Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    Bezzer said:
    I just can't get excited by the Neural approach ... they initially sound like they'll be really flexible but they aren't.  Very expensive (compared to other modelling software) for what you get.  And seem to utterly abuse processor load.  And you can't use the FX from one with the Amps from another so if you want that you're running 2 with elements turned off ...

I guess if one did what you want, that's great.  But if you start buying Abasi, Plini, Cory Wong and Rabea to get a wide range of tones, than parallax for bass, you're looking at £600!

When Helix Native is £300, Amplitube is £240, BIAS is £350 ....

Yes, the Neural stuff sounds decent but is it enough better (in a mix) to be worth spending nearly double the amount to get a lot less choice.  I get it if you find one that works and that's it ... but maybe that's just me. (It almost certainly is, they seem to be doing quite weel)
    My thoughts exactly.

Ive got a couple of them but always end up going back to helix.

NDSP have been very clever with the concept though - they’ve seen the HUGE amount of people on social media demanding good presets from other people for all the platforms going back to the original Axe FX and the Kemper. They want presets, either paid or free and as a result they never learn how to use their own equipment. They just want a library of tones to flip through.

Neural have managed to turn that apathy / laziness / lack of time into a USP and charge through the nose for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Thing is though...althiugh it works out more expensive
    ..Neural DSP sounds better to my ears than helix or amplitude by a long way. Bias is just a fucking joke.

I only have 3 though and tbh could get by with only parallax and gojira.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Thing is though...althiugh it works out more expensive
    ..Neural DSP sounds better to my ears than helix or amplitude by a long way. Bias is just a fucking joke.

I only have 3 though and tbh could get by with only parallax and gojira.
    If you can work with it and gives you the sounds you need then yeah, of course, job done. And i think that was sort of my point.

I’ve tried them all but I do SO MANY different things … for myself and for the work I do … that none of them allow me the flexibility. I like an amp in Abasí … but want the OD from Plini and the phaser from … etc

They do sound good, of course, but I think in a mix I could match everything in Helix and have a lot more tonal options if needed.

As I said, it clearly works, and maybe my sonic requirements in a more frequently professional environment mean their limitations outweigh their advantages 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    All that said, the arpegiator in the rabea genuinely gives it something different and useful so may be worth a look
    Bezzer said:
    All that said, the arpegiator in the rabea genuinely gives it something different and useful so may be worth a look
    Rabea is quite fun I feel like the synth options are best for doubling a guitar line or as ambience as theyre not quite quick enough for a lot of things. For a separate synth line its not going to displace serum, absynth or massive for me. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    I do enjoy the fuzzes in rabea too actually. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    Soundtoys 50% off on upgrades - I only have (the free) one and can get the other 21 for $239

Soundtoys: Plug-in Some Attitude.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    edited September 2022
    Bod said:
    It's that time again - Native Instruments' Summer of Sound.  50% off updates and upgrades.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/summer-of-sound-2022/
    Komplete 14 has been announced for release later this month.  Interestingly it includes some third-party plugins for the first time, including Izotope Ozone 10 Standard.
  • They're not really third-party as they're now part of the same family of brands called "Soundwide".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Interesting and looks very nice, prob sounds very nice
    but the price is a WTF from me…!

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/plug-ins/guitarstrip

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Bod said:
    Bod said:
    It's that time again - Native Instruments' Summer of Sound.  50% off updates and upgrades.

Komplete 14 has been announced for release later this month.  Interestingly it includes some third-party plugins for the first time, including Izotope Ozone 10 Standard.
    I got the 13 Ultimate upgrade a while ago, for a bit of a steal in one of their sales. 14 doesn't look worth it, for users of 13. I imagine 15 will be worth the outlay though. Usually with NI, Komplete goes like this - upgrades of at least two versions higher is worth the money. 14 is just a bit of a tweak on 13.

Soundtoys - I bought the full lot in the last sale. For anyone wobbling, it's fantastic. Everything just sounds brilliant. Hard to say exactly why, but every plugin sounds more "real". The effect rack is cracking too - I use it on every master chain. Warms everything up very nicely. 
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    Snap said:
    Bod said:
    Bod said:

I got the 13 Ultimate upgrade a while ago, for a bit of a steal in one of their sales. 14 doesn't look worth it, for users of 13. I imagine 15 will be worth the outlay though. Usually with NI, Komplete goes like this - upgrades of at least two versions higher is worth the money. 14 is just a bit of a tweak on 13.
    I tend to only upgrade every other version for that very reason.  I also have 13 Ultimate but there's a lot in 14 that I like the look of, so I may take the plunge in the annual Summer of Sound discount period.  The expansions add no real value for me, I just don't use them. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Bod said:
    Snap said:
    Bod said:
    Bod said:

I tend to only upgrade every other version for that very reason.  I also have 13 Ultimate but there's a lot in 14 that I like the look of, so I may take the plunge in the annual Summer of Sound discount period.  The expansions add no real value for me, I just don't use them. 
    Oh ,see now you've got me stewing on this.......ha!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://www.spitfireaudio.com/pages/free-instruments

Big fan of the BBC Orchestra one. Not normally sounds I would think of using. For me theyre great for a bit of a break from what I usually mess around with, quality is brilliant as well
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• iZotope Neoverb is on sale for £27 at Pluginboutique at the moment.

I've already got loads of reverbs but at that price I couldn't resist.

It's not a competition.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    Waves have a sale on ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    mrkb said:
    Waves have a sale on ;)
    When don't they?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    Waves have a sale on ;)

I know, I got all of my (large collection of) iZotope plugins through various deals :)

It's not a competition.
  • Up to 50% off sale at https://bogrendigital.com
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....