What's the strangest thing that has ever happened to you?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I used to see things as a kid, the last time I was 11 or 12 and saw a beekeeping outfit hung on an allotment shed door lift its head up, turn and look right at me. 
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    and just remembered,again when i was in the airforce, was late one morning. got in the shite  (the military don't 'do' late), when i got back to my accomodation, the hour hand on my alarm clock was bent out at a ninety degree angle, give or take a degree, and the minute hand had obviously stuck, so the clock had effectively stopped. had happened at about 4am, no idea to this day what caused one of the two hands, made of aluminium, to suddenly bend. everyone i showed it to was freaked out...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5866
    Saw something slightly unnerving yesterday. Me and my mate had just come out of the tile shop and we went back to the car parked round the back, those backstreets are pretty deserted.

Right beside his car was a young bloke just standing bolt upright facing the wall in a corner, right up to the wall, he was completely silent and still, just like in Blair Witch. He wasn't having a piss and didn't look ill or hurt. No reaction from him when we were there, like we didn't exist.

Nothing was damaged on the car or tampered with. We wondered what to do but we just got in the car and went, it was freakish.

Obviously felt sorry for him, but how do you approach someone in that situation? He might have been out of it on something, so we thought better of it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited July 2017
    holnrew said:
    I used to see things as a kid, the last time I was 11 or 12 and saw a beekeeping outfit hung on an allotment shed door lift its head up, turn and look right at me. 
    Total BS! You were watching Candyman!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    boogieman said:

Last week, I phoned the surgery for a GP's appointment. Not only did they answer the phone, but they gave me an appointment to see my own GP in an hour's time!

Oh come on! Admit it, you made that up didn't you? 

You have no idea what it's like trying to be one of the 'In Crowd'. Constantly ridiculed and rejected. Anyone would think I was Emp, or something.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24429
    Oy!  I am here you know!!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Emp_Fab said:
    Oy!  I am here you know!!
    Who said that??
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    I don't believe in Ghosts. 

However, on more than one occasion I've found myself literally running out of the old restaurant I used to supervise, typically on my own, 1-2am upstairs in the warren of rooms id hear the stereo switch on or wine bottle smash, candles would be lit when I know for goddamn sure I put them out etc. 

All that would have me panting on the street outside, my heart going like the clappers. 

I hate old buildings. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    Around 1988 I worked in a print shop in town and used get the bus to work, every morning I would walk across a car park and down a little alley to the shop. For a few weeks and then occasionally after that I used to see a man standing and rubbing his finger in the cement between bricks of a wall in the alley, every morning, just stood there with his face a few inches from the wall rubbing away at the grouting with his finger. 

Very strange!

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5866
    I was shoving a couple of Mints into my gob the other day. The very second I did this, a car of the same name drove past me.

A Fiat Tic-Tac.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1850
    I like to change lyrics in songs. I'd been annoying the kids by singing "I'm just a trucker from spain," in place of "I'm just sucker for pain," which was a line from a recent pop song. Then, a while later, the song came on the radio and I had just launched into my alternate lyrics, we saw a Spanish plated lorry. Not strange really, but it amused us.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3325
    edited July 2017
    Nothing that impressive but this did surprise me. I remember being in Andertons a few years back and it was early one morning and The Captain and Chappers were busy running around the place, filming etc. I've just looked back at an opening sequence from that time and sugar me plums missus, I'm in it at zero and 6 seconds

In keeping with some of the other thread posts, of late, my recently deceased father has been "returning" and taking cakes and pastries (my mum claims she knows how many were on the plate and some are missing). Chomp away and enjoy Dad

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    edited July 2017
    I don't have any ghost stories, just a strange one for me which can probably be easily explained. I was driving home from a mates house on a snowy evening into our small quiet village. As I approached I could see a warm orange glow in the air which I thought was odd.  Turning into my street I saw there was a car on fire, just parked up against the curb a few houses down. So after calling the fire services I did what any good photographer would and took a load of photos then tried to send them into the local paper for money if there was a story to go with it. Never did find out what caused the fire though. It was a very quiet village where you wouldn't expect it to have been arson or anything like that.

Only other weird thing was standing outside with a friend having a smoke. We were looking into the night sky and both saw about 12 bright lights (like really bright yellow stars) all appear in a straight line, move along for a few seconds kinda like a shooting star (but with no trail), then disappeared. 

My mate had a scarier story. It was around Halloween and he was driving home through the country lanes. He passed a young girl walking along the side of the road dressed up in an old school outfit. As it was that time of year he didn't think too much of it until he got home and realised she was out there by herself, 2ish miles each way from the nearest town.
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    My friend saw someone in another car doing the jumpy head-vibrating thing from Jacob's Ladder, once, while she was driving us round Hyde Park Corner. I was amazed that she didn't crash, especially because she was also tripping at the time. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10894
    Probably ten pin bowling with The Darkness
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom