Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Nikko said:

........You've got a good network of friends here, who im sure will be more than willing to lend an ear (or a shoulder) should you need it.............

That's the only thing keeping me going.

If you're reading this and you're one of them, Thank You !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    Oh holy sh*t dude.

Can only echo what Nikko said we are all here as friends for you.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    @Alnico ;
    I dont know you personally mate but i'm really sorry to hear that, chin up and thanks for all you have done to arrange this
    Adam

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Oh man, so sorry for you. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    @Alnico ;

I know it's hard at the minute mate, I really do - I would say give it until Friday to see how you feel. If you still don't want to come, then no worries, but if you change your mind then you will find a room full of very supportive people ready for you. 

You could play, not play, just turn up for a change of scenery or whatever. 

Think on it and let us know Friday - you've done enough for this day to have the right to think on it a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Knocked sideways to hear this, Alnico, of course I'll step in to play or sing where you're unable to, including Comfortably Numb. I hope you end up being able to make it in the end, but if not I'll help people with run-throughs etc on the songs in your stead, no problem.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27642
    edited August 2017
    I can pretty much guarantee that you'd have a better time with us on Saturday, than *not* with us.

I think I can understand you not feeling like it right now, but keep that thought in your head, and maybe find the energy to come over and spend some time with your mates?

You certainly have an "interesting" life .... you've made it through everything else and you'll make it through this too.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Thats super Sh*te news bud, totally get it if you want to give it a miss, but....it still would be real nice to say Hello & thanks in person after all this organising ! ...Stay busy and keep in touch....things will work out somehow..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Thanks for your thoughts.

@TTony , If it wasn't such a big blow I'd say you're right but in this case I'm zombie-like knocked sideways.
    I actually just need VERY quiet days to myself.

I've considered whether to be really angry about her timing but I'm just too dazed to be angry.

Could I respectfully ask anyone who wants to comment on this small part of Saturday's Jam session to PM me and not make this a focal point of the thread? I'll try to reply, I just don't want this to be the centre of attention, there are 29 other people all looking forward to this.

I'll be better on my own until this feeling leaves me but until then, basic daily function is a struggle but just about possible. To go on Saturday seems impossible to me but in deference to @Bridgehouse and his request, I'll see how I feel Thursday night. I honestly don't expect it to change because I'm only running on emergency systems inside and none of that is about what Saturday is about.
    Whoever is next on the reserve list would do themselves a favour by at least trying to be free on Saturday.
    I give this another day but ......

I'm just lost for words.
    Sorry.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    @Alnico , @TTony , I'm sorry to do this at this late stage but I'm going to have to pull out as my car has just been written off by a tosser pulling out of a side road so at the moment I have no vehicle and will likely have to spend the weekend going to look at replacements.
    hywelg said:
    @Alnico , @TTony , I'm sorry to do this at this late stage but I'm going to have to pull out as my car has just been written off by a tosser pulling out of a side road so at the moment I have no vehicle and will likely have to spend the weekend going to look at replacements.
    I'll sort the list placements out now for you.
    Sorry to hear that, Is everyone ok?
    List Update:

@Hywelg has pulled out so @Shelders has taken his place and could he please contact Hywel to arrange where to put his £8.

Reserve list now only has 3 people on it so it looks like this.....

1. @paulmapp8306
    2. @AllthegearNoidea
    3. @Brocco

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Alnico said:
    hywelg said:
    Fine thanks. Just livid, and wondering how I'm going to be able to replace it for sensible money....
    hywelg said:
    Alnico said:
    hywelg said:
    Fine thanks. Just livid, and wondering how I'm going to be able to replace it for sensible money....
    Glad to hear that.

I can't help much, I'm not involved with cars at all anymore.
    It could be a lot worse though.
    Glad you're ok.
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 250

Yeah why no girls does anyone know Mary Spender lets invite her? ;)
    This girl would really love to have been going but I spent too long arguing with myself as to whether I was good enough to go and by the time I plucked up the courage it was too late as all places were taken. Regretted it ever since but my own fault 
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Blackjack said:

Yeah why no girls does anyone know Mary Spender lets invite her? ;)
    This girl would really love to have been going but I spent too long arguing with myself as to whether I was good enough to go and by the time I plucked up the courage it was too late as all places were taken. Regretted it ever since but my own fault 

It's not a competition so "good enough" doesn't come into the equation ;) There will be others though so you will have another opportunity :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7520
    Is anyone staying overnight on the Sat or do you all live close enough to go there and home on the day? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 22
    Alnico said:
    List Update:

@Hywelg has pulled out so @Shelders has taken his place and could he please contact Hywel to arrange where to put his £8.

1. @paulmapp8306
    2. @AllthegearNoidea
    3. @Brocco

Stinker. Gonna have to pull out as apparently missus wants to do something for her birthday weekend now, selfish woman. Devastated. 
    Shelders said:
    Alnico said:
    List Update:

1. @paulmapp8306
    2. @AllthegearNoidea
    3. @Brocco

Stinker. Gonna have to pull out as apparently missus wants to do something for her birthday weekend now, selfish woman. Devastated. 
    Ok, I'll do it again just now........
    Ok......

So @Shelders can't make it so @paulmapp8306 is now in his place.
    Technically you're having this from @hywelg so can you PM him and arrange what to do with your £8.

There are only 2 people on the reserve list now......

1. @AllthegearNoidea
    2. @Brocco