armchair literally unable to move. I must've looked like a corpse. Somebody kindly fed me water through a straw. I wasn't sick but good god...without a doubt the worst hangover headache I have ever had. It wasn't until about 7pm when I finally plucked up the courage to move and I got a lift home.
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    The Spanish Tequila Incident

On holiday with RAF mate and some of his colleagues. The tequila shots came after beating some Russians in an informal vodka-drinking contest, but for some reason it was the tequila and not the vodka that sticks in the mind...there were five of us, and I recall us scattering from the table as soon as the shots hit the stomachs. Three people threw up on the spot; I was one of the ones that managed to hold it down. Mistake. Good God.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    edited May 2017
    Downed a bottle of Clan Dew and half a bottle of rum at a party when I was about 17, beat some guy up from a cross the road and woke up covered in my mates piss with him on top of me. Dirty dirty dirty. Headache and puke for 2 days. Full of woe, self hate and remorse. Bleurgh.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"