You are what you eat..diet ? How's yours??

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Too much carb heavy stuff, cheese and caffeine. Fair amount of fruit, veg, fish and non meat protein ( quorn, tofu, pulses). Very little alcohol, not very much very fatty food ( ignoring the cheese for a second). 

Being too sedentary is the big issue and as I get older that's not getting any better. Anyway, off to use my 20 minute lunch break doing a walk FWIW.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2253
    Breakfast was one slice of toast. Snacks were three crackers, cheese but no butter, one banana, one orange. Lunch is a small salad. 

I'm used to eating a lot, so I try to snack on carrots, peanuts. 

Weekends it's curry, fry ups and chocolate. 
  • Yesterday was pretty typical for me:

Breakfast: Peanut Butter Porridge 
    Lunch: Chicken & Veggie Fajitas 
    Tea: Pea & Pesto Risotto

Snacks: I tend to go for dried fruit- I love dried Mango in particular. I rarely eat chocolate. 

Like everyone else I think I TRY to eat healthily, but could do with more fruit & veg in my diet.
    I've only really started eating veggies since my kids were born- I started out trying to set a good example, it's strangely become a habit now.
     @axisus I totally get that. I also used to have a massive block about vegetables (& some fruit to be honest). It was always texture and smell for me. Baby steps is the way to go, I started by blending veg into things like pasta sauce or fruit into a smoothie, then blending less so the chunks were bigger. I still can't stand cabbage or broccoli though. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    After eating and drinking crap since Christmas we've finally started on the long overdue health kick combined with regular exercise. 

Today is what will be a pretty typical day

Breakfast - Banana and pack of Belvits biscuit jobbies

Lunch - Greek style salad with ham and a yoghurt

Dinner - Salmon stir fry 

Snacks - a couple of apples

Oh and lots of water and coffee. 

Exercise - Insanity Max 30 - 3-4 times per week. 

Think im coming in around 1,300-1,500 cals per day before exercise so hoping to drop the body fat fairly quickly on this. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28650
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Sporky said:
    I have a drink or two four nights a week
    Do you not find that affects your mood?
    If I have more than that, definitely - I know I get snarkier. At the amount I drink now I don't think it makes a big difference, but I have reduced my intake a bit anyways.

It might be interesting to see if people can spot my drinky nights vs my not drinky nights.

What I did find really affected my mood was dehydration - not life-threatening, just not keeping my brain suitably moist. I get less able to make decisions (and certainly less able to make good ones) and I get annoyed by trivial things. I have solved that now by always (well, nearly always) having a bottle of water for sippin'.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    My diet is becoming increasingly more vegan; my girlfriend of almost a year now is vegan but has no problem with anyone else eating meat. I've been dairy free for a while due to fairly severe intolerance so I was halfway there already I guess, but some of the new vegan stuff (e.g. Asda on-brand vegan popcorn chicken and meatballs) is genuinely so good that I've just stopped buying meaty versions.

Cutting down on meat (and increasing veg intake) has given me so much more energy, I've felt far less lethargic particularly when at work. Haven't given up meat or trace dairy completely though as I don't feel that I have the available time to be super picky, but if given the option I'll usually choose meat-free.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Im 47, male, vegetarian and keen club cyclist who eats very healthily. 
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Late to the nutribullet fad, I have a smoothie for breakfast everyday which is basically my 5-a-day (and then some), greek yoghurt, and a bunch of things like chia seeds and almonds and protein powder to pep it up. It's really filling which amazed me, although by noon I'm really to actually chew something

Lunch is usually chicken salad, home made that morning. I use too much dressing because otherwise it tastes like, well, salad

Dinner is whatever the hell I fancy - pizza, kebab, fish n chips, usually washed down with booze. This normally cos I'm out - if sat in I'll have a sensible dinner of meat and veg

I also drink at least a litre of plain water per day, on top of whatever other stuff I drink

Basically my philosophy is to get all the good stuff down me early in the day before my body and brain conspire against me to make me crave all the sugary fatty crap, which it will if I wait till I'm hungry. I'm pretty lean as a result
    All practice and no theory
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    1888 calories.

170g protein
    70g fat
    140g carbs

I eat whatever I need to fit the above.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Bernard Manning: "We are what we eat.  And I'm a cunt".
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakfast = Oat So Simple Original sachet

lunch = 2-3 slices of bread with some form of meat, packet of crisps, Go Ahead yoghurt break

tea = usually a 3 egg omelette 
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited June 2017
    I have chronic fatigue/M.E, so I eat pretty clean these days. If I eat anything carb heavy like pizza, I feel like shit for days. 
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    I eat food, then food and some different food.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Im 47, male, vegetarian and keen club cyclist who eats very healthily. 
    When did The Fretboard become a dating site?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I eat relatively healthily, only having bacon once (sometimes twice) a week.

Breakfast is 1 bowl rice Krispies, and 2 slices of toast, with either jam or lemon curd.
    Lunch is 2x chicken rolls.
    Dinner is a piece of meat (Chicken breast, Pork Chop or Gammon steak usually) with either a few oven chips or mash.
    I do have biscuits in a tin in my office so with morning elevenses a biccie, but other than that no real snacks.

When out fishing I do get through a pack of cup-a-soup.

My diet is pretty limited due to Crohn's, so there's not much in the way of high fibre, or high fat or fried food.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• HoofHoof Frets: 494
    Today: 
    Breakfast: Bowl of Nestle Oats and Raisin, Coffee, Water.
    Mid Morning: Naked Pecan Nut Pie bar, coffee
    Lunch: Jacket spud filled with Chilli con Carne, coffee, water
    Dinner: Chirizo filled tortellini with tomato and Marscapone sauce
    Evening: 2 or 3 cans of Stella. I don't normally have more than 1 on a week night but fuck it, it's hot.

So I suppose not totally dreadful, but could be a lot better. I don't like eating fruit and the list of veg I like is pretty short but I do tend to avoid fizzy pop, crisps and sweets. I can't eat chocolate because it triggers migraines which is kinda lucky because when I could I'd have no problem at all in wolfing down 500g Bourneville bars.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4991
    At bedside: one Rich Tea biscuit and a half cup of milk.
    Breakfast: Weetabix and tea
    Mid morning: slice or two of bread and one tub yoghurt.
    Lunch: meat salad and tea
    Dinner: meat, veg and potatoes, tea afterwards and a piece of chocolate or a Digestive biscuit.
    Supper: Digestive biscuit and a half cup of milk.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4991
    Question: how many Rennies, Gaviscon etc. do you consume each week?  Any number greater than zero, means that you are eating the wrong food.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• HoofHoof Frets: 494
    None. But sometimes if I drink very rich/dark beers I'll get woken up by an acid reflux in the night. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Rocker said:
    Question: how many Rennies, Gaviscon etc. do you consume each week?  Any number greater than zero, means that you are eating the wrong food.

Or you have bowel condition.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom