Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    I'll jump onto anything I feel I can make a reasonable noise on If needed 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    @Alnico You know my thoughts. Whatever's best for you man.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Yeah why no girls does anyone know Mary Spender lets invite her? ;)
    I would love it if she came. I've always wanted to try a Vigier!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26671
    ennspek said:
    Given that a) I doubt she knows this place even exists, and b) any attempts to persuade her to join would come across as pretty creepy, I'd say it's fairly unlikely to happen ;)
    <space for hire>
    OK, urgent appeal - does anyone attending have a video camera or two (and tripods!) they'd be happy to use for the day? Of my two video cameras, one now refuses to fire up and the other one's gone missing entirely.

I'm having a bit of a bad day.
    <space for hire>
  • OK, urgent appeal - does anyone attending have a video camera or two (and tripods!) they'd be happy to use for the day? Of my two video cameras, one now refuses to fire up and the other one's gone missing entirely.

I thought we were not doing vid/pics??
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    OK, urgent appeal - does anyone attending have a video camera or two (and tripods!) they'd be happy to use for the day? Of my two video cameras, one now refuses to fire up and the other one's gone missing entirely.

Yes, but more accurately, no.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    ennspek said:
    Given that a) I doubt she knows this place even exists, and b) any attempts to persuade her to join would come across as pretty creepy, I'd say it's fairly unlikely to happen ;)
    But but but... yeah OK you are right of course!

But if you google yourself and find this, sign up Mary Spender we are all really nice :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • OK, urgent appeal - does anyone attending have a video camera or two (and tripods!) they'd be happy to use for the day? Of my two video cameras, one now refuses to fire up and the other one's gone missing entirely.

Eh....!?!!?
    ennspek said:

But if you google yourself and find this, sign up Mary Spender we are all really nice :)
    She can join the f***ing reserve list like everyone else!!!

@strumjoughlamps ;I believe the final arrangement was anyone playing at any point could veto videoing that performance, but there would be some videoing of willing participants...  I'll be happy to be corrected by any of the organising team.

@digitalscream I do have a digital SLR that does video (a Nikon D3200) but no tripod (don't tell the ladies though) or decent mic, not sure if that helps?!

Eh....!?!!?
    It's a polite way of saying "there's been 14 pages of debate on the topic, and the answer is no videos unless all participants agree to it"
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    The idea was not to add to the pressure by filming everything....but some of us are happy to be filmed as a long as everyone playing at that time agrees then it's ok. Plus the big Floyd number at the end, and maybe some of the amp shoot out?

anyway i don't have a camera so can't help
    there. 
    The idea was not to add to the pressure by filming everything....but some of us are happy to be filmed as a long as everyone playing at that time agrees then it's ok. Plus the big Floyd number at the end, and maybe some of the amp shoot out?

anyway i don't have a camera so can't help
    there. 
    Yep. That.

@strumjoughlamps ;I believe the final arrangement was anyone playing at any point could veto videoing that performance, but there would be some videoing of willing participants...  I'll be happy to be corrected by any of the organising team.

@digitalscream I do have a digital SLR that does video (a Nikon D3200) but no tripod (don't tell the ladies though) or decent mic, not sure if that helps?!

OK. I have a tripod (crappy, but it works), but no simple immediate means of recording audio. I'll figure something out...

What's the recording capacity? Irritatingly, the camera that's gone missing had my only 64GB card in it.
    <space for hire>
  • ahh cool, so when I yell out to Pretty Vacant I can have a camera in front of me just filming me then..?

I am okay if it is a no, but chuffed it's a yes..
    ahh cool, so when I yell out to Pretty Vacant I can have a camera in front of me just filming me then..?

I am okay if it is a no, but chuffed it's a yes..
    Maybe you should try a selfie stick ;)
    edited August 2017

@strumjoughlamps ;;I believe the final arrangement was anyone playing at any point could veto videoing that performance, but there would be some videoing of willing participants...  I'll be happy to be corrected by any of the organising team.

OK. I have a tripod (crappy, but it works), but no simple immediate means of recording audio. I'll figure something out...

What's the recording capacity? Irritatingly, the camera that's gone missing had my only 64GB card in it.
    Err.. I've got a 16GB card at the minute and that's my biggest available, I do have two of them so we can probably get by?

I'll bring the camera, even if only for my own personal use.

I hereby promise to not photo or video anyone without their express permission, especially @strumjoughlamps

Please can someone make sure I get a video of Plug In Baby - I promised a couple of people they could see!

Edit: @digitalscream  camera has a standard small mic jack, I'll bring my only cheap microphone which will be better than the built in one, so we have something very basic at least
    ennspek said:

Don't listen to him Mary, I'll sneak you in ;)
    ennspek said:

Don't listen to him Mary, I'll sneak you in ;)
    I will be checking under all coats on the way in