Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6907
    equalsql said:
    Plugin Alliance $24.99 for pretty much all plugins!

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html
    That deal finished yesterday.
    Their Xmas Sale started today.... ;)  
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17653
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    joeyowen said:
    Sounds Toys sale is now live

Also reduced upgrades, so if you get the free Radiator, it's only a $19 upgrade to the full!  Win!

Also if you get the Free Little Radiator they give you an extra discount on the full bundle because you are an existing customer :D

Anyone use Soundtoys and rate them?

I'm kind of tempted even though I just bought the Arturia FX3

They are ex-Eventide folk.

Never knew that...do love those plugs. 

I bought it. 

It's very good although I didn't "need" it as the Arturia collection is very good. 

I also bought Fabfilter L2 as I don't really like Izotope Ozone and I'm super impressed with that so far.

You can tell they are ex Eventide folks as a few of the plugins like the widener and formant processor are based on Eventide tech.

Eventide had a bunch of stuff on sale in the Black Friday sales.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's quite a good deal on Modo Max at the moment. If you've puchased IK products in that past, it's worth logging on and checking what deal you can get.

I was looking to upgrade Modo Bass to Modo Bass 2 and found I could get Modo Max (Modo Bass 2 plus Modo Drums 1.5) for only 99.99 euros, plus I had some Jampoints which brought it down to 86.99 euros.

It's not a competition.
  • SiejenSiejen Frets: 33
    edited December 2022
    Nembrini Vox AC30 plug in is $19.99 with code
    VOICE1999
    I have their Dumble style plug in and it’s ace. 
    Worked out at £17.01 on PayPal 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33821
    It would be for vocal or guitar harmonies - my timing is notoriously all over the place as I'm a solo pianist at heart so I can pull the timing around as much as I like and call it "rubato". It's fine when I'm singing/playing solo with no precise timing required as it just sounds expressive (or I pretend to myself that it does). I love writing harmonies but never record them as I don't have the timing ability to get them right. I love the sounds of Jacob Collier in particular, and the millions of doubles on Billie Eilish's stuff, was thinking that some tight close vocal harmonies would add something new and interesting to my recordings but i don't have time to retrain myself to sing in time haha
    Sorry I missed this.
    You can't really get that with a plugin without also doing loads of work on the vocals.
    The plugins are good but they are not going to make it sound like that.

I don't know anything about Billy Eillish.
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    It would be for vocal or guitar harmonies - my timing is notoriously all over the place as I'm a solo pianist at heart so I can pull the timing around as much as I like and call it "rubato". It's fine when I'm singing/playing solo with no precise timing required as it just sounds expressive (or I pretend to myself that it does). I love writing harmonies but never record them as I don't have the timing ability to get them right. I love the sounds of Jacob Collier in particular, and the millions of doubles on Billie Eilish's stuff, was thinking that some tight close vocal harmonies would add something new and interesting to my recordings but i don't have time to retrain myself to sing in time haha
    Sorry I missed this.
    You can't really get that with a plugin without also doing loads of work on the vocals.

Billy Eillish sometimes does multi tracked harmonies, but sometimes it's done with Sound Toys little Alter Boy to make pitch shifted harmonies.
    tFB Trader
    Fabfilter is on sale again

https://www.fabfilter.com/

Picked up Q-2 and C-2 

Both bloody fantastic. Remixed one of my tracks and already think it sounds much better. 
  • i love q-2
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    tFB Trader
    i love q-2

Yeah, I don't use EQ as much as I should, but I just find Q-2 really lovely and intuitive to work with.
  • equalsql said:
    Plugin Alliance $24.99 for pretty much all plugins!

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html
    + 20% VAT ?
  • Plus VAT, but once you work out the conversion from dollars to sterling it’s normally around the same. 
  • Plus VAT, but once you work out the conversion from dollars to sterling it’s normally around the same. 
    thanks Macca, good to know that was what others were seeing too :-)
    ($25 + vat = $30 == about £25)
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2201
    edited December 2022
    It's probably been mentioned but Amplitube 5 Max is currently going for 99 euros. Which is a bargain.

It's not a competition.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    After much looking I eventually went for the full Output pack with all the Fx and expansions….I’m convinced it will produce hit after Hit !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9851
    edited December 2022
    octatonic said:
    Sorry I missed this.

Billy Eillish sometimes does multi tracked harmonies, but sometimes it's done with Sound Toys little Alter Boy to make pitch shifted harmonies.
    Thanks both, I see what you mean Oct but I'm not necessarily hoping to sound like Collier as such, just that I enjoy really tight homophonic harmony and thought the Vocalign would be good to tighten up the timing. I used to write vocal and piano based harmony stuff a lot as a kid/early 20s and i was good at it but couldn't sing then, and then I got into music where harmony was not cool and sounded cheap and trashy. I'm doing more of it with piano with my recent wedding playing, and finding I'm naturally one of the styles I'm doing without thinking is this homophonic (edit, I will need to be more careful typing that word in future!) chordal harmony along to the rhythm, so I'd like to encourage myself.

The demos seem to do that, putting two or three parts really close together in rhythm. Perhaps my name dropping of specific sounding singers meant I didn't explain myself very well.

I'm pretty sure I have one of the Alter Boy things Monq, from a previous black Friday thing, so I'll have a little look into that
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • @thecolourbox you win typo of the month! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha!!!! I'll blame Covid brain. Very good spot
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Audio Assault usually have some sort of sale but this code gets Re-amp studio for $9.99. enter reamp-92-off at checkout

https://audioassault.mx/collections/plugins/products/reamp
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Amplitube Mesa Boogie 2 is on offer for $29.99. Plus you can use any jam points you have for up 30% off the price.

I got Amplitube 5 Max in an offer last month but it didn't include Mesa Boogie 2. Worth completing the collection for that low price.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    Amplitube Mesa Boogie 2 is on offer for $29.99. Plus you can use any jam points you have for up 30% off the price.

I got Amplitube 5 Max in an offer last month but it didn't include Mesa Boogie 2. Worth completing the collection for that low price.

Thanks.  I did the same only to find that loads of the patches I tried needed that pack.  Just bought it