What's your favourite Chinese takeaway dish?

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28378
    Emp_Fab said:
    Don't forget to look up your usual on the hygiene standards website...  You may find you no longer want it to be your usual !    http://ratings.food.gov.uk/
    Pah.
    Hygiene is an antonym for flavour, as any fule kno.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    I dunno, the best place to get a kebab in Manchester* gets 5 star rating.  That's clearly proof.

*Al Jazeera in Rusholme, get the Kobeda on naan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    King Prawn Chow Mein

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Emp_Fab said:
    Don't forget to look up your usual on the hygiene standards website...  You may find you no longer want it to be your usual !    http://ratings.food.gov.uk/
    Interesting, all the takeaways round here are excellent (except for one chippy), couple of the local pubs with good reputations are shocking (and one that's thought to be shocking was excellent ...)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1210
    My favourite is crispy chilli beef which is great as I'm diabetic. There usually not much beef but loads of crispy and that orange sugar based slop they bathe it in.
    On the subject of hygiene, Mrs F was once waiting in the queue of her local Chinese takeaway when it got raided by the health and safety people and was closed down on the spot. She wasn't happy, having already paid. Later that evening there was a knock at her door and the man from the Chinese was standing there with a bag containing her order! She lived on a small village where everyone knew each other.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Until fairly recently, there was a vegetarian Chinese restaurant in Bletchley that did the best food I've ever tasted. It was a fifty mile round trip to go there, but well worth the effort. Knowing I could have everything on the menu was almost overwhelming!
    Their sweet and sour was in a class of its own.
    I'm still not entirely sure why the restaurant closed down. It may have been down to losing their chef, but the Mrs and I were gutted when we found out. The owners are still doing their wholesale business, so maybe there's hope......
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Until fairly recently, there was a vegetarian Chinese restaurant in Bletchley that did the best food I've ever tasted. It was a fifty mile round trip to go there, but well worth the effort. Knowing I could have everything on the menu was almost overwhelming!
    I'm still not entirely sure why the restaurant closed down. It may have been down to losing their chef, but the Mrs and I were gutted when we found out. The owners are still doing their wholesale business, so maybe there's hope......
    You really need to ask why a Vege Chinese restaurant ended up closing down?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    There's an halal Chinese restaurant in Brum that seems to keep on going, I do find it a bit of an odd juxtaposition. My old landlord who had lived in China told me nothing contained a lot of meat in China bit nothing was vegetarian either. 

Anyway, they ( Chinese takeaways) tend to be terrible. I like the chilli bean curd we get from Ki Ban* which seems to be hugely popular for a takeaway in a nondescript burb and has outlasted many others in the area. We also make occasional trips to the huge Wing Yip supermarket in Brum but are a bit out of our depth. There are certainly Chinese restaurants in the city centre that are good, although I've no idea about the authenticity. 

* I'll mention it by name as I'm guessing @RocknRollDave will know where it is. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Lucy Liu was my favourite Chinese.

Until I found out she wasn't Chinese.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Oh, do fuck off. They did good business and had been there for years. Plenty of our omni friends loved the food there too.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Egg fried rice and chips completely drenched in an MSG laced chinese curry sauce. A lot of the chinese owned chip shops in Liverpool used to do this for you in a polystyrene tray just brilliant! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Cheer up luv, why not grow yourself an organic sense of humour.  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    This thread has inspired me to get a Chinese on Saturday.  Loads of soy sauce, prawn crackers and chicken fried rice.  I like putting my chicken fried rice into the prawn crackers and shoving them into my mouth.  
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    This thread has inspired me to get a Chinese on Saturday.  Loads of soy sauce, prawn crackers and chicken fried rice.  I like putting my chicken fried rice into the prawn crackers and shoving them into my mouth.  
    I love it when you talk dirty.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    I like Singapore Fried Noodles, don't know they're on the menu in a Chinese restaurant but it tastes nice anyway.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    We have chinese every week, my girls are big fans. Fav for me is Pork in black bean sauce with egg fried rice and a few chicken balls in batter (but without the sweet and sour sauce)
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Nitefly said:
    Calling Phil!

Did you find a chink in his armour?

Oh come the piss on you old fogey... you can do better than that!
    @Drew_TNBD I'll take that as a backhanded compliment!  You're right, of course, but it was late and I'd been out for a few beers with my son. I'll try harder next time  :#
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    The tales of Rat and Cat being used in Chiense Take Away back in the 70s actually made me very wary... For instance; the beef never looked like or had same texture as our Sunday Roast...

JOKE: Man in Chiense Restaurant:

" Waiter - this steak is Rubbery..."  "Ah fank Yo' ve-ey much Sir!"
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    57Deluxe said:
    For instance; the beef never looked like or had same texture as our Sunday Roast...

Because they will use the much cheaper cuts your butcher or supermarket struggle to sell as roasts.  They will then cook it very differently to make the most of that cut.

belly pork is a staple of Chinese cooking.  Cook it right and a little will go a long way and give massive amounts of flavour.

I just picked up a plate plate of beef from my butcher for next to no money.  It's an ugly fatty cut

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I forgot double cooked porked garlic and chilli epic!