You are what you eat..diet ? How's yours??

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
How's your diet generally? Do you eat healthily or do you feast on junk? Do you opt for the middle of the road...ie bit of both? Do you Bing on fry ups? Cakes...sugary stuff? Beer? How do we eat here folks? Veggies? Vegans? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I eat gluten free due to having Coeliac disease.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17661
    tFB Trader
    For ages it's been fairly religiously:

Nothing for breakfast, muesli for lunch, normal dinner + loads of diet coke and too much sweets and alcohol after dinner.

Recently moved to:
    No breakfast, salad for lunch (no carb spike), normal dinner and no diet coke or sweets.

I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy the lack of diet coke :( 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

Your brain will.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/04/20/diet-fizzy-drinks-linked-dementia-stroke/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    Drew_TNBD said:

Your brain will.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/04/20/diet-fizzy-drinks-linked-dementia-stroke/
    "The nature of the study means they cannot prove a causal link between diet drinks and dementia"
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    Today was a typical food day for me:

Breakfast: sugar free muesli, fresh blueberries, raspberries, 2 cups of coffee
    Lunch: Chicken soup, large salad
    Dinner: Hamburger with kimchi and a big salad
    Snacks: fresh fruit and 3 oat cakes.

Exercise: I did 2 hours of drumming.
  • I went on the primal blueprint diet.... about a year ago. Lost three stone without exercise. Feel great on it to be honest, lots of energy and almost got a six pack.

The gist of the diet is really lowering your carb intake to about 150g or less a day and encouraging your body to burn fat by eating healthy natural fats.

I have a pretty huge cooked breakfast alternating between blood pudding, sausage (90%) ,bacon, eggs, avocado, cottage cheese and mushrooms in butter.

If I'm hungry at lunch (I'm usually not) I'll have salad or just a piece of fruit.

Then dinner Ill alternate between curry, steak, roast chicken, pork belly along with veg or quinoa.

For snacks I'll have 85% dark choc and blueberries or raspberries.

Ill have the very occasional treat such as a takeaway every few months.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited June 2017

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Nothing for breakfast, muesli for lunch, normal dinner + loads of diet coke and too much sweets and alcohol after dinner.

Recently moved to:
    No breakfast, salad for lunch (no carb spike), normal dinner and no diet coke or sweets.

The old saying: Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, Dine like a Pauper. You need your breakfast so do yourself a favour and eat something as soon as possible after getting out of bed.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17661
    tFB Trader
    Rocker said:
    For ages it's been fairly religiously:

Recently moved to:

The old saying: Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, Dine like a Pauper. You need your breakfast so do yourself a favour and eat something as soon as possible after getting out of bed.

Just because it's an old saying doesn't make it true. 

There is no evidence that eating at specific times of day has any impact on health and making people eat breakfast if they don't naturally want to has been shown to make them gain weight:

https://examine.com/nutrition/is-it-really-that-bad-to-skip-breakfast/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    Fairly balanced, generally plenty of veg with dinner, and we've been making an effort to go vegetarian 1-2 days per week, we have fish 1-2 days per week and have a takeaway roughly every 10 days.
    Not enough fruit in my diet.
    As for sweet things, I tend to prefer nuts as snacks as I like savoury things better.
    I tend not to keep much alcohol in the house but would have maybe a bottle of wine a month spread out over 2-3 evenings, or 3-4 beers a month.

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    I eat pizza and chips and kebabs and drink beer every single night of the week at the same time as snorting 12 lines of covfefe and then I come on here and realize I'm still healthier than 99% of you.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    I eat what the fuck I like whenever the fuck I like it.

Yeah, I'm a fat cunt but I just checked, and it turns out I don't give a shit!!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I'm embarrassed by my diet. I eat no veg. The look and smell of the stuff makes me want to hurl, I have a MASSIVE psychological barrier.

I also love crap food. chicken burgers etc. but I try to not go too mad on that stuff.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    My diet is fairly varied. I drink too much beer to maintain a healthy weight if I didn't exercise, I sometimes eat beige meals with no veg and I sometimes eat loads of veg. We're having to be careful at the moment as we were in A&E for 6 hours recently (9pm til 3am, lovely), so that our 12yo daughter could be given the all-clear from appendicitis and be told she has a "blockage" and please eat better. It's the amount of peripheral crap she eats, I think she has a tray bake and a cookie for lunch at school and eats all the crisps as soon as we buy them.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I still eat a fried breakfast five mornings a week but the rest of our meals are mainly rice/ fish/ chicken & vegetables, we go through a huge amount of veggies in a week for roasted/steamed or stir fried dishes.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Unhealthy vegetarian. New medication is causing weight gain. Eating more protein and vegetables than before but I have a lot of things I need to stop eating.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    All home-cooked but sometimes not very healthy home-cooked. I sometimes snack but usually only if I'm feeling thin. One of my current hobbies is fudge-making which is about as unhealthy as you can get.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I don't follow any specific diet but I aim to eat healthy most of the time. A typical day is porridge/toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and a meat and veg combo for dinner.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• SporkySporky Frets: 28651
    Breakfast is a thin bagel with grilled bacon and a cup of coffee. This is the result of a long series of experiments with breakfast, and results in my mood being stable right through until lunch.

Lunch depends. Today I had a burger with pickles and relish and cheese. If I'm out I usually have something in a wrap.

Dinner also varies, but generally fairly low carbs and with lots of vegetables.

I have a drink or two four nights a week (half a bottle of wine or a couple of beers), I eat biscuits and Maoam as rewards for finishing bits of work, but only two biscuits and one Maoam a day tops.

I've lost a stone and a half in a year, which I think is 80% diet and 20% all the dog walking. I may be overestimating the contribution of the dog walking.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    I have a drink or two four nights a week
    Do you not find that affects your mood?