Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    edited July 2017
    Does anyone know what time Quad opens? Tried ringing them and just getting answerphone. Left a message but no call back yet :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    I would love to come along if possible...
    ... Either way you're going, I don't want you to miss this.

That's an exceptionally kind offer @Alnico , thank you...
    but that would be miles out of your way, and you are going to be so busy with all you have taken on in helping to organise this.  It would be far more than a "swing by", although you would be very welcome to stop over.   So, a very generous offer, but not at all practical, so I will have to gracefully decline.

Hopefully some other kind soul a bit (a lot !) more local will be coming along and won't mind a bit of company for the journey.

It is early days for this, and I love the enthusiasm shown so far, so let's see where it goes to.

I too would love not to miss this, so massive thanks to both you and Bridgehouse for organising it  :)
    Chris,

It's not THAT far out of my way to come and get you but it does make a little more sense if Jase can pick you up because he's coming to and from that direction.
    See what happens but Im sure we can fix it up somehow.
    Crikey, this is getting big. Starting to wonder if even Quad has the room for this lot! :D
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this gets filed under "Nice problems to have" :)
    I agree.
    So we're bringing quite a few people along for a Jam?
    Ok, well they have a cafe which will do a lot of business and we know the building has plenty of room. It brings in a lot of potential future custom from people who may want studio time and we're a friendly bunch of people.

When @Bridgehouse eventually gets through to them he can ask/warn them that there'll be maybe around 30 people (That's a total guess at this point) coming along but at this point, I personally don't see why they'd have any issue with that.

Let's see how it transpires and roll with it for now.
    I have to shoot back out right now to do something so I'll get this list of attendees done by around tea time, There's no rush but I'll get it all done later today. For now, the thread is keeping a log of those attending and so far, @Bridgehouse hasn't even got through to them on the phone yet. Maybe they're closed on Mondays?

Let's see.

Back later.
    :)

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I will be there because I've been told too!
    ennspek said:
    I will be there because I've been told too!
    About time too!
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2557
    Proper gutted. Would have loved to join you guys as I have confidence issues playing in front of others and this would have been the perfect event to do that. However, I am going on a motorbike trip in September and it sets off on... you guessed it, 2nd September. Have fun all of you that attend!
    cruxiform said:
    Proper gutted. Would have loved to join you guys as I have confidence issues playing in front of others and this would have been the perfect event to do that. However, I am going on a motorbike trip in September and it sets off on... you guessed it, 2nd September. Have fun all of you that attend!
    Don't worry I'm sure there will be others!
    cruxiform said:
    Sorry you can't make it Rob!

As @Bridgehouse says there'll be others.
    It's been too long since we did this and I'm sure there'll be a lot who can't make it this time who'd like to go another time.
    I won't try to plan too far ahead, I found out in 2015 that doing that can backfire but we'll make the best job of this one that we can and then see if we can't put one together for the end of the year.

I'm just back home now so once I've attached a new bag of coffee to my IV drip, I'll get onto the list of 'Jammy Gits' as you're all now unofficially known as.
    :)
    Quad Studios is booked for Saturday September 2nd.

Our booking is from 12 - 5 and we are in The Theatre.

I have paid - the session cost is £80, so that's £8 each for the booking - I'll PM each confirmed attendee later on with details of how you can PPG me, once @Alnico has done an updated list. 
    Our booking includes Drums and Bass amp etc. including PA for Vocals.

Just need you lot to bring guitars, amps, FX, tea towels, deckchairs, comfy cushions, bean bags, fishing rods or whatever other crap you want ;)

I might bring some harmonicas just to annoy the crap out of you all..
    And just to confirm, all funds (£8 each) above the first 10 will be passed on to the Fretboard Paypal account to swell the coffers a bit..
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I might bring my travel cajon just to annoy anyone with a harmonica

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    I might bring my travel cajon just to annoy anyone with a harmonica
    You can bring your chicken based spicy food anywhere you like mate.. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    edited July 2017
    Ok, I'm really tempted to come along.  Haven't been learning long and have never dared to play in front of anyone (except my tutor and kids - one because he's getting paid to and the others because they have no choice) so dead nervous about this.

I live down in Berkshire so would be happy to offer a lift if anyone needs one along the way.  Have a decent sized car so could help with transporting stuff too (route likely to be M40 and then across).

Now I just need to pluck up the courage to say 'yes'.  Apologies for this post which is just me verbalising what I'm thinking!
    Vinylfan said:
    Ok, I'm really tempted to come along.  Haven't been learning long and have never dared to play in front of anyone (except my tutor and kids - one because he's getting paid to and the others because they have no choice) so dead nervous about this.

I live down in Berkshire so would be happy to offer a lift if anyone needs one along the way.  Have a decent sized car so could help with transporting stuff too (route likely to be M40 and then across).

Now I just need to pluck up the courage to say 'yes'.  Apologies for this post which is just me verbalising what I'm thinking!
    It might just be the best £8 you've ever spent....
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I'm able to offer lifts from West Yorkshire / Huddersfield area if anyone wants to split fuel costs. Plenty of room in my car for gear too. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26627
    Vinylfan said:

No need to be nervous. There will be some amazing players there, and there will be some not-so-amazing players - it really doesn't matter, because we've all been there and I can honestly say it's the most supportive environment you'll come across for for popping your cherry.

Hell, you don't even have to play if you don't want to.
    <space for hire>
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    edited July 2017
    Vinylfan said:

Ok, I'm in!  

Can I make some suggestions for a couple of songs - Learning to Fly and Tougher Than the Rest?  Not too fussed if they don't make the list though.

Happy to offer a lift if needed.  There is also a harmonica and a tambourine lying around...

Promise to be nice....
    edited July 2017
    Ok,

Here is the List of 'Jammy Gits' with Current Status.
    If you're going please PM @Bridgehouse and he will arrange your £8 contribution with you directly.
    So, in no particular order, those who are so far definitely going are:

1. @octatonic
    2. @Ennspek
    3. @The_Jaffa
    4. @TheOtherDennis
    5. @WezV
    6. @Flink_Poyd
    7. @DigitalScream
    8. @Strangefan
    9. @Strumjoughlamps
    10. @LegionReturns
    11. @Monofin
    12. @MarkBlagdon
    13. @Darthed1981
    14. @Pablo
    15. @TTony
    16. @Roland
    17. @Not_The_DJ
    18. @Antifash
    19. @Horse
    20. @TADodger
    21. @Fandango
    22. @Impmann
    23. @Aord43
    24. @ChrisMusic
    25. @Vinylfan

And the list of TBC's are:

1. @EricTheWeary
    2. @Bigjon
    3. @LuttiS

So the numbers stand at 26 if you include Me and @Bridgehouse which is cool, that's not too many by any means.

If we get many past 30 people now, we can start talking about limiting places but I still don't think that'll be an issue and telling people they CAN'T come along is something I really want to avoid.

Let's see how that pans out.
    For now though that's where we stand.
    If anyone is on the TBC list and wants to say a definite yes then let me know publically here in the thread and I'll amend the list.
    Similarly, if you're on the Definites list and you need to pull out, just say so and I'll amend the list.

Hoo Rah!
    Vinylfan said:
    Vinylfan said:

Ok, I'm in!  

Can I make some suggestions for a couple of songs - Learning to Fly and Tougher Than the Rest?  Not too fussed if they don't make the list though.

Happy to offer a lift if needed.  There is also a harmonica and a tambourine lying around...

Promise to be nice....
    Gotcha.
    ;)