Lifelong Metallica fan, should I spend the £120 to see them at the O2?

What's Hot
I just don't know - on one hand, it's Metallica baby! On the other hand - I don't think I could help but be disappointed at that cost and with 25+ years of anticipation.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10731
    Yes. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    If you want to and can afford it, then yes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Yes, if you haven't before and can still pay the mortgage and feed yourselves.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Pearl Jam 2014 £64
    Pearl Jam 2017 £135 

That's inflation for you! Feel your pain but if you've not seen them, do it! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23146
    Well, if you have the money and you want to go... it's not as if they'll come back next year and it'll be cheaper.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    Yes if that's an official ticket price from the venue.

No if it's an inflated rip-off from some third party.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11907
    ICBM said:
    Yes if that's an official ticket price from the venue.

No if it's an inflated rip-off from some third party.
    Yeah this for sure, but the only real question you need to answer if you really want to go is, can I afford it?  If you can, why not! :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    A hard call, but I saw a great gig at the local pub this week, free entry - no comparison with seeing a big act at a huge venue, but the prices they are charging now is massively more than a few years ago.  Is this perhaps partly because there is so little profit in sales of the recorded music?
  • I wouldn't bother, meself

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    I thought these tickets were £90? (which in itself is pretty fucking outrageous)
  • @BloodEagle  it looks like a £25 mark-up from a reseller, sold out on ticketmaster/etc.
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    I went to see the World Magnetic tour in Glasgow and TBH they were fucking awesome live - there was pretty much nothing from Load - St.Anger in the set, just the new stuff and a load of old stuff.

If you've never seen them I'd do it at least this once! :)
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited August 2017
    Ive seen them twice - 1990 and 1991, I dont know what theyre like nowadays but back in the young-drunk-hetfield era they were outrageous - incredibly aggressive and rocked very very hard
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Ive seen them twice - 1990 and 1991, I dont know what theyre like nowadays but back in the young-drunk-hetfield era they were outrageous - incredibly aggressive and rocked very very hard
    Yeah I went to see them on the Black tour in 1992 - they are not as good as that anymore - not a surprise given it was 25 years ago - they are still pretty good, better than most actually!

TBH the only band that I've seen that are as good as they were 20+ years ago are Slayer - they remain unstoppable live every time I've seen them! :)
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782

It will be the best £125 you've spent in your life.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914
    edited August 2017
    I wouldn't but then I'm not a massive fan. Saw them at a festival and they were great but I was bored about halfway through. The long "epic" clean guitar breakdowns are even worse live. I don't think I'd spend that much to see any band live though.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Saw them at Monsters Of Rock in the Black days, utter madness as they were full on in yer face playing the back catalogue in that period. If you can afford it go for it I say. it'll be more of a spectacle nowadays and they don't get over here every year. With bands their next gig could be their last for whatever reason, I regret never see in the Red Hot Chili Peppers with Frusciante,doubt that will happen now
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Wife said she went to see them in the St. Anger tour and it was a big let down :( balloons and bouncy balls from the ceiling and very 'poppy'. I'm still leaning towards doing it...
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2418
    It'd be worth £120 just to see Hetfield and his piston of a right forearm.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4735
    In decent seats with decent sound, yes.  If the seats are up at the top and the sound is similar to playing your transistor in the bathroom very loud, no.

I hate the O2.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.