Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I'll have a go at updating the song list later to see where we are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    edited August 2017
    @TTony ;;
    Who or how do i pay my money to?
    Should have asked earlier, cant remember who i replaced
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    Update:

@Vinylfan ; has had to pull out so @adampeter has taken his place.

Reserve list now looks like this...

1. @shelders
    2. @paulmapp8306
    3. @AllthegearNoidea
    4. @Brocco

@adampeter

If you contact @Vinylfan and go from there.
    If he doesn't want it you can decide what to do between you.
  • Alnico said:
    Ok......

So @Shelders can't make it so @paulmapp8306 is now in his place.
    Technically you're having this from @hywelg so can you PM him and arrange what to do with your £8.

There are only 2 people on the reserve list now......

1. @AllthegearNoidea
    2. @Brocco

OOOOOK.

I know Hywelg - Ill give him a PM and see what he wants to do.

I havent practiced anything - in truth I havent even looked at the "list" as quite frankly I didnt think Id get a place.  With the best will in the world still being 3rd on a list with 3 days to go......

Im only coming from Nottingham anyway, so logistically its not a problem.  If I dont get to play thats OK - Ill meet/great etc listen and learn.  Take part in a workshop if it will benefit me, and Ill have my AFX rig to show people around.  

Im fairly happy to sit in on a "Comfortably numb" or "hard to handle" as I have played them before (though Ill be rusty as).  Ill give the running order a look tomorrow night (as Im in wales working in the day) and see if theres anything else I could do blind.

It will be nice to see octatonic again (its been about 5 years since we last got together) but Id have liked to have caught up with nice chris again so its a shame hes had to pull out.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    Blackjack said:
    Yeah why no girls does anyone know Mary Spender lets invite her?
    This girl would really love to have been going but I spent too long arguing with myself as to whether I was good enough to go and by the time I plucked up the courage it was too late as all places were taken. Regretted it ever since but my own fault 
    As others have said, a lot more planned.

For reference, I'm terrible, but its a great opportunity and I'm really looking forward to it.

I just hope nothing else befalls all my fret bros here, what a crappy day for some of you :(
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7523
    TimmyO said:
    Is anyone staying overnight on the Sat or do you all live close enough to go there and home on the day? 
    :-)
    Red ones are better. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:
    Is anyone staying overnight on the Sat or do you all live close enough to go there and home on the day? 
    There and back in a day for me. 
  • I'm doing the tour of Britain now, picking up a Chris, picking up a 2x12 cab, then the jam, then back again. No overnight I'm afraid

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26684
    Pretty simple for me - there early in the morning to help set up, back in time to see my band play an acoustic gig (with my predecessor stepping in, 'cos I don't even own an acoustic).

Let's hope I don't forget the D'Addario care package, because I really don't want to have to do the Leicester trip four times on a Saturday...
    <space for hire>
    Do you want me to update the song list folks? Or would you prefer it to be a bit more ad hoc on the day and let people fill slots as we go along? 

I am happy to do either, and I'll be running around like an idiot making sure the right people are in the right place for each song - but am happy for it to be a bit more relaxed if that's what people fancy..?
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited August 2017
    I'm not only shit, but I also have the extra excuse that today I sliced one of my fingers open. I was demonstrating safe use of a bushcraft knife to some kids...badly! Fortunately it's not my fretting hand, but there won't be any finger picking now! 

I'm not only shit, but I also have the extra excuse that today I sliced one of my fingers open. I was demonstrating safe use of a bushcraft knife to some kids...badly! Fortunately it's not my fretting hand, but there won't be any finger picking now! 
    Well if we are all getting our excuses in now, then mine is that the chances are I will get pretty much very little sleep between now and Saturday as I'm currently involved in the project to relocate the school at the bottom of Grenfell Tower and it involves condensing a 12 month project into 9 weeks....

If anyone sees me snoozing in a corner just prod me with your headstock.
  • I'm not only shit, but I also have the extra excuse that today I sliced one of my fingers open. I was demonstrating safe use of a bushcraft knife to some kids...badly! Fortunately it's not my fretting hand, but there won't be any finger picking now! 
    Well if we are all getting our excuses in now, then mine is that the chances are I will get pretty much very little sleep between now and Saturday as I'm currently involved in the project to relocate the school at the bottom of Grenfell Tower and it involves condensing a 12 month project into 9 weeks....

I can prod you with my bushcraft knife if you like? I'm very safe with it

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I can prod you with my bushcraft knife if you like? I'm very safe with it
    Just try not to prod anything that might affect the quality of my bass playing. 

Oh...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I actually had a dream about the Jam day last night. I dreamt that I got deafened by a ridiculously loud Fly 3 and then couldn't hear when people were telling me that it was my turn to play. 

Odd. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6903
    @BridgehouseI appreciate the effort you've all put into organising this, so I'm sure we'll all go with the flow to make it a success. I hope @alnico does come along, but If you need anymore help on the day just let me know, even if it's just to get you a cup of tea!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:
    My original plan was to have a few jars and stay over, but coming back now, taking @impmann to and fro as well.
    mrkb said:
    @BridgehouseI appreciate the effort you've all put into organising this, so I'm sure we'll all go with the flow to make it a success. I hope @alnico does come along, but If you need anymore help on the day just let me know, even if it's just to get you a cup of tea!
    Yeah I suggest that we try to all be in the main room to watch the performance before ones we are "in", and make sure two songs before we have checked our gear out in the 2nd room ready to roll.

That way we can support @Bridgehouse so he doesn't have to run himself ragged looking for errant musicians.

I'm going to try and be in the room to support everyone with an enthusiastic audience as much as possible as well! :)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Do you want me to update the song list folks? Or would you prefer it to be a bit more ad hoc on the day and let people fill slots as we go along? 

I am happy to do either, and I'll be running around like an idiot making sure the right people are in the right place for each song - but am happy for it to be a bit more relaxed if that's what people fancy..?
    Dude, I'd leave it Ad hoc...I can see the program slipping anyhow

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • FK me its Friday tomorrow and then it is Saturday after that[/stating the bloody obvious] :)

I think I can wing through guitar on Anarchy if needed and singing Pretty Vacant is me achieving a personal goal so earplugs out guys for that one...

looking forward to meeting up