Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Brilliant - I'm looking forward to this. Funds sent - thanks for organising this, guys.

Can I ask a question of folks that know the area, please?

I'm thinking about coming up on the train - I've looked on Google Maps and it doesn't look *that* far from the station. Is it walkable? And how dodgy are the areas I'd be walking through with a gigbag on my back?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    impmann said:
    Brilliant - I'm looking forward to this. Funds sent - thanks for organising this, guys.

I'm thinking about coming up on the train - I've looked on Google Maps and it doesn't look *that* far from the station. Is it walkable? And how dodgy are the areas I'd be walking through with a gigbag on my back?
    Pretty much right through the centre of town - on a Saturday lunchtime? Not dodgy at all.

15 mins if you keep a good pace I reckon. Someone would drop you off on the way back no doubt too. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I'll be travelling there from Kenilworth (near Coventry/Warwick) if anyone from that neck of the woods needs a lift (and whatever gear we bring can fit in a Focus).
    impmann said:

Pretty much right through the centre of town - on a Saturday lunchtime? Not dodgy at all.

15 mins if you keep a good pace I reckon. Someone would drop you off on the way back no doubt too. 
    Thanks chap!

I don't know Leicester at all so thats great intel.

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1800
    Unfortunately, looking at the date I'll be up in Cumbria so sadly will have to be counted back out again.

Shame as it sounds fun.

Cheers
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3291
    edited July 2017
    impmann said:

it is walkable maybe 25 mins and you will literally be walking dead straight through the City Centre so I wouldn't over worry.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    impmann said:

it is walkable maybe 25 mins and you will literally be walking dead straight through the City Centre so I wouldn't over worry.
    I must walk quickly ;)
    impmann said:

Thanks!

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Vinylfan said:
    Alnico said:
    Vinylfan said:

Ok, I'm in!  

Can I make some suggestions for a couple of songs - Learning to Fly and Tougher Than the Rest?  Not too fussed if they don't make the list though.

@Vinylfan ;
    I would personally LOVE to perform 'Tougher than the rest' with you.
    It's been a favourite of mine since that album (Tunnle of Love) came out in the 80's.

That's on the list no problem at all and I can and will sing it if you've got no objections?
    @Alnico - cool. Fave song of mine too from that album.  No objection to you singing it at all!
    Excellent.
    Thank You, I'll enjoy that.

So let's spend a week or two collating song ideas and then We'll post a solid list of songs for people to pick and choose from. Like I've said already, it's NOT for everyone to learn every song, it's to cherry pick from for those that want to.

If like @Vinylfan YOU have a song that YOU want to specifically do then that's cool too, I'll just post your username next to that song and YOU can perform it.
    I'm easy going about this side of things, all I ask really is that if you say you're going to choose to do a specific song then spend some time practising it. If you need help with it, just ask there's plenty of us that can help and if need be we can use skype or whatever to help you.
    Whilst I agree that it's a Jam Session and there's no pressure, I would like those who pick a certain song out for themselves to at least try to play it as best they can by just practising it.

Is that fair enough?
    I hope so because I don't mean it in any negative way if anything I'm being totally positive about this. I'd like to see everyone who picks a song out for themselves to play, really enjoy doing it.

For those who don't want to go down that route or those who maybe don't have the experience needed to pick a song, practice it and perform it, there'll be a list of unclaimed standards in varying degrees of difficulty (I prefer to think of it as levels of ease actually) for those people to see what they're most comfortable with on the day.

So to reiterate,...

If you are used to doing this and pick a specific song to perform, please practice it as best you can.

If you're not used to doing this and don't want to commit to that, PLEASE DON'T WORRY!

We will do our best to make sure there is something for everyone.

:)
  • impmann said:

I must walk quickly ;)
    me too I would probably make it in 15 mins but I know where I am going.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    edited July 2017

OK Funds sent whether I make it or not :-)

the_jaffa said:
    Unfortunately, looking at the date I'll be up in Cumbria so sadly will have to be counted back out again.

Shame as it sounds fun.

