Should she go?

What's Hot

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    thomasw88 said:
    Freebird said:
    Fretwired said:
    Freebird said:
    Nice idea, but May is a sociopath, so it will never happen.

Besides, I heard a rumour that she will be negotiating on behalf of the City of London, and not for our benefit.
    How does that work? The election has made up bankers minds .. they're starting to leave.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-banks-idUKKBN19321I

Don't you think it was odd how May became PM? She just stood still and said very little, while all those around her fell on their swords. It does seem like she was the chosen one, and why is she so desperate to remain in her current position as PM?

http://marketors.org/congratulations-liveryman-prime-minister/
    she had an incredibly supportive media - they were punting this solid, stable leader bollocks about her constantly, despite the fact her record as a politican is really rather crap.
    Very true, but it did work with some. I spoke to a number of people during the campaign who just seemed to be unquestioningly parroting the strong and stable crap and when I challenged them on it, they could not expand on the point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23113

The Tories can produce a White Knight candidate to sweep in and "save" the day.

It's almost worth it to see Boris on horseback...
    It'll have to be a carthorse to carry the fat fuck.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Fretwired said:
    May's made a clever move. Involving Labour in the Brexit negotiations which he's welcomed. Won't be easy for him to bring the government down now.
    Got a link for that ? If she has, well played !!! I can't believe Corbyn fell for it !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23113
    Fretwired said:
    May's made a clever move. Involving Labour in the Brexit negotiations which he's welcomed. Won't be easy for him to bring the government down now.
    What's she said about involving Labour in the Brexit negotiations?  All I'm reading today is that the Tories are still busy in talks with the DUP.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Philly_Q said:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jalapeno said:
    Fretwired said:
    Got a link for that ? If she has, well played !!! I can't believe Corbyn fell for it !

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-conservatives-cross-party-talks-soft-brexit-hung-parliament-theresa-may-a7786946.html

Here's one
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Jalapeno said:
    Fretwired said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-conservatives-cross-party-talks-soft-brexit-hung-parliament-theresa-may-a7786946.html

Here's one
    I'd heard about that - thought it was Remain backbenchers doing a bit of "freelancing" didn't realise it was party policy
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    Philly_Q said:

Not the first posh filly that Boris has mounted. 

Philly_Q said:

Not the first posh filly that Boris has mounted. 

But probably the best looking..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4656
    You can see the horse thinking. "Fuck me, who's that fat heavy bastard on my back"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You can see the horse thinking. "Of all the fucking blonde haired fat idiots you could have chosen, why did you give me the most clumsy and irritating? FFS"
    Freebird said:
    Don't you think it was odd how May became PM? She just stood still and said very little, while all those around her fell on their swords. It does seem like she was the chosen one, and why is she so desperate to remain in her current position as PM?

She isn't so desperate to remain. She was talked out of quitting. 

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4656
    I think she will be gone within a year.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72660
    Fretwired said:
    I don't see why it makes any difference. He can't bring the government down now anyway, the numbers don't work without a very substantial Tory rebellion or breakaway, which is unlikely.

What it does do is confirm him as a credible leader of the Opposition, which May has been trying to say he isn't for two years.

Advantage Corbyn, I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:
    I don't see why it makes any difference. He can't bring the government down now anyway, the numbers don't work without a very substantial Tory rebellion or breakaway, which is unlikely.

What it does do is confirm him as a credible leader of the Opposition, which May has been trying to say he isn't for two years.

No, it means he will actually have to make his mind up about what Brexit actually means. No more woolly positioning or disagreements within the Labour party.

They now have to pin their colours to the mast and say exactly what they want.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72660
    Bridgehouse said:

No, it means he will actually have to make his mind up about what Brexit actually means. No more woolly positioning or disagreements within the Labour party.

They have - the question is if it's acceptable to the EU.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Pages 23-29. Labour 2017 manifesto. Compare that to pages 35-37 of the Conservative counterpart. One breaks it down: the other use 'strong and stable leadership' within the second sentence. Like the overall campaign, it's really light on actual detail. I understand why critics say that Labour can promise anything and get away with it, not that I agree with that entirely, but there's such a lack of detail in that Conservative manifesto about Brexit. 

As for woolly positioning and disagreements... I think it's safe to say that it's not the party in red who are facing the bulk of that right now. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26757
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:

All the Opposition need to do is effectively critique the sitting government's approach to Brexit - they can hardly be expected to do that in detail when the government's approach essentially comes down to a single slogan.

I could even accept it if May & co came out and explicitly said, "Look, we've got a plan and we've got a damn good idea of exactly how we're going to go about this - we just don't want to weaken our negotiating position by making it all public", but they just seem to be keeping schtum on it, just like everything else.
    <space for hire>
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited June 2017
    thomasw88 said:
    Freebird said:
    Fretwired said:
    Freebird said:
    Nice idea, but May is a sociopath, so it will never happen.

Besides, I heard a rumour that she will be negotiating on behalf of the City of London, and not for our benefit.
    How does that work? The election has made up bankers minds .. they're starting to leave.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-banks-idUKKBN19321I

she had an incredibly supportive media - they were punting this solid, stable leader bollocks about her constantly, despite the fact her record as a politican is really rather crap.
    Her career as a politician and her activities as a Liveryman in the City of London seem to share a similar timeline. It's probably just a coincidence though.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited June 2017
    Freebird said:

She isn't so desperate to remain. She was talked out of quitting. 
    Do you really believe that? I wouldn't believe anything coming out of the Conservative Party right now, they are in damage limitation mode.

The morning after the election, Theresa May stood outside No.10 and told us how she was still going to continue with her plans to remove human rights, censor free speech, and conduct military action in Syria and Iraq.

She definitely didn't come across as somebody who was thinking about quitting their position. In fact, she was acting as though nothing had happened.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom