Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Alnico said:
    It's not that I think that as such, it's that Quad is an upmarket very not-scruffy place and they *might* frown on it in the afternoon but I don't know that for sure, it's just an educated guess from previous experience of the place.

Drinks afterwards would be great but as a driver that day (like a lot will be) I won't even have one but I'm sure there will be those who aren't driving that will.

Just FYI - the Quad's website says they are not licensed to flog booze but they are more than happy for people to BYOB...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Wow... ..
    In that case there's the answer. 
    I didn't book it so I've not looked.

Well spotted.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27571
    Do I remember you @WezV saying that your gang did a GF beer?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Hey all.
    Read through all these posts (was an epic).

Let me try and respond to a few posts.

No problems on the D'Addario front. This is a great community and I was part of it (I mainly lurk and buy stuff) long before I started working for D'Addario last year so pleased to help out if I can.

I unfortunately can't attend as I am away with work (I work away about 50 per cent of the week on average) otherwise I would have come down in a non-professional capacity for a jam! Hopefully next time.

Yes, I do get good 'staff' discount (as most would at any job) but no I can not / will not order strings for you. Go to one of our authorised dealers. :)

D'Addario is committed to helping out 'the small guy' as it were. We have a foundation that spends a fortune every single year trying to help out as many events as possible from donating a small package of goods to ploughing in some money. Of course we are a business but the D'Addario's genuinely have a very family and community ethic that underpins everything we do, I've seen it first hand too when I was in the States the other week (yes the factory is insane!!).

Finally, I'm sure it will be a great event, make sure you all post plenty of pictures, and hopefully I an attend the next one.

Again, if anyone ever has any questions about D'Addario or the products feel free to reach out to me :)

• WezVWezV Frets: 16686
    TTony said:
    Do I remember you @WezV saying that your gang did a GF beer?
    Yeah,  duara damm should be in the staff shop at some point between now and then.  Although it's not as regular as other brands and the uk distributor has just changed hands... not sure if we will still have it longer term.
  • is there still any room on the jam day? if so put me down, if not put me on the reserve list if that's cool?
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    is there still any room on the jam day? if so put me down, if not put me on the reserve list if that's cool?
    You're number 3 on the reserve list as of now Steve.

I'll PM people as and when spaces open up through cancellations and the reservists get first dibs on places for future jam sessions if they don't get a cancellation place this time. The list will stand as a record of that for us to refer back to in future.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    +1 for a second room. The Theatre room is fairly big but up to 30 people plus kit would be a squeeze. people would end up waiting in the foyer area, that would be dead time in my eyes, far better to try and get as much out of the day as possible. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6835
    Second room would be good - I would like to spend more time on a drum kit on looser structured jams if possible, just to get the chance to experiment with fills,etc
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    I think a second room would be great. For me, It would be great if some of the more experienced would session in the second room to allow some of us more inexperienced players to pick up some tips perhaps?

Can I also just check what it is 'expected' we will bring along apart from a guitar; what about amps, leads etc?

Thanks
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    TADodger said:
    I think a second room would be great. For me, It would be great if some of the more experienced would session in the second room to allow some of us more inexperienced players to pick up some tips perhaps?

Can I also just check what it is 'expected' we will bring along apart from a guitar; what about amps, leads etc?

Thanks
    I think broadly you can bring what you want. Pop a lead in your case/bag, and bring an amp if you fancy it/want to hear it cranked in a studio.

I am sure there will be plenty of amps brought, and there will be a couple in the room anyway I suspect. 

There aren't any rules as to what to bring as such - I would say bring what you need to get the most out of the day..
    Oh, and, tee shirt good idea for me.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Probably worth mentioning, just in case you missed it earlier... Bring a stand or hard case for every guitar you bring just because there will be so many bodies moving around (and possibly beer!)

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    I was kind of hoping that I will mostly get learning from the day so was going to bring one guitar and take home loads of experience!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    TADodger said:
    I was kind of hoping that I will mostly get learning from the day so was going to bring one guitar and take home loads of experience!
    If you have a guitar that you think would benefit from some tweaking then I'd bring that one as there will be quite a few on hand to help you learn how to tweak..
    I would like to bring my WezV Esquire if the mods are finished ;) , so not a huge amount to set up
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Sadly I can't make it but what an awesome idea. I'm very shy/unconfident but sounds like a fantastic environment to get over that hump. Hopefully there will be more in the future! 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Do we have mock-ups of the design?
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I'm a fat bloke :) 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**