Cheers
    I'll see to that right now,

Thanks for letting us know!
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:
    Ok,

Here is the List of 'Jammy Gits' with Current Status.
    If you're going please PM @Bridgehouse and he will arrange your £8 contribution with you directly.
    So, in no particular order, those who are so far definitely going are:

1. @octatonic
    2. @Ennspek
    3. @The_Jaffa
    4. @TheOtherDennis
    5. @WezV
    6. @Flink_Poyd
    7. @DigitalScream
    8. @Strangefan
    9. @Strumjoughlamps
    10. @LegionReturns
    11. @Monofin
    12. @MarkBlagdon
    13. @Darthed1981
    14. @Pablo
    15. @TTony
    16. @Roland
    17. @Not_The_DJ
    18. @Antifash
    19. @Horse
    20. @TADodger
    21. @Fandango
    22. @Impmann
    23. @Aord43
    24. @ChrisMusic
    25. @Vinylfan

And the list of TBC's are:

1. @EricTheWeary
    2. @Bigjon
    3. @LuttiS

26 places taken now if you include Me and @Bridgehouse .

4 places left !!

Hoo Rah!

@the_jaffa has had to pull out so there's an extra space as it stands right now.

4 places left.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Alnico said:
    Ok,

If you're going please PM @Bridgehouse and he will arrange your £8 contribution with you directly.

1. @octatonic
    2. @Ennspek
    3. @The_Jaffa
    4. @TheOtherDennis
    5. @WezV
    6. @Flink_Poyd
    7. @DigitalScream
    8. @Strangefan
    9. @Strumjoughlamps
    10. @LegionReturns
    11. @Monofin
    12. @MarkBlagdon
    13. @Darthed1981
    14. @Pablo
    15. @TTony
    16. @Roland
    17. @Not_The_DJ
    18. @Antifash
    19. @Horse
    20. @TADodger
    21. @Fandango
    22. @Impmann
    23. @Aord43
    24. @ChrisMusic
    25. @Vinylfan

1. @EricTheWeary
    2. @Bigjon
    3. @LuttiS

So the numbers stand at 26 if you include Me and @Bridgehouse which is cool, that's not too many by any means.

If we get many past 30 people now, we can start talking about limiting places but I still don't think that'll be an issue and telling people they CAN'T come along is something I really want to avoid.

Let's see how that pans out.
    For now though that's where we stand.
    If anyone is on the TBC list and wants to say a definite yes then let me know publically here in the thread and I'll amend the list.
    Similarly, if you're on the Definites list and you need to pull out, just say so and I'll amend the list.

Hoo Rah!
    Just to confirm that if I came it would be the two of us. However, we'll be on the TBC list for a while yet so if the spaces go that's fine, if there are late on cancellations we could fill those. 
    Don't count us out but don't count us in, if you see what I mean ! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Just to confirm that if I came it would be the two of us. However, we'll be on the TBC list for a while yet so if the spaces go that's fine, if there are late on cancellations we could fill those. 
    Don't count us out but don't count us in, if you see what I mean ! 
    No problem Eric,

Just let us know as we go along.
    It's only just occurred to me to check the thread where this all started for entrants who said they'd attend right at the beginning of this.
    I'm checking right now.
    Everything is on temporary hold until I've confirmed I haven't missed someone out!

Back in 5 minutes.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Can I be a TBC for now pls? Thx.
    antifash said:
    Can I be a TBC for now pls? Thx.
    Sure, No problem.
    Thanks for the update.
    Alnico said:
    It's only just occurred to me to check the thread where this all started for entrants who said they'd attend right at the beginning of this.
    I'm checking right now.
    Everything is on temporary hold until I've confirmed I haven't missed someone out!

Back in 5 minutes.
    Right, I've checked through the original thread entitled "At what point is it ok..." and there isn't anyone who said there that they'd like to attend who isn't already on the list.

If there is someone I've missed out for whatever reason can you please make yourself known asap?
    Thanks.
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:
    Ok,

1. @octatonic
    2. @Ennspek
    3. @The_Jaffa
    4. @TheOtherDennis
    5. @WezV
    6. @Flink_Poyd
    7. @DigitalScream
    8. @Strangefan
    9. @Strumjoughlamps
    10. @LegionReturns
    11. @Monofin
    12. @MarkBlagdon
    13. @Darthed1981
    14. @Pablo
    15. @TTony
    16. @Roland
    17. @Not_The_DJ
    18. @Antifash
    19. @Horse
    20. @TADodger
    21. @Fandango
    22. @Impmann
    23. @Aord43
    24. @ChrisMusic
    25. @Vinylfan

1. @EricTheWeary
    2. @Bigjon
    3. @LuttiS
    4. @Antifash

@the_jaffa has had to pull out so there's an extra space as it stands right now.

@Antifash has requested to be put on the TBC list so at the moment there's another place opened up.

25 Confirmed.
    4 on TBC

5 places left in Total.