Helix Native

What's Hot

Comments

• Sporky said:
    I bought Native in the sale that's on at the mo. Probably not going to use it for guitar seeing as I have a full-fat Helix for that, but $84 seems a bargain for an effect plugin that does so much stuff.
    It's showing up as $69 for me, after the cyber30 code. I don't even have the Helix any more, but at that price it almost seems rude not to
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don’t want to be that guy, but the T&C’s have clauses about them being able to request the difference if people use a Native discount without having the HW eligibility. This page also confirms only people who buy new are eligible for the reduced software, which makes sense but I did not realise.

http://shop.line6.com/helixnativeterms.html
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7529
    Sporky said:
    I bought Native in the sale that's on at the mo. Probably not going to use it for guitar seeing as I have a full-fat Helix for that, but $84 seems a bargain for an effect plugin that does so much stuff.
    It's showing up as $69 for me, after the cyber30 code. I don't even have the Helix any more, but at that price it almost seems rude not to
    someone talk me into it... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Since I'm on here having finished the database maintenance...just thought I'd mention that I spend a good portion of this evening mucking around with it, and I've actually got Helix Native running under Linux.

It does mean running a compatibility layer, and it also means that I have to use a native Linux DAW (so Ardour, Mixbus or Reaper - yes, there's a fully-functional Linux-native version of Reaper now) because Helix Native only works with the non-realtime versions of WINE.

However, that's not actually a problem at all. Latency isn't increased (because WINE is only doing processing, not dealing with the audio interface directly), and I genuinely couldn't tell the difference between using Native as a plugin or using my Helix LT with the DAW monitoring. As an aside, there's definitely a smidge more latency playing with DAW monitoring when using Mixbus in comparison to Reaper.

EDIT: Oh, and when using a patch which would max out any of the Helix hardware units, Native uses around 25-28% of one of the eight virtual cores of my Core i7 6700 CPU.
    Yeah I found it pretty decent CPU wise when I demoed it, a decently powerful computer should be able to handle dialing in guitar and bass tones at once (which I would see as the big advantage over just using the hardware to reamp one at a time). Obviously depends on what else you’ve got going on.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Sporky said:
    It’s $69 plus $14 in taxes. Bargain!
  • I don’t want to be that guy, but the T&C’s have clauses about them being able to request the difference if people use a Native discount without having the HW eligibility. This page also confirms only people who buy new are eligible for the reduced software, which makes sense but I did not realise.

http://shop.line6.com/helixnativeterms.html
    "Qualified Purchasers: A “Qualified Purchaser” is an individual who purchases (or has purchased) an Eligible Product from an Authorized Reseller and registers (or has registered) the Eligible Product with Line 6 at www.line6.com/support/account-services. "

I bought one new and registered it, so I fit that criteria. It doesn't say you still have to own it. There is a 180-day limitation for resale of the hardware purchase, which I was above when I sold mine, but I'm also 100% sure L6 can't prove that either way as it was sold second hand, not returned to the shop. 

Completely agree it's intended to stop people buying one, registering it to get the Native discount, then returning to the shop the following week. I certainly wouldn't condone that!
  • Ok cool, I know L6 guys read this forum and was just making you aware as I didn’t know if you’d seen the T&C’s.
  • Ok cool, I know L6 guys read this forum and was just making you aware as I didn’t know if you’d seen the T&C’s.
    Yeah, no worries. This is why this place is good - much better to have this conversation than to just egg people on and have a bunch of people get $300 invoices 6 months later!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28603
    simonk said:
    Sporky said:
    It’s $69 plus $14 in taxes. Bargain!
    Izzackly.

Which is still a decent price, it's just that irritating thing the US does where taxes aren't shown by default 'cos they vary by state.

Even weirder in shops where you can't avoid the tax (as you can on inter-state online purchases).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Very happy to get it for 64 usd. I had no idea there was a discount!
  • On a side note @Digital_Igloo , when the Helix FX only board is released you guys can call it the Line 6 F eli X and all I want is one wincy little board for all my hard work
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • has anyone had any problems with Native crashing Logic or MainStage? Ive had a few occurrences that when I open the plugin window that it crashes the program. Once it starts doing this it will continue to crash every time the window is opened until I deselect the plugin and load it again
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    What is this trickery?

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Freebird said:
    What is this trickery?

Pretty simple, really - just using MIDI to let the floorboard talk to Helix Native via Reaper automation parameters. I'd imagine it's fairly time-consuming to set up, but aside from that...doesn't seem too difficult to me...?

I actually had an idea of doing this with an Intel NUC on a pedalboard with a small 7" TFT screen, in order to build a Helix with a lot less real estate. Never bothered, because the expense would be approaching the level of the Helix LT...that's a bit much for an experiment IMO.
    <space for hire>
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33821
    Yeah that is just done with CC# that were released in V1.6.

I'd never gig something like that- when it goes wrong it will be a real bugger to fix in the moment.
    Fine for studio.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33821

has anyone had any problems with Native crashing Logic or MainStage? Ive had a few occurrences that when I open the plugin window that it crashes the program. Once it starts doing this it will continue to crash every time the window is opened until I deselect the plugin and load it again
    No issues here with either Logic X.4.4 or MainStage 3.4.2.
  • octatonic said:

has anyone had any problems with Native crashing Logic or MainStage? Ive had a few occurrences that when I open the plugin window that it crashes the program. Once it starts doing this it will continue to crash every time the window is opened until I deselect the plugin and load it again
    No issues here with either Logic X.4.4 or MainStage 3.4.2.
    The crashing seemed to occur when I changed audio interfaces and then tried to open Native UI inside MainStage. For instance if I had any laptop at home using one audio interface and saved the concert I was going to use and then turned up at the gig, opened the concert and changed the audio interface. However if I saved the patched again and reloaded it no longer crashed. Weird. I haven't replicated that behaviour with any other plugin or instrument I own.
  • https://meloaudio.com/products/meloaudio-tone-shifter-ts-mega-audio-interface-w-midi-foot-controller

This may be of interest to some of you. I had been looking for a midi controller come interface for using with my laptop for Native and S-Gear and various other plugins. I used to have a Native Instruments Rig Kontrol 3 which was pretty close to what I was wishing for however this looks to have hit the nail on the head.... well except for the 12v phantom power, why why why why

• Guitar Rig Back Pack featuring Helix Native
  • Hate to be that guy but sometimes I still fell the website and what's written there as regard updates can be a little confusing. For instance the update instructions that tell you to back up your presets explain the process as if you were looking at the 1.8 screen and not the 1.7 from which I would assume you would be updating from