Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Nikko said:

So whats the deal with some of the event being filmed/photographed? I think it would be a good record to have afterwards. I understand that some people may not want to be filmed etc through nervousness (I fully understand that :))

I found my old GoPro last night and could bring it along if needed, and id be happy to palm the footage I got off to someone else for edting as my skills in  that department are pretty much like my guitar playing skills ;)

The deal is that we're going to film those who ask to be filmed and NOT going to film anyone who's got a problem with it.
    We're really NOT trying to upset anyone or make anyone feel under more pressure than they might already feel.

The AMP SHOOTOUT is definitely being filmed because it's me doing it.
    We'll use 3 different types of guitar through each of the amps we have but it'll be me playing the same piece of music (TBC) on each of the 3 different styles of guitar for @digitalscream to then edit later and use on tFB's YT channel or however else he wants to use it.
    NO ONE else will be in this video so NO ONE needs to worry about this bit.
    The amp shootout is going to be home amps and we're trying to shoot something that will help people compare before they buy but we're aiming to film and record this with decent sound quality, given that we're in a studio and we'll have whatever we need to do that PLUS we'll have such a variety of amps around us, it's silly not to take advantage of that.
    This isn't aimed at big amps and we've got enough work on already getting the home amps thing done so thanks in advance to anyone offering a big amp to add to this but we won't be doing that. We're specifically looking at the home amps with the biggest in mind being the Katana 50. I'm bringing my CODE 25 and a few others are bringing stuff like that plus ID CORE, etc.

Back to the question.........
    If anyone wants to be filmed at any point, you only need to ask us and we'll gladly oblige as best we can.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    @Alnico  I'd rather not be filmed as I'm there to improve and get feedback on my poor soloing. 

RE home amps, I've got a ZVex Nano and a Vox AC4C1 if you want them. 
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    No worries @Alnico, Thanks for the detailed reply. Being filmed doesn't bother me either way, but I fully understand that some people wouldn't want this. Thinking I might clamp the GoPro to my headstock as I'd be interested to check my technique. 

Maybe for Comfortably Numb we could have a multi-camera production ;) 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Nikko said:
    No worries @Alnico, Thanks for the detailed reply. Being filmed doesn't bother me either way, but I fully understand that some people wouldn't want this. Thinking I might clamp the GoPro to my headstock as I'd be interested to check my technique. 

Maybe for Comfortably Numb we could have a multi-camera production ;) 
    To be fair I'm putting everything I know how to into getting 'Comfortably Numb' as good as it can be. 
    It'd be great if we get some decent footage of that.

No pressure then !
    Lol
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Ha ha none at all!
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    edited August 2017
    slacker said:
    @Alnico  I'd rather not be filmed as I'm there to improve and get feedback on my poor soloing. 

RE home amps, I've got a ZVex Nano and a Vox AC4C1 if you want them. 
    That's no problem. 
    It's not something we're going to make a list of but we'll be very careful before we turn the camera's on so everyone will be aware if there's any filming going on.

The only thing I would like from EVERYONE is that I'd like to try to organise one group photo of everyone that attended. Just a simple group photo with as many people holding their guitars as possible.
    I'm sure @TTony and @digitalscream would appreciate this too and with the permission of everyone in the shot that could be used in some way for tFB.
    Obviously if there are those who don't want to be in such a photo, that's also fine just let us know and don't get in the group when we take it. That's fair and simple enough isn't it?

Yes those amps would be great for the shootout.
    Thanks.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    I'm fine with a photo as it wont reveal my playing ability. I'll chuck the amps in the car on the day. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    I'd actually quite like to be filmed..

Oh - we are talking about the jam...?

Seriously though I'd actually appreciate a film of my performance/embarrasing meltdown so I have a memento and something to show the wife I was with guitarists and not, I dunno, hookers.

If anyone is filming feel free to film me, if it goes badly i might ask nicely for it not to be widely shared :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited August 2017
    I'd quite like video of anything I'm in, but obviously if other people are doing the same performance and don't want to be filmed not a biggie. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I'd quite like video of anything I'm in, but obviously if other people are doing the same performance and don't want to be filmed not a biggie. 
    Ditto.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited August 2017
    What a fabulous idea and fantastic for those with little or no live experience who have an opportunity to dip their feet in the 'live' water to learn and build their confidence in a totally friendly supportive and non-judgemental environment. Hope the event is well supported and a big success.  Huge kudos for putting this together guys.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm quite happy to be filmed making a total arse of myself. The people expect lol :grin:

Is there linkage for the tFB YT channel @Alnico

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

I'm quite happy to be filmed making a total arse of myself. The people expect lol :grin:

Is there linkage for the tFB YT channel @Alnico
    I am blissfully unaware and not part of that I'm afraid.
    I'm happily helping build up content if I can and will happily continue to do so if I can but the YT thing is something that @digitalscream mentioned and I can only assume he knows the full story.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Ive already mentioned that Im bringing my Taylor 414 and Roland AC 60, ( as well as some electric stuff)  for anyone that wants to try that combination or part thereof...also happy to try my guitar- your amp or vice - versa.

Im also bringing a list of our open Mic jam songs just in case anyone wants to learn a few easy to play numbers for their own Jam nights. no pressure, just a few chords to fiddle with at home.

Ill just park up in the corner out the way....Oh and Ill be there well early, so if you want to busk outside....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26585
    Alnico said:

The only thing I would like from EVERYONE is that I'd like to try to organise one group photo of everyone that attended. Just a simple group photo with as many people holding their guitars as possible.
    I'm sure @TTony and @digitalscream would appreciate this too and with the permission of everyone in the shot that could be used in some way for tFB.
    Obviously if there are those who don't want to be in such a photo, that's also fine just let us know and don't get in the group when we take it. That's fair and simple enough isn't it?
    Absolutely, good idea - if for no other reason than the one already mentioned: to prove to the wives that we really were with a bunch of middle-aged guitar obsessives and not the gaggle of attractive young ladies they (mine) seem to imagine.
    <space for hire>
  • We should wear the t shirts for the photo too 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    We should wear the t shirts for the photo too 
    Great idea.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    @digitalscream I'm neither young, attractive or female.

@spark240 I'll take you up on the jam night songs, it'd be nice to have a few tunes I can pull out for jam nights.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27508
    Alnico said:
    We should wear the t shirts for the photo too 
    Great idea.
    There's two people who've not seen them yet

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26585
    @digitalscream I'm neither young, attractive or female.
    I think the same can be said for everyone showing up. In fact, I don't think any of those three things apply to any of us...hence spending a Saturday nerding out on guitars and amps :P
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom