Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• Nikko said:
    Yep. Practice for the fear of falling on your arse in front of a room full of strangers
    I know for a fact that I'm going to fail hard - the long instrumental section in the middle of Cupid's Dead is a killer for somebody of my suspect memory.

I'm just hoping that watching one of the supposed "experienced players" faceplant is going to make everyone else relax a bit ;)
    You've not got to sing it! I'll be making a cuppa during the instrumental section and not get back to the mic in time. Might even fall asleep! ;)

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I'm just hoping that watching one of the supposed "experienced players" faceplant is going to make everyone else relax a bit ;)
    Always happy to oblige where my face plant services are needed ;)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26688
    The more the merrier!

<space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm bricking it too lol :grin:

I haven't played with others for too long so I'm using this as an opportunity to get back out of my comfort zone as well as a chance to talk gear and stuff in real life.

There's a 100% certainty that I'll make loads of mistakes on the day but I'm hoping you reprobates will be kind enough to not point while laughing lol

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27643
    Nikko said:

There will be some very talented/experienced players at the jam day, and although I know it will be a non-judgemental environment, I cant help putting just a little extra pressure on myself.

Speaking from my own experience...that pressure is how you make giant leaps in your playing and performance skills.
    Surprisingly, I seem to remember that my playing skills were directly - and positively - correlated with the amount of alcohol drunk.

My playing got better and better the more the audience drank.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    TTony said:
    Nikko said:

There will be some very talented/experienced players at the jam day, and although I know it will be a non-judgemental environment, I cant help putting just a little extra pressure on myself.

Speaking from my own experience...that pressure is how you make giant leaps in your playing and performance skills.
    Surprisingly, I seem to remember that my playing skills were directly - and positively - correlated with the amount of alcohol drunk.

My playing got better and better the more the audience drank.

In that case drinks are on me!

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

Anyway, the "audience" will be too preoccupied gearbating ;)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    The more the merrier!

This clip is a great metaphor ... there'll be some who just about make a stand, there'll be some who stumble and pretend that they are the greatest .. and there'll be the rest of you who'll bang your head in shame.

Looking forward to it. Even though work reduces my practice time, I am trying. Very trying.

Do the fandango go go go go !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27643
    fandango said:

This clip is a great metaphor ... 

We've got way better t-shirts than them.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Prove it! 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2252
    As we are having a little confessional....

I played bass for many years but am a bit rusty as I mainly play acoustic guitar. My lead playing is rubbish and for the years I've been playing shocking. 

Put me down in the bricking it department. Not only have I got to solo in front of guitarists I'm playing bass for them as well. So I'm looking to improve even if I cock it up I'm hoping someone will tell me where I'm going wrong. Also because I can play bass I'll feel less of a fraud if I can support someones guitar playing. 

As an ex bassist playing guitar, I can assure you that there's nothing like a cooking rhythm section to inspire you to play better. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited August 2017
    Attendance Update:

@Handsome_Chris has had to pull out so his place has now been taken by the person at the top of the reserve list...

@HPhillipsmusic ;
    Could you PM Chris to send him his £8 Back, please?
    ......and welcome to the mayhem! We'll see you on the day,............get practising!!

So the reserve list now looks like this:

1.  @TimmyO
    2. @KickTheHabit ;;;;;;;;
    3. @adampeter ;;;;;;;;
    4. @shelders
    5. @paulmapp8306
    6. @AllthegearNoidea
    7. @Brocco
    Now,..........There's still 3 weeks to go (3 weeks this Saturday) and when I added @TimmyO, for example, he was either number 6 or number 8 on the reserve list, now he's next in line so for people looking at this and possibly thinking it's not worth it now, it's too late........I would say No, it's not. Tim has gone from the bottom of the list to the top in around 2 weeks and there's still the potential for life to get in the way of people attending PLUS all those who don't get a place and got left on the reserve list on the day will be automatically offered first dibs on places for the next jam, before we let the screaming hoards loose on them, so it's still worth doing.

Thanks everyone.

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3056
    Nikko said:
    paulnb57 said:
    Late to the party, shame It's so far away from me, well done to the organisers.....such a great, supportive idea.......I wish it every success!....
    There will be a down south version run later on - I think we will probably go for mid-south so we can capture SE, SW and right proper south like you ;)

I think you mean daaan saaaf. In case you are not familiar with this, I will use it in a sentence.

"It would be bang tidy to have another jam sesh daaan saaaf"

Stone the crows Mary Poppins, diamond geeza, if the bit o work comes orff oil be down the apples and on me boik, sweet as a nut guvna!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    Nikko said:
    paulnb57 said:
    Late to the party, shame It's so far away from me, well done to the organisers.....such a great, supportive idea.......I wish it every success!....
    There will be a down south version run later on - I think we will probably go for mid-south so we can capture SE, SW and right proper south like you ;)

I think you mean daaan saaaf. In case you are not familiar with this, I will use it in a sentence.

"It would be bang tidy to have another jam sesh daaan saaaf"

Stone the crows Mary Poppins, diamond geeza, if the bit o work comes orff oil be down the apples and on me boik, sweet as a nut guvna!
    What did he say, Lamb?
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    paulnb57 said:
    What did he say, Lamb?

I think he may be a Time Lord who has just been regenerated as Dick Van Dyke :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    Plectrum said:
    paulnb57 said:
    What did he say, Lamb?

I think he may be a Time Lord who has just been regenerated as Dick Van Dyke :)
    If Sir Gregory hears him talking like that he will get the sack!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8740
    The good news for @TimmyO is that family commitments mean I have to pull out.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Roland said:
    The good news for @TimmyO is that family commitments mean I have to pull out.
    That's a shame but thanks for letting us know.

I'll adjust the list again now.
    Ok,

Latest update is that @Roland has pulled out and @TimmyO is now in his place.

Tim if you can contact Roland to send him £8 that would be great.

Reserve list now looks like this:

1. @KickTheHabit ;;;;;;;;
    2. @adampeter ;;;;;;;;
    3. @shelders
    4. @paulmapp8306
    5. @AllthegearNoidea
    6. @Brocco

• RolandRoland Frets: 8740
    @TimmyO My £8 belongs in TheFretBoard funds rather than my pocket
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom